Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Josh LeRibeus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A TRAIN 89

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Josh LeRibeus Reply with quote

Seems like a Fat Loser who can't crack the starting line up of a bad offensive line. What is this guy's deal? Pisses me off when I wanted Bobby Massie and we go with this No Name from SMU whose name hasn't surfaced since training camp.

thoughts?
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea. Hes turned out to be a lazy flop.

First started. Even some on the Redskins said that there isnt a person he cant grab a hold of and move where he wanted them to.

But holding isnt allowed, and he cant find that 2nd level for nothing.

Trinidad: Where you can play dodgeball, jump off a diving board, and call a team the Redskins without the Communist Left sayin otherwise.
Brian23

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riiiiight.

While our line may not be great, it's severely under-rated in the interior. The issue is at RT. But hey, don't let me stop you from writing off a rookie 3 games into his Pro Career.
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never judge an Offensive Lineman based on his rookie season.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is this fat and lazy comment coming from .. Heresay? Read that somewhere.. ?? I don't think anyone expected him to come in and start this season.
mike23md

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I had wondered the same thing about Chad Rinehart when we drafted him under Zorn. Not that he was lazy or fat, but he did get injured and then when healthy he never got a chance to play again.

Personally where is Maurice Hurt who actually played some tackle last season?

Its alarming to see just 3 OT's on the roster, and 4 G's with 1 C. I understand that is 8 OL, but half of them wouldnt see the field on any other team.

Secondary and OL in the off season. Needs to be priorities.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Slateman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I've said numerous times that we reached for him, I think it's a bit early to be calling him a bust. The ZBS can have some difficulties and it takes a little while to pick up.
kerrdawg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the interior of t he line has been pretty good. Polumbus has had trouble in pass protection. An y news in Browns recovery?
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused Huh?

He's a rookie interior lineman that we drafted in round 3. We have 3 veteran interior olineman that aren't the problem with our offensive like right now. I'm not a huge Leribeus supporter but only because I believe there were a lot better prospects available in the 3rd round when we picked him. I still want and think he will work out and be a starter eventually but he needs time to develop. Again, he's only a rookie ad playing behind 3 vets who are all playing well.

Our problem is depth at the tackle position and the starting RT, NOT Josh Leribeus. Josh is here and hopefully here for stay for a decade.

Idiotically, we cut Willie Smith who played pretty well the last month of last year and it seems is the starter for the Raiders now, in favor of Jordan Black who looked like he shouldn't even be in the league last Sunday.

I think the releasing of Willie Smith and not drafting a tackle prospect higher than the 6th round of last years draft are more of a problem than Josh Leribeus.

As for Jammal Brown I haven't read anything about his status but he's on the PUP list, so, he can't even play for 3 more weeks anyways. Meaning he won't be available till the second weekend in october I believe. I could be wrong, someone please correct me if I am.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Well I had wondered the same thing about Chad Rinehart when we drafted him under Zorn. Not that he was lazy or fat, but he did get injured and then when healthy he never got a chance to play again.

Personally where is Maurice Hurt who actually played some tackle last season?

Its alarming to see just 3 OT's on the roster, and 4 G's with 1 C. I understand that is 8 OL, but half of them wouldnt see the field on any other team.

Secondary and OL in the off season. Needs to be priorities.
This! And also a lesson should be learned from Rinehardt, don't give up on talent you draft too early!! Rinehart is a starter for the Bills now and graded out as one of the best guards in the NFL last year on pro football focus.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marcus21

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is a lil crazy to me....Let the kid develop. Lets not forget Kory was no superstar his first year in Denver...Im pretty sure he was cut by the Broncos, or they gave up on him way early.. He was our best OL before the injury, and hes quickly getting back up to speed. This is no time to hit the panic button....I think Gettis and LeRibus have a chance to be great for us in the future!!!!
Sassan11

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so everybody knows a lot of teams only carry three tackles. Thats why they try to find a "swing" tackle that can play both positions.
footy_29

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do we have to expect that a third round pick will be ready to start in his first year?

I am well aware that LeRibeus was considered a reach by most, but that means very little to me. What we know about LeRibeus is that he lost a lot of weight to get back into football and showed well in his senior season. When you have 'bad weight', it will take some time to put muscle on and that is what this year has always been about: keep strength training and focus on technique.

Right now, Steiger's working his way back into form and Chester is solid/average on the other side. Both are good guys for LeRibeus and Gettis to have ahead of them, but rushing these guys into the starting line-up is the definition of premature.

None of the young players is going to mature overnight into solid players. Look at Aldrick Robinson last year compared to this year. Look at how slow they are bringing along Leo Hankerson and Niles Paul and realize that will be their approach for all young players.

I've said this before, but I think it's a long-shot for LeRibeus to be ready to start next year, although possible. Hypothetically, if LeRib starts from 2014-2020, and plays at a solid level, waiting a couple of years is worthwhile if it means long-term success.

It would be fantastic for Griffin to have an established team already in place, but the truth is that this team will be developing with Griffin and not all are ready for primetime. In my opinion, it's the best way to build a team. You find talented players to grow together and then you fill in the gaps.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: