Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

0 for last 10, bout to be 0 for last 11.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Justin Hunter and believe he is the most physically talented in the draft this year, however, he is a guy who is going to have drop problems in the NFL too. I've been watching him and he almost never uses his hands. He always uses his body instead and we all know how that works in the big leagues.

Jamison on the sig
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
I really like Justin Hunter and believe he is the most physically talented in the draft this year, however, he is a guy who is going to have drop problems in the NFL too. I've been watching him and he almost never uses his hands. He always uses his body instead and we all know how that works in the big leagues.

he also has had multiple injury problems

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

smh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on who Jimmy Haslam hire and fire.
wukusimw

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Jarvis Jones and Werner, but in reality we are only 1 to 2 players away from winning these games because we are only 1 to 2 good plays from winning them. I really like Dion Jordan as a situational pass rusher and eventual starter, so trading down or picking in the teen's would be very beneficial. Jarvis Jones would be a heck of a leader to have on the team though...

Keenan Allen and Robert Woods would solve the wr problem once and for all, but when we could just nab a vet or other sure handed rook why do that?

A DB would be great as well. Milliner, Banks, Reid...

It doesn't really matter, just give us 1 to 2 more solid players and we're there...

However, i feel TE is going to be a big need after this season. I would love to trade down or trade up somehow to get a second rounder and grab Williams from Alabama or Ertz from Stanford. It would help Trent a lot, take some pressure off Cameron, and give another red zone target and 3rd down target for Weeden.

Would love Lester and Mcdonald or a guard in the 2nd or 3rd as well.

HELL yeah to the DRAFT! Haha football is just too addicting...Anyways I hope we end up beating the giants, winning straight through the bye week, coming out and getting a tough win over Dallas, stay hot and let the last two games vs Denver and Pitt decide our fate. There is always hope and love.
NickZambo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt read everything in this thread before this post, but we have a chance against NYG. Out of randomness, the Browns are 3-0 against superbowl winners the past three years. It can be done, just dont ask me how... Good news is that we have a long time to prepare after our Thursday nighter.

However, if we go on an all out bender and end up with a top 3 pick and we are content with Weeden, I would think we would trade down and pick up a few more picks (sorry, mad run-on sentence there). With so much emphasis on franchise QBs, it is inevitable someone will cough up a few 1st rounders and a 2nd (which would help since Gordon is out 2013 2nd round pick)....

I think Geno Smith is the next hyped QB, top 5 pick no doubt.

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the 1st round pick the Browns select:

Bjourn Werner, DE, Florida State
Height: 6-4. Weight: 273.
Projected 40 Time: 4.74

This guy is powerful and quick off the ball and is not a traditional Fla St DE. I expect double digit sacks and TFL's this year from him barring injury of course.

2nd round pick used on Josh Gordon

With the 3rd round pick the Browns select:

Travis Howard, CB, Ohio State
Height: 6-1. Weight: 196.
Projected 40 Time: 4.46.
Big kid that is rangy and a willing tackler. Being Sheldon Brown will most likely sign up for his Golden Buckeye card and retire one way or another the Browns add a DB that can play CB NB or FS IMO.

With the 4th round pick the Browns select:

Andrew Jackson*, LB, Western Kentucky
Height: 6-1. Weight: 262.
Projected 40 Time: 4.61.
The kid is very similar to Gocong in build and gets down hill quick. With Fujita's contract up and Gocong's return in question Jackson adds depth depth were viable depth is few and far between.

With the 5th round pick the Browns select:

Braden Hansen, G, BYU
Height: 6-6. Weight: 310.
Projected 40 Time: 4.95
Simuler to Miller but more techniqualy sound then Miller. He's a bit of a better run blocker than pass blocker but he is a well rounded prospect.

With the 6th round pick The Browns select:

Zach Boren, FB, Ohio State
Height: 6-0. Weight: 252.
Projected 40 Time: 4.67.
A sledge hammer of a lead blocker with descent hands and a blue collar work ethic.
the 7th rounder(s)? and compensatory picks yet to be determined are not accounted for.

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
bulldog

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I want Jarvis Jones. And its not even close.

DE from aburn is my next choice.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:

Jones is an awesome 34 player, I just question his fit in a 43 while having the same impact.

I like:
Corey Lemonier*, DE/OLB, Auburn
Height: 6-4. Weight: 246.
Projected 40 Time: 4.60.

As well.

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:

I hope we pull a St. Louis and someone is salivating over Barkley and we can trade down like 3-4 spots and pick up some awesome picks.

This is the best case scenario for the Browns right now...

Move down a couple spots and get a 2nd round pick and future 1st, plus maybe more.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're not going to be picking #1 overall so you can kiss those crazy trade down senarios bye bye. We WILL win 6 of our last 11 games.

Jamison on the sig
DawgX

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:
WOW.....no offense, but threads like this will keep me out of here for a few weeks.....not saying censor topics, but this woe is me attitude we have in her sometimes just makes me find better things to do with my time.

I am not saying anyone needs to be happy with loosing...trust, I'm one of the top 5 people in here who hate our beloved Franchise be 0 for their last 10.....but we know we have a young team, and SHOCKER, our young tallent is playing inconsistent....

The Browns played a game good enough to win, with two plays going differently......a 7 (Weeden, Richardson, Schwartz, Smelly, Cameron, Benjamin, Gordon) rookie offense, playing on the road vs a team picked to go to the SB, in the rain....on a national stage......and we lost by a TD......

This team is CLOSE, we just need that one thing to get us over the hump, the game to break one way in our favor....and these L's start to turn into W's.......were 4 big plays from being 3-1.......And were already talking about who do we take #1 overall......

Yall have a good'un

Well said. Did you see the GDT in the NFL General forum? So many people are clueless about the Browns. This team is no where near as bad as some make it out to be. It seems many people fail to realize the Browns are the youngest team in the league and have lost three games by seven points are less and the other by ten points. If Haden were available the past three games, I think the Browns could have very easily beat the Bengals. The main reason they're 0-4 is due to mistakes and those mistakes are happening due to inexperience.

Seriously, I think the Browns are better than quite a few teams who have a win so far this season. The Browns could very well end up with the first overall pick in the draft, but I'd say they're a better than some who finish ahead of them in the standings and they're a better team than their record will indicate.

Anyway, if the Browns do end up with the first overall pick, hopefully they will trade down with a team looking to draft a quarterback. That way they get a second-round pick back plus more. Then I would draft either Jarvis Jones or a WR depending on how Cleveland's WRs develop throughout the season. Jarvis Jones could be the piece that turns Cleveland's defense from being a good defense into a possibly elite one.
bulldog

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
bulldog wrote:

Jones is an awesome 34 player, I just question his fit in a 43 while having the same impact.

I like:

As well.

When I look at Jones, I see a perfect SAM. He's scheme diverse.

I think by using the word "impact" in your statement, your referring to sacks. While, in this sense, if that is what your referring too, he probably would have more of an "impact".

However, I think he play will stand out against the run and in the pass game as well. His football IQ is very apparent on the field. He's never out of place and plays his gap perfectly.
bulldog

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
We're not going to be picking #1 overall so you can kiss those crazy trade down senarios bye bye. We WILL win 6 of our last 11 games.

Its amazing to me that you routinely state your opinion as fact. Blows me away.

I do enjoy your DE lists, though.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

Its amazing to me that you routinely state your opinion as fact. Blows me away.

I do enjoy your DE lists, though.

Excuse me for being positive about the Browns.

You know what blows me away? Those wet blankets that keep saying we are going 0-16.

Jamison on the sig
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
bulldog wrote:

I like:

As well.

When I look at Jones, I see a perfect SAM. He's scheme diverse.

I think by using the word "impact" in your statement, your referring to sacks. While, in this sense, if that is what your referring too, he probably would have more of an "impact".

However, I think he play will stand out against the run and in the pass game as well. His football IQ is very apparent on the field. He's never out of place and plays his gap perfectly.

When I see Jarvis Jones, I see some sort of combination of Terrell Suggs, CMIII, Von Miller and Derrick Thomas.

I have no idea how he fits into our defense, but he fits somewhere.

The kid is an explosive playmaker that opposing teams are constantly having to scheme around. We need a guy like this. There are times where he is literally a one man pass rush.

Not saying there aren't other options for the Browns, but Jones looks like a great one right now.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: