Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens (Week 4) Post-Game Thread: Good, Bad, Ugly
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigMoneysProtege

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Ravens (Week 4) Post-Game Thread: Good, Bad, Ugly Reply with quote

I've been a bitter, sore, angry Browns fan for as long as I can remember, but I'm done. I'm sick of it. It doesn't help me in any way, and it sure doesn't help the team get any better. That said, I'm shocked at how angry and negative so many of us are just because we're 0-4.

There are a lot of things that need a bit of perspective.
First the really bad.

Guards - Our guard play has been nothing short of inexcusably awful. Pinkston and Lauvao look like swings and misses and they are dragging down the play of the rest of our O-line. Thomas doesn't look like himself, but is still more than good, and Mack looks tough as ever. We need a major upgrade at at least one of the two positions. You can cover up one glaringly bad guard but 2 is difficult.

Receivers/TE's - Thusfar we're not where I'd like us to be here. When we get open we can't catch the ball. Weeden is a 100% rhythm guy, and our poor WR play is not allowing him to get into his groove. We need to catch the darn ball and sustain drives.

DB's without Haden - We're getting picked on. Anyone can see it. Skrine looks good, but needs to be in the nickle, Brown is too slow to play outside. Patterson has good positioning but needs to make plays on the ball. Safety play is below average even with Ward. With Joe Haden in the lineup I think we win at least 1 of the last 3 games, and everyone wouldn't be ready to put a a revolver in their mouths. I'm upset with Joe for this stupid suspension.

Coaching - I don't think Pat Shurmer is any good. He and Childress suck. I want them gone. No need to blow everything up. Keep Heckert but these guys need to go. Never look fired up. NEVER score opening drive points. Crap gameplans. I'm done.

The Decent

Weeden - I've seen strides. Maybe some of you think he should be in the "bad: category, but I don't. He looks better than the water trash we've put out there the last couple years. With Colt behind center there was just no fear from opposing D's looking to stack the box and play up on our receivers. We could never be a feared offense with Colt McCoy. At least Weeds gives us that chance. When he gets into a rhythm and our guys catch the ball he looks quite good (shocker). I'm not ready to say he's the answer or anything close to it, but I'm not unhappy 4 games into his rookie year. Being 29 doesn't magic you into not making rookie mistakes, like the stupid pick 6 last night.

The Good

Phil Dawson - 50 yard extra points. Self explanatory.

Trent - Guard play and abandoning the run are hurting us. Bad. Trent is a MAN and everyone can see it. Give this kid the ball. 52 throws last night and 14 carries. We need to work on establishing the run.

Front 7 - I like what I see for the most part. D-line starting to gel. The 2 rookie DT's are great. Rucker is a nice surprise. Outside linebackers are weak, but maybe we have something in Robertson? Loved how we contained Rice last night. Pierce's long run killed us. Overall I think this is becoming a strength for our team, something we havent been able to say since maybe 2002. This could fall into the "decent" category.

DB's with Haden - I think that when Joe comes back and every CB is bumped down a peg, our defense is going to be quite good. We were extremely tough during the Philly game

Overall, this team is YOUNG. Our oldest offensive starter is a rookie. I'm pleasantly surprised that we're competing as we are. Anyone who expected more than 6 wins this year was setting themselves up for misery, and that was before Joe got suspended. I think we will continue to make strides and win a handful down the stretch. What I haven't seen, is the uninspired, putrid play from the last couple years. I've seen a team that is always just a couple plays and mistakes from making a big jump.

IF anyone thinks that this roster needs to be blown up again, I think you're crazy. I hope that Haslam, being a good businessman, knows this too. There are pieces in place. We need to stop being impatient, negative Browns fans and see that for the first time in a long time, we have a nice, young, talented core moving forward. There are big holes and problems, and we should be able to objectively see and criticize them, but starting over ever 3 years is not a model for success in ANY PRO SPORT, and less in the NFL.

Am I the only one happy about the Browns moving forward?

The present is a gift, and I just wanna be.
candyman93

Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll say it.

Trents production has not been "good." There are factors as to why but he hasn't produced. So I give him an inconclusive grade. He has talent and potential though.

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
BigMoneysProtege

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
I'll say it.

Trents production has not been "good." There are factors as to why but he hasn't produced. So I give him an inconclusive grade. He has talent and potential though.

From a production standpoint our whole offense pretty much surpasses bad and goes into the "take them out back and shoot them" category outside of the Cinci game. I just think that Trent has looked extremely good when he has any room to run. This is more of an eye test for me.

nugpimpen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, the last thing i'm worried about is Trent.

We know what he can do when he has holes or space. He just hasn't had many holes.

Why we don't throw more screens or passes to Trent is beyond me.

For the first time in my life, i'd actually like to see us run a draw play.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
joelflynn44

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Ya, the last thing i'm worried about is Trent.

We know what he can do when he has holes or space. He just hasn't had many holes.

Why we don't throw more screens or passes to Trent is beyond me.

For the first time in my life, i'd actually like to see us run a draw play.

I agree with the screens, but until we show we can run one successfully (preseason nightmares) whats the point. Obviously they aren't any better running them in practice or they would be in the game plan as its a staple of the WCO.
For draw plays, the key blocks are on the guards to turn the DT's toward the outside. Key word is Guards in that sentence.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigMoneysProtege wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
I'll say it.

From a production standpoint our whole offense pretty much surpasses bad and goes into the "take them out back and shoot them" category outside of the Cinci game. I just think that Trent has looked extremely good when he has any room to run. This is more of an eye test for me.

I prefer an stand by concerning the offence.

Following several loss's early season, The head coach was asked what he thought of his team's "execution." He replied, "I'm all for it."

John McKay.

That s how I feel about last nights perfomance.

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigMoneysProtege, I changed your thread title. Hope you don't mind.

We can put our post-game thoughts in here.

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good:

Shurmur is brining the lulz.

@MaryKayCabot

"#Browns Shurmur on Phil Dawson: 'He's amazing, wet environment, heavy balls, he just keeps going'"

buno67 wrote:
I wonder why his cough was so bad that he needed the codeine? I betcha it was from hitting the bong to many nights in a row.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
Good:

Shurmur is brining the lulz.

@MaryKayCabot

"#Browns Shurmur on Phil Dawson: 'He's amazing, wet environment, heavy balls, he just keeps going'"

Laughing Laughing Laughing

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
dawgdish

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Good:
Hope for an NFL caliber offense after years and years of miserable amateurish ineptitude. I think Weeden has proven he has all the tools and the game isn't too big for him - not that he's arrived but it looks like he can actually develop into a franchise QB.
Also guys like Winn and Robertson stepping up and having very solid games give me hope for our front 7.

The Bad:
Our guards and DBs - inconsistent play from both of those positions.
Cribbs laying there on the turf - man was that scary.

The Ugly:
All of the drops from our WR corps...they are a liability who are holding our offense back and potentially Weeden's development back.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved Weedens bounce back after the pick 6.

If Little made that catch in the endzone, that last drive wouldve been for a FG. I do have to say, his ability surprised me. I thought he was more of a big WR who didnt have the athletic ability. But I think he has the passion. You can see he wants to be the guy for the team. I dont see that fire from Benjamin or MoMass.

Anyone LOL at T-rich just out running his blocking to the endzone. And also how Mayock kept talking the LB who did a good job filling in for Ray Lewis but that was the same guy who kept getting carried by T-Rich.

For everyone hating on our corners, I think all of them are just playing one position higher than they should. Skrine is a good nickle. Patterson is well patterson. He's a come in when your player is winded type of CB.

For chirst sake, move Sheldon to FS. We have terrible FS play anyways.

I hope Cribbs is okay. I noticed how he was the one to make the first big offensive play for the team. He isn't a number 1 WR but hes not as bad as people make him out to be.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohiogenius wrote:
Loved Weedens bounce back after the pick 6.

If Little made that catch in the endzone, that last drive wouldve been for a FG. I do have to say, his ability surprised me. I thought he was more of a big WR who didnt have the athletic ability. But I think he has the passion. You can see he wants to be the guy for the team. I dont see that fire from Benjamin or MoMass.

Anyone LOL at T-rich just out running his blocking to the endzone. And also how Mayock kept talking the LB who did a good job filling in for Ray Lewis but that was the same guy who kept getting carried by T-Rich.

For everyone hating on our corners, I think all of them are just playing one position higher than they should. Skrine is a good nickle. Patterson is well patterson. He's a come in when your player is winded type of CB.

For chirst sake, move Sheldon to FS. We have terrible FS play anyways.

I hope Cribbs is okay. I noticed how he was the one to make the first big offensive play for the team. He isn't a number 1 WR but hes not as bad as people make him out to be.

It's what I hate about watching the Browns on national television. The story line they try to run is all about the development of the Ravens and has little to nothing to do with what the Browns are doing. And then we never give them much reason to talk about us anyways. The announcers yesterday called Flacco's performance after the 2nd quarter "impeccable" outside of his interception. When Billy Winn tackled Ray Rice behind the for like a 1 yard loss on a screen pass the announcers were like "WOAH HE ALMOST BROKE THAT OFF, THAT'S THE TYPE OF PLAYMAKING ABILITY RAY RICE HAS"

It's obnoxious, I know the Ravens are exciting and stuff, but chill your erection man.

Also did anybody else catch the commentator say if Greg Little had caught that TD pass we would of been tied right now, even though we were down by 10 at the time? I totally lost it, made fun of that for the rest of the game.
NPBrowns

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ugly

- WR's Hands
- Weeden's Fail Mary
- Hodges punting

The Bad
- Lauvao
- Patterson
- Injuries to TJ Ward, Usama, and Gipson
- TRich getting only 14 rushing attempts

The Good
- Winn & Sheard
- Weeden progressing each game
- D holding the vaunted Ravens offense to 16 points
- Robertson
- Joe Thomas Acting Skillz
- 9 days to prepare for G-Men
- Haden only out 1 more game

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NPBrowns wrote:
The Ugly

- WR's Hands
- Weeden's Fail Mary
- Hodges punting

The Bad
- Lauvao
- Patterson
- Injuries to TJ Ward, Usama, and Gipson
- TRich getting only 14 rushing attempts

The Good
- Winn & Sheard
- Weeden progressing each game
- D holding the vaunted Ravens offense to 16 points
- Robertson
- Joe Thomas Acting Skillz
- 9 days to prepare for G-Men
- Haden only out 1 more game

Yeah man what the heck is wrong with Reggie Hodges. He looked like hot garbage yesterday, and I heard the same last week.

BigMoneysProtege

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question:

I know that better FS play is high on everyone's Christmas list, but I haven't familiarized myself much with this years draft class. If there is a game breaking type talent (Sean Taylor type, although doubtfully that good), would you be for taking a FS in the top 10?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: