Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DeCastro walking without a limp five weeks after knee inury

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stefan52268

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: DeCastro walking without a limp five weeks after knee inury Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/30/decastro-walking-without-a-limp-five-weeks-after-severe-knee-injury/

Quote:
Five weeks removed from the injury, DeCastro was walking briskly without a limp as he and Luck left the stadium. Though itís hardly evidence that heíll be ready to go any time soon, with DeCastro able to return to play eight weeks after placement on IR (which happened nearly four weeks ago), heís looking in street clothes like a guy who was never even injured.

Not sure if this needs it's own thread but from the sound of it he is healing well.

Hopefully he can be back soon to help the weak running game.

I don't want him to rush back too soon but it would be nice if him suit up and play.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was his exact injury? Torn MCL, dislocated kneecap, partially torn ACL? Whatever it was, that's a great sign for the Steelers.
3rivers

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhackyPlague wrote:
What was his exact injury? Torn MCL, dislocated kneecap, partially torn ACL? Whatever it was, that's a great sign for the Steelers.

I never got the official report, but I thought it was dislocated knee cap, torn MCL, but not sure of the meniscus or ACL.

Anyone know of a player in recent time with a similar injury and how long it took to heal? I always thought injuries like this were year long healing process, but appears not.
stillersenat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I gathered around the web when the injury happened the dislocated knee cap sounds worse than it really is.

But let's keep in mind that walking around without a limp and playing on the field are two different things.

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good sign, but until we hear that he's running around on it without pain, he's not nearly ready.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news. Getting DeCastro back next year will be like getting another 1st round draft pick! I'll look forward to his return. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
LTF

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Good news. Getting DeCastro back next year will be like getting another 1st round draft pick! I'll look forward to his return. Cool

He'll be back week 10. Ravens game at the latest. Cool
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LTF wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

id love to,see it, but I don't believe it will happen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
3rivers

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
LTF wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

These comments make no sense. The guy had a major knee injury and people are thinking of him returning. Let the healing process take the right amount of time, and too bad if we don't like who is playing his position now, we have to deal with depth chart .

Once he can take contact and run, cut etc, then maybe talk of him returning. If he can return before the end of the season and play like he did in college, we would welcome that, but lets be realistic Idea
LTF

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most people were saying Mendenhall was a lock for the PUP list to start this season too. Said he wouldn't be the same guy this year and he'd probably split time with Redman this year. How does that look now? If anything he looked MORE explosive this past week than pre-injury. :lol

There's a reason DeCastro was placed on the 8 week IR and not shut down for the season (and it's not out of blind hope): he'll be back and helping us win games this season.

He's pain free and the Steelers have been impressed with his rehab and classroom work.

Call me an optimist, but he'll be back sooner rather than later IMO.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
LTF wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

These comments make no sense. The guy had a major knee injury and people are thinking of him returning. Let the healing process take the right amount of time, and too bad if we don't like who is playing his position now, we have to deal with depth chart .

Once he can take contact and run, cut etc, then maybe talk of him returning. If he can return before the end of the season and play like he did in college, we would welcome that, but lets be realistic Idea

I get what your saying but let's not act like it's a ridiculous idea. The Steelers have all along been hopeful he could return this year.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
3rivers wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
LTF wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I get what your saying but let's not act like it's a ridiculous idea. The Steelers have all along been hopeful he could return this year.

I don't understand how the steelers could be so hopeful , how would they have an idea of time frame for return from this exact injury? Has this injury happened in the past? The patella was the area of concern, but if it works out and gets a better player on the field I am all for it. The main concern is him re-injuring the knee and that would be really bad .
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LTF wrote:
Most people were saying Mendenhall was a lock for the PUP list to start this season too. Said he wouldn't be the same guy this year and he'd probably split time with Redman this year. How does that look now? If anything he looked MORE explosive this past week than pre-injury. :lol

There's a reason DeCastro was placed on the 8 week IR and not shut down for the season (and it's not out of blind hope): he'll be back and helping us win games this season.

He's pain free and the Steelers have been impressed with his rehab and classroom work.

Call me an optimist, but he'll be back sooner rather than later IMO.
correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Mendenhall inactive for the first 4 weeks of the season?

So while yeah, he wasn't pup'd, he did miss the first month of the season before they thought the knee was near 100% and he could play an entire game on it.

I think they should be extra careful. They need Decastro to be the next Faneca. They don't need to rush him back this season, they need to make sure he's 100% and the knee won't give him problems in the future. Hopefully, Decastro plays a decade in black and gold. That knee needs to stay healthy to ensure that can happen.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: