Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tracking Ryan Tannehill
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you currently believe Ryan Tannehill is the answer?
Yes, he is on the right track and just needs to develop with expirience.
93%
 93%  [ 54 ]
No, I wouldn't be surprised if Barkley was a Dolphin in 2013.
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 58

WaterBear56

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the late update. Can't believe we were talking about Henne and he had that kind of game. Guy still sucks though, they had about 200 yards after the catch, from what I read on their forum.

Which brings me to my question. Why can't we get more yards after the catch? Every time a receiver gets his hands on the ball he is stopped right there. Love seeing Bess try to juke corners though, he can never do it so he always just walks out of bounds. But seriously, we need more quick slants. Most of Tannehills passes are to the outside numbers or right through the middle of the field, typically when a receiver is wide open.
Mpjjk89

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:
Sorry for the late update. Can't believe we were talking about Henne and he had that kind of game. Guy still sucks though, they had about 200 yards after the catch, from what I read on their forum.

Which brings me to my question. Why can't we get more yards after the catch? Every time a receiver gets his hands on the ball he is stopped right there. Love seeing Bess try to juke corners though, he can never do it so he always just walks out of bounds. But seriously, we need more quick slants. Most of Tannehills passes are to the outside numbers or right through the middle of the field, typically when a receiver is wide open.

What's even more alarming is the fact that our WR's have only caught 3 TD passes this season.

3 TD's in 10 games for WR's is the league worst, and yes, even worse than the KC Chiefs.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mpjjk89 wrote:
WaterBear56 wrote:

What's even more alarming is the fact that our WR's have only caught 3 TD passes this season.

3 TD's in 10 games for WR's is the league worst, and yes, even worse than the KC Chiefs.

People are going to say that it's speed we lack but...

...we're a very young offense that isn't even close to being fully-developed like you see in Houston, Green Bay, New England, New Orleans and other places where there's been years upon years of drafting, development and work put in.

Our offense is very limited and is very hesitant and often unable to properly execute what is being called by the coaches.

This 'fog' will only slowly dissipate in time. I think we'll see plenty more of this next season and probably not until year 3 or 4 will we really start to be impressed by what our offense looks like.

You have to understand guys, there is nothing we can do to fix our issues immediately. We have to slowly allow these players and this team to develop in time.

The WRs have to become more accustomed to the routes, the QB has to develop timing and trust with those guys, the ball has to be out faster, and pass protection has to solidify.

I could sit here and type 100 different things but it's going to boil down to the fact we're basically a young team that needs 3 or 4 years of development to play at a high level consistently and do more than just flash the occasional sign of potential.
Miami2DaMax

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinmun wrote:
Mpjjk89 wrote:
WaterBear56 wrote:

People are going to say that it's speed we lack but...

...we're a very young offense that isn't even close to being fully-developed like you see in Houston, Green Bay, New England, New Orleans and other places where there's been years upon years of drafting, development and work put in.

Our offense is very limited and is very hesitant and often unable to properly execute what is being called by the coaches.

This 'fog' will only slowly dissipate in time. I think we'll see plenty more of this next season and probably not until year 3 or 4 will we really start to be impressed by what our offense looks like.

You have to understand guys, there is nothing we can do to fix our issues immediately. We have to slowly allow these players and this team to develop in time.

The WRs have to become more accustomed to the routes, the QB has to develop timing and trust with those guys, the ball has to be out faster, and pass protection has to solidify.

I could sit here and type 100 different things but it's going to boil down to the fact we're basically a young team that needs 3 or 4 years of development to play at a high level consistently and do more than just flash the occasional sign of potential.

You never know what could happen in the Free Agency though, no one ever does. For all we know we could hit some gems in the FA and the draft.

Out of our 1st, 2nd, 2nd and 3rd. I want a WR, Guard, Tackle, and Corner/Safety. But we may end up trading back and get another 2nd round pick, which I hope so and grab a Pass rusher too.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mpjjk89 wrote:
WaterBear56 wrote:

This is why I am not sold on Tanney. He is not capable of scoring in the redzone. His TD's come from distance. You have to be able to function in the redzone to be an effective QB. This is why he is not even close to RG3 and Luck. It is great that he is playing but I seriously doubt he will ever be what those guys are. His ceiling is not that high. I dont know why this name keeps coming to my head but I think he is going to be Josh McCown. And I understand I am making judgements too early in his career but there is nothing about him that appears special to me. Should be interesting to see how he grows next year because I am not impressed at all from what I see so far.
Miami2DaMax

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Mpjjk89 wrote:
WaterBear56 wrote:

This is why I am not sold on Tanney. He is not capable of scoring in the redzone. His TD's come from distance. You have to be able to function in the redzone to be an effective QB. This is why he is not even close to RG3 and Luck. It is great that he is playing but I seriously doubt he will ever be what those guys are. His ceiling is not that high. I dont know why this name keeps coming to my head but I think he is going to be Josh McCown. And I understand I am making judgements too early in his career but there is nothing about him that appears special to me. Should be interesting to see how he grows next year because I am not impressed at all from what I see so far.

Even if you aren't on sold him, do you wanna draft another QB with out first 4 picks? No. He needs another year or two before we start that talk. We can at least give him an above average WR and a little more help in blocking before that talk starts.
stepover

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Mpjjk89 wrote:
WaterBear56 wrote:

I think worst case scenario Tanney can be Alex Smith (which is better than Josh McCown!) but it's far too early to make judgments about what his ceiling is. Give him a consistent O-line and a receiving corps like Green Bay, New York Giants, New Orleans, Dallas etc has and then you will see what his ceiling is and while my own opinion is he's not going to be a Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees I don't see why he can't be in the next tier with the likes of Rivers and Romo. Will that be good enough for Dolphins fans raised on Marino? Probably not...
Miami2DaMax

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stepover wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
Mpjjk89 wrote:
WaterBear56 wrote:

I think worst case scenario Tanney can be Alex Smith (which is better than Josh McCown!) but it's far too early to make judgments about what his ceiling is. Give him a consistent O-line and a receiving corps like Green Bay, New York Giants, New Orleans, Dallas etc has and then you will see what his ceiling is and while my own opinion is he's not going to be a Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees I don't see why he can't be in the next tier with the likes of Rivers and Romo. Will that be good enough for Dolphins fans raised on Marino? Probably not...

Anyone but Romo please, I never thought he was good, sorry.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami2DaMax wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
Mpjjk89 wrote:
WaterBear56 wrote:

Even if you aren't on sold him, do you wanna draft another QB with out first 4 picks? No. He needs another year or two before we start that talk. We can at least give him an above average WR and a little more help in blocking before that talk starts.

Actually, I do. I have gone on record as saying Miamii should keep drafting QB's until they find one. But I understand that will not happen. Draft picks are too valuable. I dont think Miami can afford to target any specific position in the draft. They have to draft athletic impact players regardless of position. So if the top QB falls to Miami, they need to take him. If the top NT, LB or whatever is available they have to take him. Miami is void of talent. We have also been saying give the QB weapons before we judge him. We said the same thing with Chad Henne and we are still looking for weapons.
phinmun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Miami2DaMax wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
Mpjjk89 wrote:
WaterBear56 wrote:

Actually, I do. I have gone on record as saying Miamii should keep drafting QB's until they find one. But I understand that will not happen. Draft picks are too valuable. I dont think Miami can afford to target any specific position in the draft. They have to draft athletic impact players regardless of position. So if the top QB falls to Miami, they need to take him. If the top NT, LB or whatever is available they have to take him. Miami is void of talent. We have also been saying give the QB weapons before we judge him. We said the same thing with Chad Henne and we are still looking for weapons.

Can I be crazy for a moment?

I'm not sure that QB still has a stranglehold on the title of "most important" anymore. There are too many QBs in the league today having success to make me think it's just about the elites. I still think when you list the elites, it's a pretty small list: Brees, Brady & Manning.

There are so many "other guys" like Ryan, Flacco, Schuab, Rivers, Smith, Roethlisberger, Dalton, Newton and the newer rookies like Luck, RGIII and Wilson that you have to come to the conclusion that the play-books are being moved to favor whatever QB is available.

I think it's really the offensive coordinators who are doing a great job getting this cache of 1st and 2nd year QBs to look like they are. It's become standard over the last few seasons that young QBs find success.

Look at the guys who've failed: Henne, Sanchez and maybe Gabbert. I'm not sure about BG but people seem disappointed. With Henne and Sanchez we've seen basically the same thing, an inability to throw the ball accurately and a lot of inconsistency. I'd say Sanchez was making better reads and playing better in the red zone than Henne but neither one could go very long without throwing an INT because of a horrible pass.

I watched a lot of that Jags/Texans game and Henne's throws (even towards the end) were wildly off-target. It's a real credit to how Marcedes Lewis, Justin Blackmon and those other receivers played that they kept up with the Texans. Henne threw the ball terribly in that game and was below 50% doing it.

I think Tannehill's got the arm and placement to play at the NFL level but I don't think he's got the ability to be a 6- or 8-year veteran and make the guys around him better. No rookie that I've seen is making his weapons better and that's including Andrew Luck.

Our most important player will be Tannehill in this offense but our most asset will be our receivers collectively. I think we have to face the fact that it might take Tannehill 4- or 5- years to look like Ryan or Schuab and to be working the ball around like an expert and getting it out quickly but that's football.

It still takes time to develop teams. We can't draft another QB and expect success in year 1. If who you've got meets the standard requirements (and I think Philbin would say Tannehill does) then you have to bite and bullet and start the 5-year development of that guy. Schaub and Ryan are peaking right now. It takes time.
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No prospect in next years draft is better than Tannehill was as a prospect and Tannehill as a prospect wasn't even that good.

We need athleticism and we should go BPA. Preferably someone on offense, we need a more explosive offense.
Miami2DaMax

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Miami2DaMax wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
Mpjjk89 wrote:
WaterBear56 wrote:

Henne's not on the team, now is he? We gave him a Semi-Weapon, Marshall and traded him...if you like women beaters and just plain crazy people on your team than more power to ya...all he did was whine and complain, Tannehill never got a go with him...so your post doesn't even make much sense...not mention you said you do than later you don't want them to keep taking QBs, uhm what?

I've spoken with many scouts/previous scouts face to face. They target dozens and dozens of players encase someone doesn't make it to that pick they like.

Also Henne is 5 years pro, not a rookie. Man, I'm sorry but you need know football before you talk like that. Sounds like to me you have already made a decision about Tannehill or just looking for more drama.
phinmun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami2DaMax wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

Henne's not on the team, now is he? We gave him a Semi-Weapon, Marshall and traded him...if you like women beaters and just plain crazy people on your team than more power to ya...all he did was whine and complain, Tannehill never got a go with him...so your post doesn't even make much sense...not mention you said you do than later you don't want them to keep taking QBs, uhm what?

I've spoken with many scouts/previous scouts face to face. They target dozens and dozens of players encase someone doesn't make it to that pick they like.

Also Henne is 5 years pro, not a rookie. Man, I'm sorry but you need know football before you talk like that. Sounds like to me you have already made a decision about Tannehill or just looking for more drama.

QB-development is a full-time job that requires immense attention.

If we draft another QB, he'll just sit in the corner and be under Pat Devlin on the depth chart.

Tannehill is the guy who's going to get 95% of the attention with Devlin getting the other 5%.

Ya'll don't even have to say another word. Moot point. Won't happen.
hammer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:
No prospect in next years draft is better than Tannehill was as a prospect and Tannehill as a prospect wasn't even that good.

We need athleticism and we should go BPA. Preferably someone on offense, we need a more explosive offense.

I agree with this. This is not a draft to select a QB.
NBA: New York Knicks
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami2DaMax wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
Miami2DaMax wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
Mpjjk89 wrote:
WaterBear56 wrote:

The reason we study history is so we do not make the same mistake. My point in bringing up Henne is the team was void of talent then and that remains the reality. But of course you knew that. You just wanted to disagree with my post, which is fine. Now, on to your face to face interaction with many scouts. You or anyone else on this forum can do just as good a job at evaluating talent than any of these scouts you spoke with. They have the same eye for football as fans. We can tell you shifty quick players are better at returning punts. We can tell you there is a such thing as being too tall to play runningback. The best runningbacks are somewhere in that 5'8-5'9 height. We can tell you 6'8 offensive tackles will always struggle to pass block fast, quick, smaller defensive ends.

So excuse me if I place little emphasis on your conversations with scouts. They, along with these Sports commentators are no expert at what they do. They are you and I with a title or a forum to publicize their opinions. And of course they target many players. How is this new information? It goes without saying.

Brandon Marshall's off the field issues has nothing to do with his on field performance. But that is another point. In fact, why did you even bring his name up? I am baffled by your response? Did you even read my post or did you just glance over the parts you wanted to disagree with? Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 6 of 12

Jump to: