Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

0 for last 10, bout to be 0 for last 11.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
bulldog wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
We're not going to be picking #1 overall so you can kiss those crazy trade down senarios bye bye. We WILL win 6 of our last 11 games.

Its amazing to me that you routinely state your opinion as fact. Blows me away.

I do enjoy your DE lists, though.

Excuse me for being positive about the Browns.

You know what blows me away? Those wet blankets that keep saying we are going 0-16.

I haven't seen anyone say 0-16 yet....

Yet...

Sad
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
bulldog wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
We're not going to be picking #1 overall so you can kiss those crazy trade down senarios bye bye. We WILL win 6 of our last 11 games.

You know what blows me away? Those wet blankets that keep saying we are going 0-16.

Yet...

Sad

I've seen it numerous times including one of our mods. I won't say names but he knows who he is.

You must not being paying very close attention.

Jamison on the sig
bulldog

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
bulldog wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

amen brother!
StewieRules

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not down on our team, in fact given the play vs Cinci and the Ravens, we were a few plays away from winning both those games IMO. In fact put game 2 or game 4 Weeds in vs Philly and we win that one too lol But this will be a rebuilding/learning year for all our youngins, there's no getting around that. So a lil draft talk is not defeatism - just reality.

I love the idea of Jarvis Jones as an impact player - but that said I think this is certainly a trade-down year. Someone will want Barkley or Wilson or who knows, maybe even Gino Smith if he keeps up the stat crash.

WE need a CB, S, WR and Guardssssss. Much as I love Jones or Werner for that matter, I'll be bummed if we go there with such glaring needs staring us in the face.

Trade down a time or two, recoup the 2nd and maybe add one or a third, and we can still nab Woods or Allen at WR with a mid-1st round pick, or an Amerson or Rhodes, Milliner or Banks at CB.

Recoup an early 2nd at McDonald, Barron or maybe Vaccaro at S is a possibility.

Fredericks or Warford should be there in the 2nd for G, and DE prospects like Dion Dixon (whom i really like) or Smith from W. Kentucky are probably available in the 3rd.

Hadens suspension and our WR's hands of stone exposed some pretty glaring weaknesses - we fix those and upgrade our interior O-line and this young team will be well on its way.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
bulldog wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

Yet...

Sad

I've seen it numerous times including one of our mods. I won't say names but he knows who he is.

I say it every year after we lose our first game. Its kind of a tradition of sadness.

BTW, I'm begining to think that Justin Hunter may be the best WR in football, i'm not sure. Robert Woods has been less then enticing.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have plenty of 'talent' at WR.

Now we need execution. Can't draft that (apparently).

Gordon, Little, Benjamin, Cribbs, and MoMass are enough of a talent base to move forward without spending a high pick on a WR.

I'd be fine with another mid rounder for depth, but this trend of high draft selections being spent on WR's is getting asinine.

Every year? Seriously?

I'd rather see Heckert build the rest of the team and give the guys we have now the time needed to develop.

Also, there is no Megatron in this draft class that we need worry about. A lot of folks think Keenan Allen is the best available and I've been less than impressed.

Focus on the D.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
bulldog wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

Yet...

Sad

I quit paying attention a long time ago. haha

but as with the title of this thread with the Browns losing 10 straight games (next closest NFL team losing game streek is 3 currently) and the Giants next 0-16 "streek" isnt too far out there I suppose. I just hope we dont see it.

As for the season, the Browns will pull out a few wins. At this point however I am afraid that they will win that one extra game, when it no longer really matters, and it will cost them the top draft pick that they need.
NickZambo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:

Focus on the D.

That' what she said Laughing Laughing

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
brownie man

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at our team and where we are I'm for sure trading down if I can for Barkley or Smith. This isnt a top heavy draft like the past two years, but its chalked full of depth at all our positions of need. A ton of pass rushings DEs in the first alot of linebackers and finally talented free safeties. We do need a receiver and guards but hopefully we can address something in Free Agency I'm begging
gmer47brown

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will not beat the Giants in any form of randomness we wouldn't even beat them in the Twilight Zone.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gmer47brown wrote:
We will not beat the Giants in any form of randomness we wouldn't even beat them in the Twilight Zone.

To be fair, we said the same thing last time we beat them.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, we will win this game because of our habbitFOf beating the defending superbowl champ. Stealers, Giants, Saints, Packers (preseason). This is a nice little streak that I will see continued.

Also, we can always count on a draft prospect sky rocketing to the point of obsession. Who would have thought Cam Newton would have been the first overall pick when his senior season began? Who thought RG3 would have garnered three first rounders? Who would have thought Geno Smith would throw the ball 50 times and have more touchdowns than incompletions?

There is a new CBA, the first overall pick is not ad hard to trade out of anymore.

I guess my point is, it's too early in the season to resign ourselves to the first overall pick for one, and two; we don't know yet what we will covet the most, and more importantly what other teams will covet the most.

Season tickets, section 315, since 06
See you in the Muni with the Tailgate DJs
bruceb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gmer47brown wrote:

Why all the doom and gloom, man. We have whipped their butts before and can do it again.

We just need one win to get this train rolling.
wukusimw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely still have hope. IF somehow our guys can pull out a very tough win in this game that would be a huge confidence boost. Eli will have a big day, but if Nicks is out that could help. Skrine is improving, Patterson is playing well(just not athletic enough), and the offense might just connect on a few more deep balls. Pass protection has been good and Richardson can breakout any game.
BocaRatonBrown1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
I didnt read everything in this thread before this post, but we have a chance against NYG. Out of randomness, the Browns are 3-0 against superbowl winners the past three years. It can be done, just dont ask me how... Good news is that we have a long time to prepare after our Thursday nighter.

However, if we go on an all out bender and end up with a top 3 pick and we are content with Weeden, I would think we would trade down and pick up a few more picks (sorry, mad run-on sentence there). With so much emphasis on franchise QBs, it is inevitable someone will cough up a few 1st rounders and a 2nd (which would help since Gordon is out 2013 2nd round pick)....

I think Geno Smith is the next hyped QB, top 5 pick no doubt.

Geno Smith looked pretty damn hyped recently Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: