Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

White/Jones OR Nicks/Cruz
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Better Duo
White and Jones
72%
 72%  [ 65 ]
Nicks and Cruz
27%
 27%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 90

titwio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Besides Hakeem is breaking down right before our very own eyes.

His foot is a recent injury from this off season but he just came off a 200 yard game while playing hurt. I don't see how that's a WR who's breaking down.

The injury isn't even that serious.
Gmen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had to rank them...

Julio Jones
Hakeem Nicks
Victor Cruz
Roddy White

Jones is going to be a top 5 in receiver in the league for a while, so I'd lean towards taking the Falcons. But it has everything to do with Jones, and nothing to do with Roddy White. I'd take a good 20 receivers over him.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
If I had to rank them...

Julio Jones
Hakeem Nicks
Victor Cruz
Roddy White

Jones is going to be a top 5 in receiver in the league for a while, so I'd lean towards taking the Falcons. But it has everything to do with Jones, and nothing to do with Roddy White. I'd take a good 20 receivers over him.

HUH

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
ATL Jones Bro3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
If I had to rank them...

Julio Jones
Hakeem Nicks
Victor Cruz
Roddy White

Like I said, Roddy White is EASILY the most underrated WR in all of football lmao. Terrible post. You literary just said that because Roddy isn't flashy. You've seen him play 1 game in your life aka the playoff game.
tom cody

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Close but Nicks and Cruz
reckless123

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, i'll go with the homer call. I'll take nicks over any of them though with julio jones neck and neck with him.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Xfaxtor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roddy White needs to worry more about showing up in the playoffs and less about what other wideouts are doing...

^Joe_is_the_best
ATL Jones Bro3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfaxtor wrote:
Roddy White needs to worry more about showing up in the playoffs and less about what other wideouts are doing...

With your logic you have no grounds criticizing anyone, you can't even come within light years of making an NFL practice squad.
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:

With your logic you have no grounds criticizing anyone, you can't even come within light years of making an NFL practice squad.

Didn't Roddy White lead the league in drops last year by a significant amount?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w4rrior723 wrote:
ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:

Didn't you play in the NFL? Nope, so you're not allowed to criticize anyone. Just using your logic bro.

Oh and by the way it's not being cocky if it's true. They are def the best combo in the league. A top 6 receiver and a Top 5 receiver by the end of the season. How many drops he had doesn't change the fact atm he's the best WR of the bunch and by the end of of the year Julio will be the best of the bunch.
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
w4rrior723 wrote:
ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:

Didn't you play in the NFL? Nope, so you're not allowed to criticize anyone. Just using your logic bro.

Oh and by the way it's not being cocky if it's true. They are def the best combo in the league. A top 6 receiver and a Top 5 receiver by the end of the season. How many drops he had doesn't change the fact atm he's the best WR of the bunch and by the end of of the year Julio will be the best of the bunch.

Wait, what does my skill level have to do with a comparison between these two sets of receivers? I'm pretty sure Roddy white had 15+ drops last year. For a #1 receiver that is a huge turn-off and extremely concerning. I don't see how you can say the reliability of a WR's hands has nothing to do with how good they are. Btw, I'm not trying to discredit White. I think he's a great player and I have him somewhere between 8 and 11. Also, you could say the same thing about Nicks not being "flashy". He's one of the most humble and respectful players in the NFL. He doesn't talk any trash or showboat. He'll do a touchdown dance here and there but he just let's his play speak for itself. I think these two dou's are extremely close. I think Nicks is a little better than White and Jones is a little better than Cruz.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id rather have atlantas duo
crownroyal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roddy and julio easily. Roddy is still a top 8 receiver and julio top 10.

And the thing about drops. T.O. dropped a lot. Was he not a top wr?

You can pay for school but you can't buy class
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crownroyal wrote:
Roddy and julio easily. Roddy is still a top 8 receiver and julio top 10.

And the thing about drops. T.O. dropped a lot. Was he not a top wr?

T.O. is the exception because in his prime he had a unique combination of power and speed that made him a threat to score every time he touched the ball. Think about RB's. Do you care that Adrian Peterson fumbles a lot? No, because he's a straight up beast and can take it to the house at any given moment. But if a guy like Curtis Martin was coughing it up 5-10 times a year that would be a major problem. As ATL Jones Bro3 mentioned before, White isn't the fastest or strongest guy.. so he has to make his living doing all of the little things right. Running routes, blocking, catching passes. In other words, White is more of a possession receiver, and if a possession receiver doesn't have sure hands, that's an issue. That's why I would personally take Nicks over White. I know white has had success in this league for a longer period of time.. but Nicks is not only a better play-maker, but he's more consistent and reliable. Cruz and Jones are kind of in the same boat right now. Big play-makers who can drop the ball here and there. As I said before, I think Jones is slightly better.. but I would personally prefer Cruz (surprise, surprise Razz) because to me he is more versatile. He can play all 3 positions and he runs more refined routes. I can't really argue against taking Jones, though. His size and athleticism makes him a nightmare to defend.

Last edited by w4rrior723 on Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

White Jones easy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: