Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top 5 Up / Down
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
at23steelers

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Top 5 Up / Down Reply with quote

1. Ryan Clark: Physical, best I've ever seen him.

2. Timmons: Instinctive, caught an INT, playing tremendous

3. Heath Miller: Mr. Dependable and is getting some catches

4. Redman: Great balance, and made some crucial runs / catches

5. Sushi: Making some clutch kicks, and hitting farther than I've seen him make them.

1. Ike Taylor: played horrible and had a major off game

2. Gilbert: Injured others and himself

3. Mundy: He can never play well. Will Allen played more serviceable.

4. Injuries: Hard to overcome so many injuries, but our team fought hard.

5. All the Steelers fans / Titans who kept saying this would be a blowout.
kwabalicious

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone else against Tomlin's call to kick a FG? The odds of Suisham making that are probably about 1 in 10. We could have punted and pinned them inside the 20 with less than a minute, or we could have gone for it. If we didn't convert, the field position would be worse than it was after the FG, and if we did convert, which Ben has a knack for doing, we would have had a much more manageable FG.
lionslicer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwabalicious wrote:
Is anyone else against Tomlin's call to kick a FG? The odds of Suisham making that are probably about 1 in 10. We could have punted and pinned them inside the 20 with less than a minute, or we could have gone for it. If we didn't convert, the field position would be worse than it was after the FG, and if we did convert, which Ben has a knack for doing, we would have had a much more manageable FG.

His kick from 52 had room to spare, he could have made it from 55+, which is probably what gave Tomlin more reasoning to kick it.

I would have punted it, but that's why I'm not a head coach. The defense sucks, and maybe he was scared it would be blocked. And the way the Titans were moving the ball with 3 timeouts, they would have certainly gotten into field goal range.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwabalicious wrote:

I was fine with it. If it were not for the Cook catch on 3rd down, which should have been covered by someone besides Harrison, we wouldn't be debating this.
Dcash4

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly Im just upset that we did it again right now so i only have Downs.

1) Ike

2) Injuries

3) Decision to kick the field goal at the end. There is no justifying that to me. Suisham was 4-11 career from 50+. He isnt known for his leg strength. They only needed about 30 yards with a miss. They ate up chunks of yards all night (see: Ike Taylor). At least make them work for it a little more with 48 seconds and 2 timeouts.

4 and 5) Repeat 1 and 2

As far as the kick. I understand the thinking. He is perfect on the year. He nailed the 52 yarder. But that's not his MO. Play the odds there. The odds of him missing are high, and the odds of them going 30ish yards with 2 timeouts and 48 seconds against a beat up defense is high. Punt it away and make them work just a little harder.
Dook

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB Keenan Lewis played well. I saw two pass breakups and one tackle for a loss.

I don't like the new offense with mostly short passes. The Titans were jumping the plays at the end of the game and other teams will surely key on it as the season goes. I know we need a more dominant OL but then having a dominant OL helps everything, the long passes and the run game.

Ben seems to trust Antonio Brown a whole lot more than Wallace and Sanders.

WR Sanders needs to step it up if he wants a new contract, a three reception per game career average is not worth anything more than league minimum but I will say this, 2 of his receptions today were big.

Ryan Clark is underrated by most Steeler fans.

As much as Polamalu is injured we absolutely have to find an upgrade for Mundy.

Legursky did well but only because the Titans defensive line is not the Ravens DL.

Harrison can't drop into coverage anymore.

I know people are going to play up Worilds, I just don't see it. Yeah, he got a sack but half of the credit should go to Keisel.

Adams looked horrible in preseason but he seems to have matured. I think he will be fine as a backup this season and should get a chance to start somewhere next season.
GreasyApples

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up

1. Ben. Aside from a couple of throws, #7 almost bailed out the defense yet again.

2. Suisham. I can't fault him for missing that. Dude has been solid all year

3. Redman. Up until the injury dude was fighting for every yard.

4. Timmons has been looking great, here's to hoping he keeps it up

5. Heath. So effective moving the chains.

Down

1. Marcus Gilbert. I am convinced this man has no heart. Just hearing Mike Mayock say that he COULD'VE come back in the game but didn't makes me hate him. Guys like Foster and Legursky had to fight their way into getting a roster spot, yet, in a primetime game, this guy can't afford to get back on the field after getting knicked. On top of that he caused another injury prone lineman to get hurt as well. F$%& him.

2. Defense. Running lanes were wide open for the Titans all night. Matt did his thing with the little arm strength that he has. Receivers were wide open for him as well. LeBeau takes the L tonight.

3. That punt block was absolutely upsetting to watch.

4. We should've started looking for life after Polamalu years ago...the fact that his impact is so huge on the defense/playcalling is terrifying...especially since we don't have anyone on the roster ready to inherit his spot when his time comes to hang up the cleats. Injuries as a whole just pissed me off tonight.

5. Close game when it shouldn't have been...this is the classic trap game that we get sucked into losing when Troy doesn't play.

Props to mike23md!
3rivers

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UP (?)

1. Timmons looks decent now
2. Clark
3. Heath (what a catch)
4. Cortez allen - maybe bench taylor (maybe he will get hurt next) and give allen a try.
5. mcclendon when he was in, from what I remembered he played well. He should get more playing time

Down

1. taylor , his penalties and getting beat. This guy has lost a step and should have been called for a few other penalties .
2. missed penalties. This team might be the most penalized , but the officials are lenient with this team. They could have had taylor for a few more IMO. Something needs to be done about this. Colon never had one that I recall, but taylor made up the difference. Maybe if the officials called all of them, the coaches would have a sit down with the players and seriously address this problem. Now it is still at an acceptable level and doesn't seem to be addressed.
3. D had minimal pressure
4. with all the weapons on the O and such a weak titans D, we still lost
5. batch not following Adams block, losing a few yards which put sushi just out of the range for the game winner. Too bad that happened, because Batch looks like a good player that just needs more playing time.

I am not blaming the kicker since he missed, this team lost this game. Injuries are a part of the game, and this team can't stay healthy ever anyways. One additional down is why only 7 OL dressed? They better dress 8 for now on.
BenMadeOfSteel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up

1- Keenan Lewis;
2- Ben;
3- the WR Redman, not the RB Redman;
4- AB;
5- Ryan Clark. We see people overrating him and underrating him, and that's pretty funny. But this season he has played very good football and I would even say that he has been our best defensive player;
6- Timmons.

Down

- Defense
- Going for that field goal. But I can see what Tomlin did. Whatever he had done, there would be someone criticizing him;
- Our defense giving up another big drive at the fourth quarter
- Losing
- Injuries. This is unbelievable quite honestly: Pouncey, Gilbert, Redman, Mendenhall, even Clark was down at the end of the fourth quarter, but I think he' ok now. And all these injuries on a Thursday Night Football. Last year was Ben who got injured on a Thursday Night Football. That's a curse.
- Ike Taylor. No need to comment this embarassing performance.
Shocked
waffles7

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ups

1.) Ben/Heath Duo- Minus the pick he had another great game i thought these 2 were the only ones who looks like they cared at all.

2.) Timmons had another solid week I thought. Cant break the game down like some on here but made a few nice plays.

3.) Im the toughest Worilds critic on here but he had a decent game I thought. Not great and still very underwhelming but his best game as a pro

4.) Wallace's TD.....

5.) Idk Im getting desperate. Im disgusted with our team right now!

DOWNS

1.) Keenan Lewis!!!! You hold on to the ball we win the game

2.) Ike Taylor- He's always been solid. Not great, not average either but this year he looks worse than Willie Gay ever did. Gets beat every play down field it seems like.

3.) Legursky, Colon, Foster all sucked a big one tonight. Our RBs had nowhere to run....get um 3Rivers (Sarcasim) Please DONT!

4.) Hampton is a non factor out there I thought. Definitely done. We got run over to mch tonight.

5.) Injuries- Redman is going on IR trust me, Mendy going out sucks, Troy not being out their tonight killed us especially over the middle of the field, Woodley's presenses would of been greatly appreciated in the run game, Pouncey is light years better than Legursky (who I hate), and lastly Gilber is a baby. Hes above average I think when hes out there, better than Colon was but hes only out there 2-3 series a game though. If he was half as good at playing tackle as he was spectating we'd have a hell of a football player fellas!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

up- the league season 4 premiere

down- the abortion of a game i watched tonight

Yeast infection.
Eaglehoc

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject: top 5 Reply with quote

Reality check-- at this point in time we are not a playoff team.

Up:
1. I have to give credit to Batch for filling in and doing what he could.
2. Clark had a solid game.
3. Timmons had a solid game although I would like him to run thru the halfback blocking for the qb.
4. Heath continues to be under rated but I think he is a top 5 TE
5. I also think that Rainey is headed in the right direction.

Down:
1. Gilbert- He has done more damage to our Oline by hurting his own teammates than any other team has done. Plus he wimps out.
2. Taylor and the rest except for Clark. Really pathetic pass coverage. And there is no way at the end of the game that Harrison should be in pass coverage instead of blitzing.
3. Mundy again in missing the block on the punt. " C'Mon Man!"
4. The Dline is not putting enough pressure on the qb. Too many times they are being blocked one on one. More like a dance contest than football.
5. Ben- even though he made some big plays and had 363 yards, he missed some wide open players that could have changed the outcome of the game.

We now will have to win both games against all 3 teams in our division to have a chance, a chance, a chance, to make the playoffs. I say this because the 2 of the other teams are not losing to the out of conference out of division teams.[/i][/b]
stillersenat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we are supposed to still believe we can make the playoffs, and we still can. But look at the team now. We were one and done last year. What do you think we would do now with the state of the team as it is?

Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth but the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might sound blasphemous, but part of me actually semi hopes we keep losing.

WHY?

Because in winning seasons, more often than not, underperformers are usually given more leeway. When a team is losing, there is always more accountability team-wide.

On top of that, it would be nice to be in position for a more high impact defensive player. Id be thrilled if we could get in position for one of the top safeties....and at this point, Id take any safety we could get....whether its a SS or FS. Clark has been great this year but turns 33 today. Troy is pretty much done IMO, at least in terms of being a full season player.

The front 7 looks like they are moving in slow motion. Keisel clearly lost a step. Snack doesnt even look like he belongs out there anymore. Its time to put the new blood in. There will be issues but at least they have room to grow. McClendon and Heyward can get better....Hampton and Keisel are only going downhill.

You could point out issues on both sides, but the biggest problems right now are clearly on defense.

Literally every position could use an upgrade.

And after watching Ike last night, Im not opposed to drafting a CB early if needed. I like Allen as a future starter and Keenan Lewis isnt terrible, but neither are ball hawks and thats what this defense lacks.
Leader O'Cola

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
I know we are supposed to still believe we can make the playoffs, and we still can. But look at the team now. We were one and done last year. What do you think we would do now with the state of the team as it is?
Shocked

the playoff window is shut on this team for 3-4 years unless they break M.O. and start playing in the FA market

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: