Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Weeden Comparison
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Weeden Comparison Reply with quote

I'm not trying to compare the dude to Peyton Manning because he will not be Peyton Manning... but this is just a point of reference showing how the Hall of Famer performed very similarly to Weeden in his first 4 games.

Peyton Manning -

0-4 start

81/146 -- 55.4% -- 992 yards -- 3 TD -- 11 Picks -- 11 sacked

Brandon Weeden -

0-4 start

90/167 -- 53.9% -- 997 yards -- 3 TD -- 7 Picks -- 9 sacked

I just thought this was interesting. I'm sure there is a bust out there with the same type of stats but it just goes to show, its all about how you grow after the mistakes and I think Weeden has improved every game he's played in.

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
bulldog

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made this comparison after week one and got bashd for it.

He's getting better.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he is. I just the WR drops were too. Embarassed

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
buno67

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he is a rookie QB, he is going to have his growing pains on the football field. Yes i know he is 29years old and what but on the field he is a first year QB.

the great thing about him being a 29year old he has experience being a pro athlete that he knows how to handle himself off the field or when he is away from the game. I think that will help with his learning curve but he still has one. I think he is going to turn into a very good QB and I could possibly see our first QB who starts more than two seasons in a row.

he has great potential, the only thing that sucks is we might only get 5-8years out of him which for a browns fan is amazing because we have barely got 1-3years out of any QB but the Browns might of finally got a good QB and he is going to have a short shelf life lol

now if everyone else around him can develop than our future looks good

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
he is a rookie QB, he is going to have his growing pains on the football field. Yes i know he is 29years old and what but on the field he is a first year QB.

the great thing about him being a 29year old he has experience being a pro athlete that he knows how to handle himself off the field or when he is away from the game. I think that will help with his learning curve but he still has one. I think he is going to turn into a very good QB and I could possibly see our first QB who starts more than two seasons in a row.

he has great potential, the only thing that sucks is we might only get 5-8years out of him which for a browns fan is amazing because we have barely got 1-3years out of any QB but the Browns might of finally got a good QB and he is going to have a short shelf life lol

Well said buno.

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
buno67 wrote:

Well said buno.

5-8 years would be an epic success. It would be SOOOOO worth the 22nd pick in the draft.

I know some here think i'm an H&H apologist. Reality is that i dislike Shurmur ALOT. Holmgren doesn't do anything as far as I can tell. I really like Heckert and his drafting approach.

I can say that i'm a big Weeden fan though. I think he has what it takes.

#JDI
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
buno67 wrote:

Well said buno.

5-8 years would be an epic success. It would be SOOOOO worth the 22nd pick in the draft.

I know some here think i'm an H&H apologist. Reality is that i dislike Shurmur ALOT. Holmgren doesn't do anything as far as I can tell. I really like Heckert and his drafting approach.

Yea weeded showed some serious balls last night

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:

Good stuff.

As far as Holmgren, I think he's done a good job putting a staff together. He's the one responsible for bringing in Heckert, Chilly, Jauron, etc. Of course he's also responsible for Shurmur, so there's one for the other column as well.

Heckert, I'm a fan of.

Jauron has this defense playing very, very well.

Chilly is a known commodity that can get the job done. He should probably be calling the plays.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:

Good stuff.

As far as Holmgren, I think he's done a good job putting a staff together. He's the one responsible for bringing in Heckert, Chilly, Jauron, etc. Of course he's also responsible for Shurmur, so there's one for the other column as well.

Heckert, I'm a fan of.

Chilly is a known commodity that can get the job done. He should probably be calling the plays.

I definitely agree about Jauron. I think he's doing a very good job with what he has to work with.

I think with Taylor and Haden back we could actually be a force on defense.

Imagine adding a Top 10 DE and a starter at CB. Shocked

#JDI
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:

Good stuff.

Heckert, I'm a fan of.

I definitely agree about Jauron. I think he's doing a very good job with what he has to work with.

Yeah, this D needs a boost.

As far as what to add, a FS would be pretty high on my list also.

At this point, I'd like to see a trade back and a draft that address the defense in a manner similar to how we addressed the offense last April.

JCBrowns21

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:

Good stuff.

Heckert, I'm a fan of.

Yeah, this D needs a boost.

As far as what to add, a FS would be pretty high on my list also.

At this point, I'd like to see a trade back and a draft that address the defense in a manner similar to how we addressed the offense last April.

Agree that the D needs a boost, but don't we need the same type of investment as we did with the O this year.

We need a FS. Everything else could use an upgrade, but they aren't glaring needs. I think our two biggest needs are STILL on the offensive side at WR and G.

On another note, I've been pleasantly surprised with the LB corps, specifically Craig Robertson and LJ Fort.

In regards to the Manning comparison, we need WRs that can catch before you can even think of Weeden developing further.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCBrowns21 wrote:

Agree that the D needs a boost, but don't we need the same type of investment as we did with the O this year.

We need a FS. Everything else could use an upgrade, but they aren't glaring needs. I think our two biggest needs are STILL on the offensive side at WR and G.

On another note, I've been pleasantly surprised with the LB corps, specifically Craig Robertson and LJ Fort.

In regards to the Manning comparison, we need WRs that can catch before you can even think of Weeden developing further.

I think a high draft pick opposite Sheard at DE, a high pick as a 2nd corner and a FS are all very much warranted.

That's pretty much the investment we made last April for our offense as Gordon is a '2013 pick'.

A trade down could net us all of those in the first 2 rounds as well as some picks later/2014 to help bolster both sides of the ball.

Talent isn't lacking on offense. Experience and consistency on the other hand.....

bulldog

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just going to post this in here.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/09/28/refo-browns-ravens-week-4/

Quote:
Thereís something there with Brandon Weeden (+0.Cool, but sometimes you have to ask yourself if you need to expect less from a rookie, or if the Browns should expect more from a soon to be 29-year-old quarterback. Heís not scared to go down the field, and was somewhat unfortunate to walk away with a 48.1% completion percentage after his receivers put seven balls on the ground. But when he makes throws like the one Cary Williams returned for a touchdown, or the one Jimmy Smith should have picked off with 15 seconds to go in the game, you canít help but hold your head in disappointment. With the Ravens really coming after him (blitzing on 49.1% of passing plays) he didnít shirk from the challenge, but too often his execution just wasnít quite there with a number of inaccurate balls thrown.

Quote:
Ė When you count drops as completions and ignore throwaways, spikes and hit-as-throwns, Brandon Weeden had an adjusted accuracy percentage of 68.1%.

NickZambo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=496897

Anyone else want a glass of this Kool Aid?

OOOOOO YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just looked at Bleacher Report giving Weeden the lowest grade of all the rookie QB's a D. I'm not shocked since they seem to always put more weight on that first opinion but frankly after watching all but Luck play I think Weeden has been better than all but Luck and Griffin (and Griffin was awful in that last game). I think Weeden has been getting lambasted merely because of his age and not his play. Folks just want to justify them saying he was a reach.

Vince Lombardi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: