Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

White/Jones OR Nicks/Cruz
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Better Duo
White and Jones
72%
 72%  [ 65 ]
Nicks and Cruz
27%
 27%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 90

RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redsoxsuck05 wrote:
"The big boys play on the outside."

Cruz is a far better big play threat than White, so worthless statement. He gets double coverage just like other great receivers, he makes plenty of catches beyond 20 yards, etc.

That's just not true. Support that statement with any sort of evidence, I dare you. Cruz was almost hardly covered by teams #1s and got a majority of his yards from safeties, linebackers and nickels than he did from starting cornerbacks. I don't feel like digging up the stats but if you google "footballs future victor cruz jordy nelson" you'll find the thread in which I posted Cruz's stats against #1 corners as well as the other defenders.

~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
1,628 yards, 10 TDs, 7 INTs, 82.0 Passer Rating
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
w4rrior723 wrote:
ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:
Roddy White needs to worry more about showing up in the playoffs and less about what other wideouts are doing...

With your logic you have no grounds criticizing anyone, you can't even come within light years of making an NFL practice squad.

Didn't Roddy White lead the league in drops last year by a significant amount?

Didn't you play in the NFL? Nope, so you're not allowed to criticize anyone. Just using your logic bro.

Oh and by the way it's not being cocky if it's true. They are def the best combo in the league. A top 6 receiver and a Top 5 receiver by the end of the season. How many drops he had doesn't change the fact atm he's the best WR of the bunch and by the end of of the year Julio will be the best of the bunch.

And that means absolutely nothing to anyone until they do it in the playoffs. Atlanta's the same team every year. Great regular season, epic fail in the postseason. None of this hype does anything for anyone until they can do it when it matters. As for this comparison? I'll take Nicks and Cruz. Cruz is obviously a big play waiting to happen but Nicks is underrated in that aspect as well. Both guys can burn you in the blink of an eye, and have done just that in clutch time.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArodFanboy wrote:
ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
w4rrior723 wrote:
ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:
Roddy White needs to worry more about showing up in the playoffs and less about what other wideouts are doing...

With your logic you have no grounds criticizing anyone, you can't even come within light years of making an NFL practice squad.

Didn't you play in the NFL? Nope, so you're not allowed to criticize anyone. Just using your logic bro.

Oh and by the way it's not being cocky if it's true. They are def the best combo in the league. A top 6 receiver and a Top 5 receiver by the end of the season. How many drops he had doesn't change the fact atm he's the best WR of the bunch and by the end of of the year Julio will be the best of the bunch.

And that means absolutely nothing to anyone until they do it in the playoffs. Atlanta's the same team every year. Great regular season, epic fail in the postseason. None of this hype does anything for anyone until they can do it when it matters. As for this comparison? I'll take Nicks and Cruz. Cruz is obviously a big play waiting to happen but Nicks is underrated in that aspect as well. Both guys can burn you in the blink of an eye, and have done just that in clutch time.

Oh well since the regular season is worthless and means nothing i guess we should not watch those games. BTW if Aaron Rodgers throws for 500 yards and 5 TDs next game you'll be all on him acting like he's the GOAT when just a couple days ago u said the regular season doesn't matter.

Chalk up another Packers fan STILL mad Ryan took his pro bowl spot one year and bashes ATL whenever he possibly can. Roddy and Julio are clearly better than these 2. 2 Elite #1 recievers vs a #1 reciever and a faster Wes Welker.

I will never again in my entire life time look at regular season stats EVER. They are worthless and playoffs is ALL THAT MATTERS. Andre Johnson is nothing compared to Hakeem Nicks... What has he done in the playoffs? Calvin Johnson? HA Hakeem Nicks>>>>>. PLAYOFFS FOR LIFE MAN ONLY PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS LOL REG SEASON DOESNT MATTER U CAN GO 3-13 AND MAKE THE PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS. You know all the prestiegious records in the NFL? Those are regular season. Yeah you have playoff records but the main ones we focus on are regular season. I guess those should be erased LOL it's the regular season what a joke.
minutemancl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
w4rrior723 wrote:
ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:

Oh well since the regular season is worthless and means nothing i guess we should not watch those games. BTW if Aaron Rodgers throws for 500 yards and 5 TDs next game you'll be all on him acting like he's the GOAT when just a couple days ago u said the regular season doesn't matter.

Chalk up another Packers fan STILL mad Ryan took his pro bowl spot one year and bashes ATL whenever he possibly can. Roddy and Julio are clearly better than these 2. 2 Elite #1 recievers vs a #1 reciever and a faster Wes Welker.

I will never again in my entire life time look at regular season stats EVER. They are worthless and playoffs is ALL THAT MATTERS. Andre Johnson is nothing compared to Hakeem Nicks... What has he done in the playoffs? Calvin Johnson? HA Hakeem Nicks>>>>>. PLAYOFFS FOR LIFE MAN ONLY PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS LOL REG SEASON DOESNT MATTER U CAN GO 3-13 AND MAKE THE PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS. You know all the prestiegious records in the NFL? Those are regular season. Yeah you have playoff records but the main ones we focus on are regular season. I guess those should be erased LOL it's the regular season what a joke.

You're making a fool of yourself dude. But what do I know, I don't play in the NFL.
ATL Jones Bro3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
w4rrior723 wrote:
ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:

You're making a fool of yourself dude. But what do I know, I don't play in the NFL.

How am I making a fool of myself when he said the regular season doesn't matter? He's making a fool of himself. The regular season obviously matters. And yeah Atlanta hasn't won a playoff game so what, thats all anyone ever freaking brings up with them and I'm seriously done with it. Like 100% get the [inappropriate/removed] over it and stop leaning on this stupid argument that is just recycled. Roddy and Julio are the Clear Cut best combo in the league, i don't care if they haven't won a playoff game, THAT DOESNT TAKE AWAY THEIR FREAKING TALENT.

This whole forum is so lazy when it comes to debating Atlanta. The only thing any ever brings up is "Well they've never won a playoff game". That's literally it. The 1 and only. I really could care less if we win a playoff game if it doesnt equate to a superbowl. I'd rather Ryan go 0-10 for his 1st 10 appearances and win a superbowl in his 11th than spread out a few here and their and never win it all. I honestly didn't know the "playoffs" (which is purely a state of mind you're still out there playing football) takes away from anyone's talent. Oh wait this forum is lazy.

inb4 another lazy reply calling me dumb are saying I'm making a fool of myself.
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
minutemancl wrote:
ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
w4rrior723 wrote:
ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:

How am I making a fool of myself when he said the regular season doesn't matter? He's making a fool of himself. The regular season obviously matters. And yeah Atlanta hasn't won a playoff game so what, thats all anyone ever freaking brings up with them and I'm seriously done with it. Like 100% get the [inappropriate/removed] over it and stop leaning on this stupid argument that is just recycled. Roddy and Julio are the Clear Cut best combo in the league, i don't care if they haven't won a playoff game, THAT DOESNT TAKE AWAY THEIR FREAKING TALENT.

This whole forum is so lazy when it comes to debating Atlanta. The only thing any ever brings up is "Well they've never won a playoff game". That's literally it. The 1 and only. I really could care less if we win a playoff game if it doesnt equate to a superbowl. I'd rather Ryan go 0-10 for his 1st 10 appearances and win a superbowl in his 11th than spread out a few here and their and never win it all. I honestly didn't know the "playoffs" (which is purely a state of mind you're still out there playing football) takes away from anyone's talent. Oh wait this forum is lazy.

When did I say the regular season didn't matter? My point implied that the postseason is more important then the regular season, which is pretty obvious. And bitter? LOL. Let Matty Ice have his pro bowl spot. I'll gladly take that playoff thrashing we gave you on the way to our super bowl victory. I think you need to simmer down a little here buddy. I mean do you really care what the general opinion is on Atlanta as long as they are winning and doing it impressively? You have a good team, they just haven't proven they can get it done after December yet. That isn't even debatable right now.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArodFanboy wrote:
ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
minutemancl wrote:
ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
w4rrior723 wrote:
ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:

When did I say the regular season didn't matter? My point implied that the postseason is more important then the regular season, which is pretty obvious. And bitter? LOL. Let Matty Ice have his pro bowl spot. I'll gladly take that playoff thrashing we gave you on the way to our super bowl victory. I think you need to simmer down a little here buddy. I mean do you really care what the general opinion is on Atlanta as long as they are winning and doing it impressively? You have a good team, they just haven't proven they can get it done after December yet. That isn't even debatable right now.

Yeah I care because it's all I hear. You're a spoiled Packers fan who are media darlings and a historic team. The media as well as other people will try to prop. them up as much as they can because they are a symbolic, historic, heavily bandwagoned team with a rich history. All Atlanta has ever done is lose and when they finally get a good squad it's nothing but "Well they/he look nice..... BUT CAN THEY/HE GET IT DONE IN THE PLAYOFS?!?!?!?!?!??" after every single game or every great preformence by someone.

Answer this question to me though and do it honestly without your bias towards Atlanta, would you rather have your team go 0-10 in the playoffs for 10 years and finally break out and win it all or win 1-2 playoffs games every year and never win it all? The whole "Lets win a playoff game" argument is lazy and stupid because no one will ever remember it unless its some godly epic game if they don't win a superbowl. Superbowls are ALL THAT MATTERS AS AN END GOAL. Winning a playoff game doesn't accomplish anything if you just get knocked out right after. Of course the media has brainwashed everyone saying all it takes to be an elite player/team nowadays is a playoff run.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:

This will be a thing... Laughing
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
minutemancl wrote:
ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
w4rrior723 wrote:
ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:

Yeah I care because it's all I hear. You're a spoiled Packers fan who are media darlings and a historic team. The media as well as other people will try to prop. them up as much as they can because they are a symbolic, historic, heavily bandwagoned team with a rich history. All Atlanta has ever done is lose and when they finally get a good squad it's nothing but "Well they/he look nice..... BUT CAN THEY/HE GET IT DONE IN THE PLAYOFS?!?!?!?!?!??" after every single game or every great preformence by someone.

Answer this question to me though and do it honestly without your bias towards Atlanta, would you rather have your team go 0-10 in the playoffs for 10 years and finally break out and win it all or win 1-2 playoffs games every year and never win it all? The whole "Lets win a playoff game" argument is lazy and stupid because no one will ever remember it unless its some godly epic game if they don't win a superbowl. Superbowls are ALL THAT MATTERS AS AN END GOAL. Winning a playoff game doesn't accomplish anything if you just get knocked out right after. Of course the media has brainwashed everyone saying all it takes to be an elite player/team nowadays is a playoff run.

I would gladly take the 10 years of playoff mediocrity followed by the super bowl run. I think anyone would. I know I'm coming off as someone who is a Falcon hater here, but I have alot of family that supports that team so I've always rooted for them when GB wasn't involved. I'm not trying to say they can't get over the hump and finally win the big one, I'm simply stating it remains to be seen. Are the Falcons extremely impressive this season? Yes. They are probably the best team in the NFC right now. The same could be said the year they were the #1 seed and hosting us in the Georgia Dome. I'm not trying to rub that in, I'm just saying this has happened before and we saw how it ended. It sounds to me like you just don't deal with justifiable criticism of your team very well.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how people are mocking me too for using logic you used. "Well this player hasn't done such and such so he can't talk about such and such". Well YOU haven't done anything so why can you criticize them? It's not good logic at all. This forum shouldn't exist if that logic were true. I suggest you stop using it because it's not a good basis for an argument and you are all extremely hypocritical with it.
ATL Jones Bro3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArodFanboy wrote:
ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
minutemancl wrote:
ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
w4rrior723 wrote:
ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:

I would gladly take the 10 years of playoff mediocrity followed by the super bowl run. I think anyone would. I know I'm coming off as someone who is a Falcon hater here, but I have alot of family that supports that team so I've always rooted for them when GB wasn't involved. I'm not trying to say they can't get over the hump and finally win the big one, I'm simply stating it remains to be seen. Are the Falcons extremely impressive this season? Yes. They are probably the best team in the NFC right now. The same could be said the year they were the #1 seed and hosting us in the Georgia Dome. I'm not trying to rub that in, I'm just saying this has happened before and we saw how it ended. It sounds to me like you just don't deal with justifiable criticism of your team very well.

No I can deal with criticism just fine, but that is just so recycled, so overused, so cliche, so bland i just don't wanna hear it anymore. At this point I'm just trying to let people know that playoff wins don't matter unless you win a superbowl. I won't ever look back satisfied on a season that we have a great shot to win it all and we just win 1 playoff game and get knocked out. Will always be a failure, not even close to a success.

EDIT: Oh and look at the irony. A White/Jones vs. Nicks/Cruz thread turns to an "Atlanta has no playoff success" thread. It's literally all anyone can talk about when Atlanta comes up.

Last edited by ATL Jones Bro3 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
I love how people are mocking me too for using logic you used. "Well this player hasn't done such and such so he can't talk about such and such". Well YOU haven't done anything so why can you criticize them? It's not good logic at all. This forum shouldn't exist if that logic were true. I suggest you stop using it because it's not a good basis for an argument and you are all extremely hypocritical with it.

EliteTexan80 wrote:
...that's nice, sweetie.

ATL Jones Bro3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:

EliteTexan80 wrote:
...that's nice, sweetie.

Wow post of the year. The mods here are top notch. Keep throwing out your smart comments because you can't actually reply and tell me why what I'm saying is wrong when I'm not even the one to use the stupid logic to start with.
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely White and Jones.

I hate the Jaguars
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most ridiculous comment in this thread was some Giants homer saying he'd take 20, count em, 20! receivers over Roddy White. LOL! Roddy White is overrated when it comes to the media and general public in the sense he has amazing bulk stats, but underrated on here by people who think his high volume targets and drops make him only above average. Roddy White is a top 10 receiver right now, look at his numbers. I don't care if his stats are not efficient, putting up 1,000 yard seasons consistently is amazing for a WR and efficiency matters little at the WR position, at least compared to say a quarterback. These two duos are neck and neck, and I don't think you can really prove any better than the other. I go with Atlanta because of the fact I'd take the receivers in this order
Jones
Nicks
White
Cruz

~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
1,628 yards, 10 TDs, 7 INTs, 82.0 Passer Rating

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: