Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4: Bills vs Patriots Game Day Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
DKTurtle51 wrote:
19-2 is Tom Brady's record against the Bills.

Oh, i see... thought you jokingly meant the Bills will go 19-2.

I thought he was being sarcastic because we are overrating our team.. 19-2 is inexcusable against a divisional rival. We gotta get up for these games more
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DubiDo0 wrote:
This one falls heavily on the coaches.
Wannstedt was horrible. All he used was nickle and dime packages. Pats read this and just ran on us. Then when we went to regular packages brady tore us up. Dave needs to do a better job at disguising our defense.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at the game, Wannstedt showed up literally 5 to 10 minutes prior to kickoff... I have a picture while I was in line to get in.

Seems kinda strange that our DC barely made it to the game in time...

Rolling Eyes

Horrible defensive performance. Turnovers KILLED us.

Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
DubiDo0 wrote:
This one falls heavily on the coaches.
Wannstedt was horrible. All he used was nickle and dime packages. Pats read this and just ran on us. Then when we went to regular packages brady tore us up. Dave needs to do a better job at disguising our defense.

I actually don't believe that Dave could have done anything much more than gambled...a lot. I mean, he could have went with Moats & Barnett in the nickel, for example, but would you really feel comfortable with Moats trying to cover anyone? Yes, he'd be better defending the run, but I doubt he'd perform well if Brady tested him. Shepperd is too slow to react and then run with anybody going across the middle, so he's not a real option. Last you have Bradham. The kid is fast, but still wasn't showing good ability to read plays fast enough, so he'd probably get burned initially and then maybe catch up, but by then Brady probably would have delivered the ball anyway.

If we played a base 4-3 with Barnett-Shepperd-Moats, Brady would have tested them all. I mean, Barnett was struggling to cover as well today, so we were screwed either way. Last thing I can come up with is going Scott-Bradham-Barnett and blitzing a lot, with Bradham getting most of those shots. That would hopefully have decreased Brady's time and still allowed Scott & Barnett to cover the middle/intermediate stuff. Would have been very risky IMO due to the lack of the extra DB. Besides, Dave's not known for his blitzing.

As I see it, unless Bradham develops quickly, we don't have anyone athletic enough to do more than just play either the run or pass except Barnett and his skills are fading. Lots of people claim that LBers are not all that important in the 4-3, but the Patriots just proved that wrong today. They totally exposed the weaknesses of our LB corps and everyone with a decent pass catching TE or Slot Receiver and a solid running game is going to follow that blueprint. We must go after at least another quality OLB this off-season and probably consider another MLB as well, unless Moats can out play Shepperd there.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
BillSabre wrote:
19-2

You know that's impossible right? not only because it's the Bills either.

I don't think u sense the sarcasm!! Not happening, this game was a joke and embarrassment. This team cannot be taken seriously until we win within division

What i meant was 19-2 record is impossible, 17-2 does, there are only a max of 19 games a season not 21.

I got 20 games max for not 19 or 21 bro.. Unless I'm retarded

If you go 16-0 you will have a bye, so 19 games is max for a team to play in a season.

19 games is max for a team who goes 16-0. As the Bills are not going to go 16-0, their max would be 20. It would be possible (though unlikely) for them to go 14-2 and not get a bye week, thus setting up a 4 game playoff run.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were a few ugly truths on display today.

Fitz is just not good enough. He is terrible at protecting the ball, his accuracy and arm strength just don't cut it. The biggest problem I have is that he's football stupid. He gets a lot of balls tipped and batted down because he lacks awareness, he doesn't create new passing lanes in the pocket. Stevie seems to be losing his patience with Fitz's bad passes. The coaches continue to play a pass first offense without competent players so that's still on the front office and coaches as well. We need to change philosophy to run first if we hope to make a playoff run. We have the line to do it, we have the backs to do it. The only reason why we won't is if Chan is too stubborn to admit that his offense with these players isn't working the way he wants it to work.

Our linebackers were totally dominated by what was supposed to be a beat up and poor offensive line. It looked like they let our linemen penetrate to get at the second level of the defense all day long. Hopefully our young linebackers will play better and bulk up in the offseason. Mario and Mark need to start making some plays.

On the bright side, at least Donald Jones didn't die when Vince hit him.

Last edited by OffseasonChamps on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
BillSabre wrote:
19-2

I don't think u sense the sarcasm!! Not happening, this game was a joke and embarrassment. This team cannot be taken seriously until we win within division

What i meant was 19-2 record is impossible, 17-2 does, there are only a max of 19 games a season not 21.

If you go 16-0 you will have a bye, so 19 games is max for a team to play in a season.

19 games is max for a team who goes 16-0. As the Bills are not going to go 16-0, their max would be 20. It would be possible (though unlikely) for them to go 14-2 and not get a bye week, thus setting up a 4 game playoff run.

So 19-2 is impossible like i said, since the max number of games is 19 if a team goes 16-0, and going 14-2 and still winning 4 playoff games only gets you 18-2 record... again, not 19-2. Not sure what you even posted, what i said was correct. You are talking about something that he didn't say.
Tom Brady Tribute
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I've always admired about the Bills is it seems like that stadium really gets up for Pats games. Not sure why the Bills have trouble closing games out against the Pats or why there are such consistency issues (I guess that happens when your qb is a model of inconsistenty) but when you guys get that figured out, I believe ya'll buffalos could be pretty good.

ELRammy
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy Brown wrote:
One thing I've always admired about the Bills is it seems like that stadium really gets up for Pats games. Not sure why the Bills have trouble closing games out against the Pats or why there are such consistency issues (I guess that happens when your qb is a model of inconsistenty) but when you guys get that figured out, I believe ya'll buffalos could be pretty good.
Coaching. You guys adjusted to our defensr and we didnt do anything.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man we got out coached and out played BADLY. Thats basically all I can say. We looked like Freshman going up against Seniors in HS.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
BillSabre wrote:
19-2

So 19-2 is impossible like i said, since the max number of games is 19 if a team goes 16-0, and going 14-2 and still winning 4 playoff games only gets you 18-2 record... again, not 19-2. Not sure what you even posted, what i said was correct. You are talking about something that he didn't say.

Just wanted to clarify........ That is Brady's career record against the Bills. 19-2

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Who got that sack? Cameron Jordan? Jordan Cameron? Michael Jordan? Cam Cameron? IM SO CONFUSED!
bzane

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
I was at the game, Wannstedt showed up literally 5 to 10 minutes prior to kickoff... I have a picture while I was in line to get in.

Rolling Eyes

Kind of off-topic, but- judging from the photo- is Dave Wannstedt 6'9", or is everyone else in Buffalo short?
TommyC376

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bzane wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Kind of off-topic, but- judging from the photo- is Dave Wannstedt 6'9", or is everyone else in Buffalo short?

I wouldnt say 6'9". But he is definately tall. Probably like 6'5" or so.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

45 points allowed at home in the second half is embarrassing, especially after having a 21-7 lead. Chan Gailey is now 2-12 against the AFC East. Buffalo's schedule doesn't get any easier. The next five games: @ San Francisco, @ Arizona, Tennessee at home, @ Houston, @ New England. Brutal.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:
45 points allowed at home in the second half is embarrassing, especially after having a 21-7 lead. Chan Gailey is now 2-12 against the AFC East. Buffalo's schedule doesn't get any easier. The next five games: @ San Francisco, @ Arizona, Tennessee at home, @ Houston, @ New England. Brutal.

I believe our first game last season, Patriots had a 21-0 lead and lost and on the second game last season the Bills had a 21-0 lead and lost 49-21.
Tom Brady Tribute

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: