Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens (Week 4) Post-Game Thread: Good, Bad, Ugly
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone including myself is getting tired of the crappy guard play, and some are worked up that Schwarts hasn't been a stud already. Can we please not forget than Alex Mack and Joe Thomas both have been average at best as well? Alex Mack is playing slightly better than Pinkston and Lauvao. We are not getting enough out of our "pro bowlers" and 1st round picks Mack and Thomas. I am starting to firmly belive this is an obvious coaching flaw here. If something doesn't change soon we need to be looking for a new offensive line coach.

Jamison on the sig
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigMoneysProtege wrote:
Question:

I know that better FS play is high on everyone's Christmas list, but I haven't familiarized myself much with this years draft class. If there is a game breaking type talent (Sean Taylor type, although doubtfully that good), would you be for taking a FS in the top 10?

There will be no Sean Taylors in this years draft. However FS's Eric Reid of LSU and Baccari Rambo of UGA are two very good players who would make our defense nasty as all hell. Rambo's a favorite of mine and may actually fall into round three because of some off the field issues. Reid, however will probably go somewhere at the end of round one.

Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Everyone including myself is getting tired of the crappy guard play, and some are worked up that Schwarts hasn't been a stud already. Can we please not forget than Alex Mack and Joe Thomas both have been average at best as well? Alex Mack is playing slightly better than Pinkston and Lauvao. We are not getting enough out of our "pro bowlers" and 1st round picks Mack and Thomas. I am starting to firmly belive this is an obvious coaching flaw here. If something doesn't change soon we need to be looking for a new offensive line coach.
pro bowlers

I think Thomas and mack are looking worse because of the guards. Aalso Thomas seems to be carrying a injury.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:

Our O line hasn't been nearly as bad as you are making it seem.

Our pass pro has been good and teams are stacking the LOS to stop Richardson.

If our WR's could hold on to the ball every now and then, defenses may actually respect our passing game, which might, just might open up our running game.

Right now the WR's, Little in particular, is holding this offense back more than anyone, not the OL.

That's my opinion anyway.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

If our WR's could hold on to the ball every now and then, defenses may actually respect our passing game, which might, just might open up our running game.

Right now the WR's, Little in particular, is holding this offense back more than anyone, not the OL.

I'm not saying it is awful. I'm saying Mack and Thomas are playing just slightly better than the 2 guard everyone is ripping into for their play. I'm just saying Thomas and Mack are clearly not playing to the level they are capable.

Its either that or Pinkston and Lauvao are actually playing better than everyone makes it seem.

Jamison on the sig
Kiwibrown

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if the WR's didn't drop so many passes our guards would look better. that is fuzzy logic an it seems that everyone is pointing the finger at someone else.

The reality is, that there is room for improvement with every grouping on our offense, backs,, oline, Recievers, Tight ends and with every individual in every group as well. to get our offense 100% better we have to do 100 things 1% better, if our guards were playing lights out we would still be throwing ints, we would still be dropping passes and running dumb plays, it is not a specific cog issue.

I think our defense is palying lights out, I love D!^k D. If we had another great pass rushing end and another good safety, people would be scorin 0's against us.
bulldog

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
BigMoneysProtege wrote:
Question:

I know that better FS play is high on everyone's Christmas list, but I haven't familiarized myself much with this years draft class. If there is a game breaking type talent (Sean Taylor type, although doubtfully that good), would you be for taking a FS in the top 10?

There will be no Sean Taylors in this years draft. However FS's Eric Reid of LSU and Baccari Rambo of UGA are two very good players who would make our defense nasty as all hell. Rambo's a favorite of mine and may actually fall into round three because of some off the field issues. Reid, however will probably go somewhere at the end of round one.

Jarius Byrd is a FA.

Fixed.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

I'm not saying it is awful. I'm saying Mack and Thomas are playing just slightly better than the 2 guard everyone is ripping into for their play. I'm just saying Thomas and Mack are clearly not playing to the level they are capable.

Its either that or Pinkston and Lauvao are actually playing better than everyone makes it seem.

Thomas has a knee issue and Mack has been good except for last night, but Ngata makes a lot of good players look silly.

It's funny how Browns fans fixate on the O line more than any other fan base I can think of.

We had fans who though we need 2 first round OL this past April for Christ's sake. Brick wall Brick wall

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
NickZambo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
Good:

Shurmur is brining the lulz.

@MaryKayCabot

"#Browns Shurmur on Phil Dawson: 'He's amazing, wet environment, heavy balls, he just keeps going'"

Laughing Laughing Laughing

haha welcome to my sig...

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
bulldog

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
BigMoneysProtege wrote:
Question:

Jarius Byrd is a FA.

Fixed.

BTW, this could be a great FS free agency year.

Jairus Byrd
Kenny Phillips
Patrick Chung (rfa)
Ed Reed (lol)
candyman93

Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
Good:

Shurmur is brining the lulz.

@MaryKayCabot

"#Browns Shurmur on Phil Dawson: 'He's amazing, wet environment, heavy balls, he just keeps going'"

I swear this is the ultimate love / hate team for a fan base Laughing

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
bulldog wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
BigMoneysProtege wrote:
Question:

Jarius Byrd is a FA.

Fixed.

BTW, this could be a great FS free agency year.

Jairus Byrd
Kenny Phillips
Patrick Chung (rfa)
Ed Reed (lol)

I am probably going to take heat for this one because it happens every year when I notice a great player before everyone else ala Connor Barwin, Chandler Jones and others but I really think Kenny Vaccaro could easily be the best saftey in this draft class and better than Mark Barron. Obviously I don't think he will go that high bc Barron was overdrafted IMO but I think he can be better.

Funny thing I told my self I was only sticking to DEs this year and I only noticed him because I've been watching Okafor and Jeffcoat.

Jamison on the sig
StewieRules

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vacarro's been getting press from many of the draftniks so you're not alone in that assessment. Reed, McDonand, Vaccaro and Barron would all be significant upgrades to what we have now - FA has some younger options there as well.

To me, that and CB take priority over a RDE - we're number two in the NFL in sacks a 1/4 way through the season, I don't think anyone expected that. Winn was a find (keep him at 270-275 and I think he could play RE and play it well if needed) and Rucker has been a good acquisition. We need secondary help to make that unit truly effective,and it starts with a number 2 CB and a Safety.

Offensively, I agree our Guards are both hot garbage. I've been saying it for months - anything involving Lauvao as a starter is a fail, period. Unfortunately there aren't any G's in FA worth grabbing so it'll be upgrade through draft or trade there. A WCO FB who isn't clueless would be nice, Marecic is pathetic - he's lost out there, there just isn't any other way to put it. Lonnie Pryor might be a great mid-round selection - a smaller FB who would be a RB in many schemes, the kid blocks, and can run & catch.

Bottom line though is the WRs - we need some. Gordon & Benjamin have potential but MO is too fragile and Little is is the pure definition of inconsistency - an unreliable heart-breaker. Give Weeds two reliable targets and watch the offense transform. Fail to do that and we'll see more games with 6-10 catches left on the carpet.
bulldog

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StewieRules wrote:
Vacarro's been getting press from many of the draftniks so you're not alone in that assessment. Reed, McDonand, Vaccaro and Barron would all be significant upgrades to what we have now - FA has some younger options there as well.

To me, that and CB take priority over a RDE - we're number two in the NFL in sacks a 1/4 way through the season, I don't think anyone expected that. Winn was a find (keep him at 270-275 and I think he could play RE and play it well if needed) and Rucker has been a good acquisition. We need secondary help to make that unit truly effective,and it starts with a number 2 CB and a Safety.

Offensively, I agree our Guards are both hot garbage. I've been saying it for months - anything involving Lauvao as a starter is a fail, period. Unfortunately there aren't any G's in FA worth grabbing so it'll be upgrade through draft or trade there. A WCO FB who isn't clueless would be nice, Marecic is pathetic - he's lost out there, there just isn't any other way to put it. Lonnie Pryor might be a great mid-round selection - a smaller FB who would be a RB in many schemes, the kid blocks, and can run & catch.

Bottom line though is the WRs - we need some. Gordon & Benjamin have potential but MO is too fragile and Little is is the pure definition of inconsistency - an unreliable heart-breaker. Give Weeds two reliable targets and watch the offense transform. Fail to do that and we'll see more games with 6-10 catches left on the carpet.

Levitrie and Urbik have both had very good years last year and this year. Urbik is a RFA i think, though. Levitirie is a UFA.
cattleman78

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
StewieRules wrote:

Levitrie and Urbik have both had very good years last year and this year. Urbik is a RFA i think, though. Levitirie is a UFA.

Levitrie is a guard I'm interested in. Put him at left guard and maybe move Pinkston to right guard. Lauvao is a free agent and as of now doesn't seem to be worth resigning. Problem with drafting a starting guard is we have no second round pick as of now and our first round pick looks like at least a top ten pick. You don't draft a guard with a top 20 pick. By the third round it gets harder to find a good guard although it can be done.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: