Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

White/Jones OR Nicks/Cruz
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Better Duo
White and Jones
72%
 72%  [ 65 ]
Nicks and Cruz
27%
 27%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 90

Author Message
titwio


Joined: 09 Jan 2011
Posts: 6256
Location: Bronx NY *Sio Moore mofo's
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Besides Hakeem is breaking down right before our very own eyes.


His foot is a recent injury from this off season but he just came off a 200 yard game while playing hurt. I don't see how that's a WR who's breaking down.

The injury isn't even that serious.
_________________
44 and 21 Once a Giant, always a Giant
bRONX bRIXX
2013 Welcome's you to the "David Wilson Show".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gmen


Joined: 20 Jul 2007
Posts: 15660
Location: Myyyyy precioussss
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had to rank them...

Julio Jones
Hakeem Nicks
Victor Cruz
Roddy White

Jones is going to be a top 5 in receiver in the league for a while, so I'd lean towards taking the Falcons. But it has everything to do with Jones, and nothing to do with Roddy White. I'd take a good 20 receivers over him.
_________________


"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 20104
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
If I had to rank them...

Julio Jones
Hakeem Nicks
Victor Cruz
Roddy White

Jones is going to be a top 5 in receiver in the league for a while, so I'd lean towards taking the Falcons. But it has everything to do with Jones, and nothing to do with Roddy White. I'd take a good 20 receivers over him.


HUH
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ATL Jones Bro3


Joined: 06 Dec 2010
Posts: 335
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
If I had to rank them...

Julio Jones
Hakeem Nicks
Victor Cruz
Roddy White

Jones is going to be a top 5 in receiver in the league for a while, so I'd lean towards taking the Falcons. But it has everything to do with Jones, and nothing to do with Roddy White. I'd take a good 20 receivers over him.


Like I said, Roddy White is EASILY the most underrated WR in all of football lmao. Terrible post. You literary just said that because Roddy isn't flashy. You've seen him play 1 game in your life aka the playoff game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tom cody


Joined: 01 Sep 2007
Posts: 8423
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Close but Nicks and Cruz
_________________
That's Latin dad-- the language of Plutarche.
Mickey Mouse's dog?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
reckless123


Joined: 02 Jun 2011
Posts: 11505
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, i'll go with the homer call. I'll take nicks over any of them though with julio jones neck and neck with him.
_________________


"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xfaxtor


Joined: 14 Jan 2008
Posts: 13575
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roddy White needs to worry more about showing up in the playoffs and less about what other wideouts are doing...
_________________


^Joe_is_the_best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ATL Jones Bro3


Joined: 06 Dec 2010
Posts: 335
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfaxtor wrote:
Roddy White needs to worry more about showing up in the playoffs and less about what other wideouts are doing...


With your logic you have no grounds criticizing anyone, you can't even come within light years of making an NFL practice squad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
w4rrior723


Joined: 27 Dec 2006
Posts: 5042
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:
Roddy White needs to worry more about showing up in the playoffs and less about what other wideouts are doing...


With your logic you have no grounds criticizing anyone, you can't even come within light years of making an NFL practice squad.


Didn't Roddy White lead the league in drops last year by a significant amount?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ATL Jones Bro3


Joined: 06 Dec 2010
Posts: 335
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w4rrior723 wrote:
ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:
Roddy White needs to worry more about showing up in the playoffs and less about what other wideouts are doing...


With your logic you have no grounds criticizing anyone, you can't even come within light years of making an NFL practice squad.


Didn't Roddy White lead the league in drops last year by a significant amount?


Didn't you play in the NFL? Nope, so you're not allowed to criticize anyone. Just using your logic bro.

Oh and by the way it's not being cocky if it's true. They are def the best combo in the league. A top 6 receiver and a Top 5 receiver by the end of the season. How many drops he had doesn't change the fact atm he's the best WR of the bunch and by the end of of the year Julio will be the best of the bunch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
w4rrior723


Joined: 27 Dec 2006
Posts: 5042
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
w4rrior723 wrote:
ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:
Roddy White needs to worry more about showing up in the playoffs and less about what other wideouts are doing...


With your logic you have no grounds criticizing anyone, you can't even come within light years of making an NFL practice squad.


Didn't Roddy White lead the league in drops last year by a significant amount?


Didn't you play in the NFL? Nope, so you're not allowed to criticize anyone. Just using your logic bro.

Oh and by the way it's not being cocky if it's true. They are def the best combo in the league. A top 6 receiver and a Top 5 receiver by the end of the season. How many drops he had doesn't change the fact atm he's the best WR of the bunch and by the end of of the year Julio will be the best of the bunch.


Wait, what does my skill level have to do with a comparison between these two sets of receivers? I'm pretty sure Roddy white had 15+ drops last year. For a #1 receiver that is a huge turn-off and extremely concerning. I don't see how you can say the reliability of a WR's hands has nothing to do with how good they are. Btw, I'm not trying to discredit White. I think he's a great player and I have him somewhere between 8 and 11. Also, you could say the same thing about Nicks not being "flashy". He's one of the most humble and respectful players in the NFL. He doesn't talk any trash or showboat. He'll do a touchdown dance here and there but he just let's his play speak for itself. I think these two dou's are extremely close. I think Nicks is a little better than White and Jones is a little better than Cruz.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Titans_31


Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Posts: 246
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id rather have atlantas duo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
crownroyal


Joined: 26 Sep 2010
Posts: 527
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roddy and julio easily. Roddy is still a top 8 receiver and julio top 10.

And the thing about drops. T.O. dropped a lot. Was he not a top wr?
_________________


You can pay for school but you can't buy class
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
w4rrior723


Joined: 27 Dec 2006
Posts: 5042
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crownroyal wrote:
Roddy and julio easily. Roddy is still a top 8 receiver and julio top 10.

And the thing about drops. T.O. dropped a lot. Was he not a top wr?


T.O. is the exception because in his prime he had a unique combination of power and speed that made him a threat to score every time he touched the ball. Think about RB's. Do you care that Adrian Peterson fumbles a lot? No, because he's a straight up beast and can take it to the house at any given moment. But if a guy like Curtis Martin was coughing it up 5-10 times a year that would be a major problem. As ATL Jones Bro3 mentioned before, White isn't the fastest or strongest guy.. so he has to make his living doing all of the little things right. Running routes, blocking, catching passes. In other words, White is more of a possession receiver, and if a possession receiver doesn't have sure hands, that's an issue. That's why I would personally take Nicks over White. I know white has had success in this league for a longer period of time.. but Nicks is not only a better play-maker, but he's more consistent and reliable. Cruz and Jones are kind of in the same boat right now. Big play-makers who can drop the ball here and there. As I said before, I think Jones is slightly better.. but I would personally prefer Cruz (surprise, surprise Razz) because to me he is more versatile. He can play all 3 positions and he runs more refined routes. I can't really argue against taking Jones, though. His size and athleticism makes him a nightmare to defend.
_________________


Last edited by w4rrior723 on Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hammertime52


Joined: 15 Jan 2012
Posts: 9737
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

White Jones easy
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group