Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Weeden Comparison
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
Ether wrote:
DawgX wrote:

I just don't see how they're that similar. Besides the strong arm and gun-slinging attitude, how are they similar?

Lack of mobility and body type. I mean there's quite a few major similarities.

yes they have a lot oh physical features that are the same but that is where it ends. compare their college stats and you see DA Weeden are night and day different. Weedens College Career passer rating flirts around 70% where DAs flirts around 50%. DA was always known as a questionable decision making QB, Weeden not so much.

Beat me too it......this was exactly the point I was going to make....If I hadnt read this whole thread, I would have had a duplciate post right under you Laughing

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
MalcolmBrown

Location: 2014 Adopt a Brownie: Jim Dray: 10 Receptions, 144 Yards (14.4 ypc), 1 TD, 8 FD
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
H2ThaIzzo wrote:
brownie man wrote:
The only thing that really has me worried about Weeden is his pocket presence. That is what separates the ok QBs from the Greats. This has gone back to OSU if he cant fix being somewhat comfortable when stressed and still throwing strikes he is not going to be a championship quarterback.

I was actually pretty impressed with how he handled the pressure last week. I saw him step up into the pocket, away from pressure and make some nice throws.

Yeah, that's something I think Weeden has improved at from week one until now.

I know a lot of ppl see different elements in his game that resemble some better QBs. I think he needs to watch some film on Roethlisberger. As much as I hate him and everything he stands for, BB makes moves that give himself so much more time. He sometimes adjusts the pocket all by himself, and that awareness is what makes him so hard to beat. Right now with our O-Line as suspect, and Weeden's growing confidence, I think he needs to stretch that part of his game, so he knows where to find space, get there quickly, and go through his reads again, or tuck it and get some easy run yardage.

Athens, Ohio AKA South Cleveland
pmk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I see Carson Palmer. Its really just a question of whether he develops into pre or post knee destruction Carson. Hopefully the former.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
Ether wrote:
DawgX wrote:

I just don't see how they're that similar. Besides the strong arm and gun-slinging attitude, how are they similar?

Lack of mobility and body type. I mean there's quite a few major similarities.

Sure, but you could say he has a lot of similarities to Joe Flacco too.

I was actually leaning towards that too

That is my hope....

I know I said that here somewhere? huh, oh well..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: