Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

0 for last 10, bout to be 0 for last 11.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickZambo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BocaRatonBrown1 wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
I didnt read everything in this thread before this post, but we have a chance against NYG. Out of randomness, the Browns are 3-0 against superbowl winners the past three years. It can be done, just dont ask me how... Good news is that we have a long time to prepare after our Thursday nighter.

However, if we go on an all out bender and end up with a top 3 pick and we are content with Weeden, I would think we would trade down and pick up a few more picks (sorry, mad run-on sentence there). With so much emphasis on franchise QBs, it is inevitable someone will cough up a few 1st rounders and a 2nd (which would help since Gordon is out 2013 2nd round pick)....

I think Geno Smith is the next hyped QB, top 5 pick no doubt.

Geno Smith looked pretty damn hyped recently Smile

See what I'm sayin? I would hate for us to be picking 1st overall come next draft but I would love to see a team give up 2 to 3 first rounders to take our pick. Hello roster rebuilding excelleration...

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
gmer47brown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
gmer47brown wrote:
We will not beat the Giants in any form of randomness we wouldn't even beat them in the Twilight Zone.

Why all the doom and gloom, man. We have whipped their butts before and can do it again.

We just need one win to get this train rolling.

Doom and gloom?

You're kidding me right?

This is what it's come to, we can't beat them cause of skill but because some form of randomness.

I'm being realistic. We're missing our best corner back same thing the Fitzpatrick, Dalton and Flacco and now Eli will shred us to pieces. Over 300 yds and 3TDs.

Location: 2014 Adopt a Brownie: Jim Dray: 10 Receptions, 144 Yards (14.4 ypc), 1 TD, 8 FD
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gmer47brown wrote:
bruceb wrote:
gmer47brown wrote:
We will not beat the Giants in any form of randomness we wouldn't even beat them in the Twilight Zone.

Why all the doom and gloom, man. We have whipped their butts before and can do it again.

Doom and gloom?

You're kidding me right?

This is what it's come to, we can't beat them cause of skill but because some form of randomness.

I'm being realistic. We're missing our best corner back same thing the Fitzpatrick, Dalton and Flacco and now Eli will shred us to pieces. Over 300 yds and 3TDs.

Yawn...

This kind of attitude is not "realistic" it's pessimistic. Every other game was close, but you don't give the browns a chance in this one? They just lost to Philadelphia, a team that only beat us by 1 pt. But we have no chance against them? Get out of here...

Athens, Ohio AKA South Cleveland
gmer47brown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalcolmBrown wrote:
gmer47brown wrote:
bruceb wrote:
gmer47brown wrote:

Doom and gloom?

You're kidding me right?

Yawn...

This kind of attitude is not "realistic" it's pessimistic. Every other game was close, but you don't give the browns a chance in this one? They just lost to Philadelphia, a team that only beat us by 1 pt. But we have no chance against them? Get out of here...

When we lost to Philly we had our best defensive player playing. We also lost to the Bills in a game that really wasn't that close and the Bills just got punched in the mouth by the Pats remember the Pats?
They lost to these Giants in the Super Bowl.

I'm being real. Having an unrealistic expectation about this team is dumb.

I've been here since 2007 so I'm not going anywhere and I'll still be here long after your gone. Because you are expecting the impossible and sometime in the near future you'll make a thread that talks about how your done.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gmer47brown wrote:
MalcolmBrown wrote:
gmer47brown wrote:
bruceb wrote:
gmer47brown wrote:

Doom and gloom?

You're kidding me right?

Yawn...

When we lost to Philly we had our best defensive player playing. We also lost to the Bills in a game that really wasn't that close and the Bills just got punched in the mouth by the Pats remember the Pats?

I've been here since 2007 so I'm not going anywhere and I'll still be here long after your gone. Because you are expecting the impossible and sometime in the near future you'll make a thread that talks about how your done.

oh the team that lost to them in the superbowl, i remember that...that happen LAST YEAR!!! i remember when stuff happened a year ago that affects teams now. You cant use something that happen last season to predict something that will happen this season.

if you wanna start using stuff that has happen in previous seasons then I can play the card...when was the last time the browns lost to the reigning superbowl champions? because to my knowlwedge the browns have beat the last 4 superbowl champions reg. season and pre season the past 4years

you are the biggest negative nancy there is!

its not like Joe Haden kept us in the eagles game. Im pretty sure if I remember correctly the time the Eagles scored their touchdowns it was because of Joe Haden getting beat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
ts not like Joe Haden kept us in the eagles game. Im pretty sure if I remember correctly the time the Eagles scored their touchdowns it was because of Joe Haden getting beat

Philly scored on an 18 yard pass to maclin in which Joe thought he had safety help and he played in a zone. The other TD was to Clay harbor who was covered by Ward.
MalcolmBrown

Location: 2014 Adopt a Brownie: Jim Dray: 10 Receptions, 144 Yards (14.4 ypc), 1 TD, 8 FD
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gmer47brown wrote:
MalcolmBrown wrote:
gmer47brown wrote:
bruceb wrote:
gmer47brown wrote:

Doom and gloom?

You're kidding me right?

Yawn...

You've been where since 2007? On this forum? Is that your way of questioning my fanhood because you've been posting on a forum longer than I have? So what does that say about all Cleveland fans NOT posting on this forum?

And let's hear why it's an unrealistic expectation to have a chance at winning the game against the Giants?

You're losing traction fast here.

Athens, Ohio AKA South Cleveland
gmer47brown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone here will tell you I could care less about "traction"

I'm stating a case for why we WILL lose and it's because we have a very young offense that is going against the best front 4 in the NFL and a defense that is missing it's best player.

Your defense.

We will win in an act of randomness.

You proved your point they should pay you for your analysis.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
gmer47brown wrote:
MalcolmBrown wrote:
gmer47brown wrote:
bruceb wrote:
gmer47brown wrote:

Doom and gloom?

You're kidding me right?

Yawn...

oh the team that lost to them in the superbowl, i remember that...that happen LAST YEAR!!! i remember when stuff happened a year ago that affects teams now. You cant use something that happen last season to predict something that will happen this season.

if you wanna start using stuff that has happen in previous seasons then I can play the card...when was the last time the browns lost to the reigning superbowl champions? because to my knowlwedge the browns have beat the last 4 superbowl champions reg. season and pre season the past 4years

you are the biggest negative nancy there is!

its not like Joe Haden kept us in the eagles game. Im pretty sure if I remember correctly the time the Eagles scored their touchdowns it was because of Joe Haden getting beat

Last year the Packers were pretty good during the regular season and they were the defending SB champs. It's pretty much the same squad. Our team that beat all of these Super Bowl teams like it matters is different.

I'm not negative. I'm having realistic expectations for the youngest team in football.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gmer47brown wrote:

I'm stating a case for why we WILL lose and it's because we have a very young offense that is going against the best front 4 in the NFL and a defense that is missing it's best player.

Your defense.

I agree on paper we should have no business in this game, however, we didn't have any business in 2008 either, and we went in a wiped the floor with the then undefeated Giants. 2 different teams I know, and I doubt we win on Sunday. But you are awful confident with your we WILL lose talk.

The present is a gift, and I just wanna be.
gmer47brown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigMoneysProtege wrote:
gmer47brown wrote:

Your defense.

I agree on paper we should have no business in this game, however, we didn't have any business in 2008 either, and we went in a wiped the floor with the then undefeated Giants. 2 different teams I know, and I doubt we win on Sunday. But you are awful confident with your we WILL lose talk.

Make no mistake I hope we win.

When we do start winning I want it to be because we are the better team. Not because an act of randomness.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gmer47brown wrote:

When we do start winning I want it to be because we are the better team. Not because an act of randomness.

You keep saying an act of randomness. If we kick the crap out of them on Sunday, were we not the better team on that day?

It may be a slim chance that we win, but one team showing up to play, and the other not showing up, isn't just explained away as an "act of randomness."

Anything is possible...We have shown flashes of above-average play, while the Giants have shown moments of below-average play.
gmer47brown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LegendaryBrown wrote:
gmer47brown wrote:

You keep saying an act of randomness. If we kick the crap out of them on Sunday, were we not the better team on that day?

It may be a slim chance that we win, but one team showing up to play, and the other not showing up, isn't just explained away as an "act of randomness."

Anything is possible...We have shown flashes of above-average play, while the Giants have shown moments of below-average play.

Not really Lol.

I think with Haden, Taylor and Gocong in then we have a shot against anyone. All I can see is Eli throwing all over us.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we are picking high enough we should take Jarvis Jones. Great athlete and can rush the passer and play the run exceptionally well. He's a leader as well.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gmer47brown wrote:
LegendaryBrown wrote:
gmer47brown wrote:

Not really Lol.

I think with Haden, Taylor and Gocong in then we have a shot against anyone. All I can see is Eli throwing all over us.

Even if all of our backups are in, if we play better than them on that day and win, it is not random. There is a direct cause and effect as to why we won.

What, in your opinion, is an act of randomness that would lead to us winning on Sunday?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: