Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Wk 4: (1-2) Oakland Raiders @ (1-2) Denver Broncos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JRebar913

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
This team looked unstoppable in the second half today. I'm hoping that translates over to the NE game, which I think will be an excellent game.

Anyway, everyone played excellent today (except Brooking sucked for awhile, no surprised). Just a glowing review in general. I'm bummed we lost Walton, and I hope to god Koppen can stand in and be effective. Walton progressed majorly and losing him is rough.

I love how this forum hated Walton and DJ Williams, and when they go down, it is like...whoa...we love you.

Wasn't Koppen a Pro Bowl Center? We may be alright.

Not true jst. I was really tough on walton last year and deservedly so. I've also been his loudest fan this year. He's really played well this year.

DJ, another matter. I'm in the minority but Woodyard is finally making plays near the los and not 6 yards downfield. I really like WW. Guarantee ya, we'll miss Walton more than DJ.

You aren't supposed to say that. You are supposed to say that Koppen will be a solid replacement.

Also, didn't Osweiller perform that kneel down perfectly at the the end of the game?

perfect form, loved the back peddle and then the execution to take a knee, man! Laughing
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRebar913 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
This team looked unstoppable in the second half today. I'm hoping that translates over to the NE game, which I think will be an excellent game.

Anyway, everyone played excellent today (except Brooking sucked for awhile, no surprised). Just a glowing review in general. I'm bummed we lost Walton, and I hope to god Koppen can stand in and be effective. Walton progressed majorly and losing him is rough.

I love how this forum hated Walton and DJ Williams, and when they go down, it is like...whoa...we love you.

Wasn't Koppen a Pro Bowl Center? We may be alright.

Not true jst. I was really tough on walton last year and deservedly so. I've also been his loudest fan this year. He's really played well this year.

DJ, another matter. I'm in the minority but Woodyard is finally making plays near the los and not 6 yards downfield. I really like WW. Guarantee ya, we'll miss Walton more than DJ.

You aren't supposed to say that. You are supposed to say that Koppen will be a solid replacement.

Also, didn't Osweiller perform that kneel down perfectly at the the end of the game?

perfect form, lowered the back peddle and then the execution to take a knee, man! Laughing

Definitively a great future for that kid. I can totally see the arm strength and mobility.

Last edited by jsthomp2007 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soooooo, how 'bout some analysis from our regulars?

Couldn't watch the game (somewhat limited choices in Tok Ak.) Just box scores.

We finally did something thats been lacking for a while. beat a team that we should. Hopefully that continues.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:

We finally did something thats been lacking for a while. beat a team that we should. Hopefully that continues.

They played very well.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

They played very well.

Wow!! Absolutely stunning analysis and observation! It's almost like I watched the game. Wink
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

They played very well.

Wow!! Absolutely stunning analysis and observation! It's almost like I watched the game. Wink

Muahaha...you know me, always accommodating.
Joe_is_the_best

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:

OK AKRNA let's do this.

First Half

- Excellent first drive from Manning & Co. I like how we just started with the no-huddle instead of waiting for it, and it paid off in the first half. Manning split the safeties deep middle for Dreessen who makes an excellent catch. Awesome play.
- The Raiders moved the ball pretty well in a response to our first drive, but settled for a FG.
- Manning moved the ball in the same way on the second drive. Decker isn't able to hang on to a pass from Manning on third down. Bummer, he could have caught it.
- Screen pass to DT who looks like he's going to take it the distance, but fumbles when he tries to change the ball to his other hand.
- Broncos played much better than their 10 points, but TO's just killed us

Second Half

- Here's where the defense just takes over
- The swarming to the ball in this game was unlike anything I have ever seen from a Bronco defensive unit (I'm a young person so I don't go too far back).
- McFadden has nowhere to cut, zone run plays are not working at all
- Aside from a play or two we are finally able to contain the edge with a swarm of defenders, and WW was really good in this game. We didn't miss Joe Mays one bit if you ask me.
- The box score was accurate for the third quarter, 11 total yards for the Raiders. Broncos forced 4 3 and outs in a row.
- Del Rio is not afraid to be aggressive with his blitzers, no openings in secondary aside from an overthrow of Palmer to Moore which was an easy TD. Also employing the standing around to confuse the offensive line.
- Now for the offense, Manning is picking the secondary apart especially with crossing routes. McGahee is finding the holes, his vision was excellent today.
- In the red zone, Raiders were expecting pass and Manning hands it off to McGahee 3 times for the TD. Run game wasn't working as well in the first half, but once the Raiders were on their heels it opened up.
- Hillman shows off his explosiveness in the open field for I believe a 20 yard gain. Didn't show much up the middle but most of his running was near the end when Raiders were playing the run.
- 4th quarter was uneventful, but Manning had a 7 minute drive which helped ease out of this game

Manning was very accurate, decisive, and correct when diagnosing the Raiders D. Hopefully this will shut up folks like Bill Simmons who said Manning had a "noodle arm." The defense was real good today, and Palmer is going to be hurting. Pressure was in his face all day courtesy of Von, Doom, and company.

Feels good man. I hope this writeup gives you a bit of insight.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe_is_the_best wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

OK AKRNA let's do this.

First Half

- Excellent first drive from Manning & Co. I like how we just started with the no-huddle instead of waiting for it, and it paid off in the first half. Manning split the safeties deep middle for Dreessen who makes an excellent catch. Awesome play.
- The Raiders moved the ball pretty well in a response to our first drive, but settled for a FG.
- Manning moved the ball in the same way on the second drive. Decker isn't able to hang on to a pass from Manning on third down. Bummer, he could have caught it.
- Screen pass to DT who looks like he's going to take it the distance, but fumbles when he tries to change the ball to his other hand.
- Broncos played much better than their 10 points, but TO's just killed us

Second Half

- Here's where the defense just takes over
- The swarming to the ball in this game was unlike anything I have ever seen from a Bronco defensive unit (I'm a young person so I don't go too far back).
- McFadden has nowhere to cut, zone run plays are not working at all
- Aside from a play or two we are finally able to contain the edge with a swarm of defenders, and WW was really good in this game. We didn't miss Joe Mays one bit if you ask me.
- The box score was accurate for the third quarter, 11 total yards for the Raiders. Broncos forced 4 3 and outs in a row.
- Del Rio is not afraid to be aggressive with his blitzers, no openings in secondary aside from an overthrow of Palmer to Moore which was an easy TD. Also employing the standing around to confuse the offensive line.
- Now for the offense, Manning is picking the secondary apart especially with crossing routes. McGahee is finding the holes, his vision was excellent today.
- In the red zone, Raiders were expecting pass and Manning hands it off to McGahee 3 times for the TD. Run game wasn't working as well in the first half, but once the Raiders were on their heels it opened up.
- Hillman shows off his explosiveness in the open field for I believe a 20 yard gain. Didn't show much up the middle but most of his running was near the end when Raiders were playing the run.
- 4th quarter was uneventful, but Manning had a 7 minute drive which helped ease out of this game

Manning was very accurate, decisive, and correct when diagnosing the Raiders D. Hopefully this will shut up folks like Bill Simmons who said Manning had a "noodle arm." The defense was real good today, and Palmer is going to be hurting. Pressure was in his face all day courtesy of Von, Doom, and company.

Feels good man. I hope this writeup gives you a bit of insight.

Thanks joe.

I figured the D must have done well. Just reading the recaps you'd think it was only PM and the O.
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decker's momentum was way off on that third down non-catch in the end zone. No way he makes that catch. If he was Brandon Lloyd, then yeah. But his body control is average at best, can't really blame him on that one. He played well this week, though.

Joe didn't mention Willis McGahee, who was great.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the Raiders fans laughed at me when I said we could contain Run DMC, they all laughed. Well who's laughing now? Not me cause I still have Pneumonia and laughing leaves me quite short of breath, but I have a huge smile.

We just dominated from the opening drive and never turned back, it was so good to see. I can't remember a game like that where from start to finish it was just quality Bronco football. Manning torched them, McGahee had a field day, even Chris Harris got a "sack".

I do believe just about all my predictions came true, I even guessed we'd score 38 points so I was one off.

A great win to take to Foxboro next week and if we can repeat this performance, we can topple the Pats in their own building

mess with him at your peril
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a good performance against a poor opposition. Lets look at my three keys to the game in the 1st post of this thread ...

lomaxgr wrote:
Can the Broncos stop Darren McFadden at Mile High?

Yes and about time ... McFadden had a couple of decent runs early in the game and I must confess I was a tad worried. After that 1st drive we totally shut down the Raider run game. I thought our guys upfront set the standard and physical dominated the unimpressive Raider Offensive Line. You have to fly to the ball against someone like McFadden because he is elusive AND strong; our guys did that all day yesterday.

lomaxgr wrote:
Can the Broncos force 3rd and long?

Yes, they did. This relates directly to shutting McFadden down, and the Raiders don't have any short passing game to force 3rd and short if they aren't running the Football well. As I said pregame, the Raiders Offensive Line cannot hide behind the ZBS to protect Carson Palmer on 3rd and long, and Elvis in particular just tee'd off. He had 1.5 sacks, I think 3 QB hits and I don't dare think how many QB hurries. And lets not get into how much Von Miller and Elvis were held (our OL got away with a couple too though). I am really looking forward to watching the game on All 22 to get a good looking at the butt whooping upfront.

lomaxgr wrote:
Can the Raiders banged up Secondary hold off Peyton Manning?

Simply put - no, they couldn't. I thought we would see a lot more zone from the Raiders, but Dennis Allen thought man coverage was the way to go. Peyton just bullied the Raiders in man coverage, and our Receivers consistently won their 1v1 matchups to get open. I would say Manning was very impressive but I can't get away from just how poor the opposition was. No pass rush + the worst secondary in the league = blowout.

I thought our running game was the perfect compliment to our passing game too. Willis looked really smooth and seemed to be picking up 6/7/8 yards with ease. Again, the opposition wasn't great but that is a big DL so it is was nice to see us running well against them.

I couldn't help but chuckle at those the 3rd & 1 and 4th & 1 conversions we had in the 1st half. Every year it seems we are getting stuffed on those downs against the Raiders because of how big their DL is, but finally we have a QB who can hit his Receiver in man coverage in clutch situations. You will always get man coverage on 3rd/4th and 1, and Manning gives us the confidence to convert in those situations. Kyle Orton didn't ...

MUFC OK
Cruzp23

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one frustrating thing about this game was that palmer was able to get the ball away sometimes as he was literally being tackles and complete the oass doom could have easy had another 2 or 3 sacks need to finish them off this week vs brady

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good if not dominant win against weak Raiders. Next to Manning and McGahee, the best thing to watch was that our D has very much improved their run stopping. DMC was not his usual nightmare self yesterday. Also, nice to see Caldwell and especially Hillman finally being worked into the rotation. Ronnie had a couple of nice runs, and how about that running style: Smooth gliding and then... bam. Keep it up. The Walton injury is unfortunate but Koppen stepped in and performed solidly.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-JDR did a really good job making adjustments at half, that backdoor screen was killing us in the 1st half, Oakland tried it a 3rd time and Champ shut it down and I don't recall them trying it again.

-We had a ton of pressure on Palmer but we need to start turning those into sacks or even better turnovers.

-Adams did a lot better this game, although he should of had a sack and an easy interception.

-Porter also did much better, that catch by Moore was just an amazing throw and Porter missed swatting it down by inches.

-Liked the play calling other than the fake field goal, don't mind the play call so much as I hate how it was set up. Prater is arguably the best kicker in the league at the moment and near automatic from 50 out we need to start trusting him more and take the points.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
Decker's momentum was way off on that third down non-catch in the end zone. No way he makes that catch. If he was Brandon Lloyd, then yeah. But his body control is average at best, can't really blame him on that one. He played well this week, though.

Joe didn't mention Willis McGahee, who was great.
Yeah I guess you're right. Hit him in the hands, but it would have been a very difficult pass.

My McGahee comment was kind of buried, but it's there.

Quote:
McGahee is finding the holes, his vision was excellent today.

Lots of people said that McGahee wouldn't do much without Tebow, nice to see him prove those detractors wrong.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 16 of 19

Jump to: