Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

White/Jones OR Nicks/Cruz
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Better Duo
White and Jones
72%
 72%  [ 65 ]
Nicks and Cruz
27%
 27%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 90

titwio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: White/Jones OR Nicks/Cruz Reply with quote

During last nights game (Browns vs. Ravens)Michael Irvin interviewed Roddy White and Julio Jones. Irvin was asking about who was the best WR duo in the league. Irvin says Dez Bryant and Miles Austin? Roddy White laughs for a few seconds and asks Irvin if he's serious. Irvin then says Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz? Roddy White says, Well Victor, see he's a slot receiver. The big boys play on the outside. (paraphrased, not exact quote from BBinteractive)

What are your thoughts on this?

Last edited by titwio on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Ketchup

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think White should keep his mouth shut. He's always been a guy that benifited from a massive amount of targets. On cant touch the "slot WR" on a per play basis. As much as I love Jones, it's Nicks and Cruz here.

Kempes on the custom sig!
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's funny as hell.

This is a tough question though for sure.

I honestly don't know who i'd go with here.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me Cruz/Nicks here..
redsoxsuck05

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The big boys play on the outside."

Cruz is a far better big play threat than White, so worthless statement. He gets double coverage just like other great receivers, he makes plenty of catches beyond 20 yards, etc.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cruz is the sloppiest WR I saw play last year. He would stumble and luck in some TD's.

Love the Salsa dance.. Give me Roddy and Julio..

Gives you the intermediate, dunk and deep threat.

Besides Hakeeem is breaking down right before our very own eyes.

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
ATL Jones Bro3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm already expecting Roddy to be underrated because people don't realize how good he actually is just because he's not flashy.

You literally can't find another player in the NFL who has been as consistent as Roddy when it comes to big time WR stats. It's not possible.
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

White/Jones, as I feel that each of them would also be an elite receiver individually.

Nicks is one of my favorite WRs in the game today. Cruz is also a great player, but I feel that he owes at least some of his success to playing opposite Nicks.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
I'm already expecting Roddy to be underrated because people don't realize how good he actually is just because he's not flashy.

You literally can't find another player in the NFL who has been as consistent as Roddy when it comes to big time WR stats. It's not possible.

Larry Fitz is an easy one.

Just off the top of my head.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
redsoxsuck05

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Cruz is the sloppiest WR I saw play last year. He would stumble and luck in some TD's.

Love the Salsa dance.. Give me Roddy and Julio..

Gives you the intermediate, dunk and deep threat.

Besides Hakeeem is breaking down right before our very own eyes.

Please...Cruz is more than just a five yard catch with lucky breakaway and lucky bounces. When was the last time Roddy White had a catch of 50 yards? Cruz already beat Ronde Barber for an 80 yard bomb this year. The Panthers gameplan revolved around stopping the deep threat and Nicks didn't even play. Wonder why that was?

Belichick told his players in the Super Bowl to give all the attention to Nicks AND Cruz. Please just get informed, people.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:

Larry Fitz is an easy one.

Just off the top of my head.

Lol wow your right i can't believe I forgot about him. I remember during the offseason i was comparing Roddy's past 5 years to other elite WR's and i guess i forgot Fitz somehow Laughing
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a tough one. Cruz and Julio are both match up nightmares with iffy hands at times. Nicks I like bit more than White, but I think White is starting to get under-rated on this board.

I'll take Cruz/Nicks by a little atm. Julio keeps developing and I'll take White/Julio...
ATL Jones Bro3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
This is a tough one. Cruz and Julio are both match up nightmares with iffy hands at times. Nicks I like bit more than White, but I think White is starting to get under-rated on this board.

I'll take Cruz/Nicks by a little atm. Julio keeps developing and I'll take White/Julio...

You saying Nicks is better than White is basically verifying how underrated Roddy White is. Like honestly, he's underrated because he's not some Flashy physical specimen and uses good route running and football IQ to do well. Nick has a year of 1000 yards and 11 TDs 79 rec and 1200 yards a 7 TDs 76 rec. Roddy the past 2 years: 1400 yards, 10 TDs, 115 rec and 1300 yards, 8 TDs, 100 rec. Then you look back at his previous 3 years he's got similar numbers.

Nicks hasn't done anything to prove he's better than White. Athleticism doesn't equate to being better.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

You saying Nicks is better than White is basically verifying how underrated Roddy White is. Like honestly, he's underrated because he's not some Flashy physical specimen and uses good route running and football IQ to do well. Nick has a year of 1000 yards and 11 TDs 79 rec and 1200 yards a 7 TDs 76 rec. Roddy the past 2 years: 1400 yards, 10 TDs, 115 rec and 1300 yards, 8 TDs, 100 rec. Then you look back at his previous 3 years he's got similar numbers.

Nicks hasn't done anything to prove he's better than White. Athleticism doesn't equate to being better.

I agree that White is under-rated, but I'm going off of what I've seen lately from Nicks, including what he did the playoffs last season. He's finally living up to his potential. I'm fine with you thinking White is better, I think it's really close. Love both receivers...
E-Man

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sloppy? luck?

how does Cruz luck into that many long TDs?

maybe because he has the luckiest QB ever throwing to him?

Julio and Roddy sure looked like beasts last year in the big bagel they put up against us in the playoffs...their defense scored 2 more points than their offense did....and Roddy is at that age where things start to go downward...just saying.

it all boils down to protection and QB play. Right now, Matty Melted Ice is playing pretty well, but Eli is Eli.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: