Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 News & Info Thread II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football
Quote:
The Eagles still haven't ruled Jason Peters (NFI, Achilles') out for the season.
The Eagles are holding out hope that their All-Pro left tackle can make it back this season. They'll evaluate Peters between Weeks 6 and 9, the three-week window when NFI players may resume practicing. "It's a long stretch," coach Andy Reid conceded. "But we haven't ruled him out."

nlesthought

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^To play advocate here a lil....Cover 4 is usually the outside CBs and safeties take a deep 1/4...Nnamdi should expect help inside but iIrc the only deep ball that was thrown inside was the Fitz TD the others he gave up deep passes outside the numbers, those are on him.

The problem with cover 4 is there's traffic on the inside that the safeties have to account for, so Nnamdi CAN NOT let the likes of Barden and Jacoby Jones beat him on balls thrown outside the hashmarks.

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
^To play advocate here a lil....Cover 4 is usually the outside CBs and safeties take a deep 1/4...Nnamdi should expect help inside but iIrc the only deep ball that was thrown inside was the Fitz TD the others he gave up deep passes outside the numbers, those are on him.

The problem with cover 4 is there's traffic on the inside that the safeties have to account for, so Nnamdi CAN NOT let the likes of Barden and Jacoby Jones beat him on balls thrown outside the hashmarks.

While true, the Barden catch was said to have been "over-under" coverage, not Cover-4. If thats the case, Nnamdi is in the trail position, and its his fault. The one play that he is 100% at fault for was the Jones play, but as I've stated, if that blitz by Ryans isn't a freak play where he is tripped up, Jones doesn't have the chance to extend his route and beat Nnamdi. Nnamdi wasn't wrong to sit on the route short and expect the blitz to get there, because initially he was right.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
The one play that he is 100% at fault for was the Jones play, but as I've stated, if that blitz by Ryans isn't a freak play where he is tripped up, Jones doesn't have the chance to extend his route and beat Nnamdi. Nnamdi wasn't wrong to sit on the route short and expect the blitz to get there, because initially he was right.

Agreed, plus that play was run on a 3rd and 4. Nnamdi had to sit on that route.
BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, I'm a huge DRC fan, always have been since he was a prospect, but I love how he's the "impressive" one when he's allowed more catches and yards. Laughing
"There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows; and the book says we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRC knight, pink outfit and 3 INT's. DRC is the bezt evah

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
nlesthought

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BirdsFan06050 wrote:
Look, I'm a huge DRC fan, always have been since he was a prospect, but I love how he's the "impressive" one when he's allowed more catches and yards. Laughing

DRC is in his prime, so the odds are in his favor to make a play...Nnamdi is at the fringe end of his career (30yo CBs, and I for one don't think he could transition to S)...Add the young rookie slot BOYkin.

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/GeoffMosherCSN
Quote:
Marty Mornhinweg jokes that those three runs at the goal line that were stopped were probably the first time he's called 3 straight runs
Quote:
Marty said of Danny Watkins: "I believe of him to be fine." Watkins participated in the walkthrough.
Quote:
Marty also said he suspects that Demetress Bell will start Sunday
Quote:
Watkins says he will practice today

BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
BirdsFan06050 wrote:

DRC is in his prime, so the odds are in his favor to make a play...Nnamdi is at the fringe end of his career (30yo CBs, and I for one don't think he could transition to S)...Add the young rookie slot BOYkin.

What exactly is your point?

Nnamdi is on pace to allow 16 catches. FYI that's how many he allowed in 2010 while still with Oakland.

Both of our starting CB's are playing at a high level.
"There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows; and the book says we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
PowerElite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not funny Marty... Also I believe the Eagles may still have a streak of games where the first play they called was a pass. Someone mentioned that during a game I believe last season where it was something like 11 straight games where the Eagles opened their first series with a pass. And some wonder why Andy has never won a Super Bowl. Andy and Marty are two predictable coaches...
Jroc04

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Quote:
Marty Mornhinweg jokes that those three runs at the goal line that were stopped were probably the first time he's called 3 straight runs
Quote:
Marty said of Danny Watkins: "I believe of him to be fine." Watkins participated in the walkthrough.
Quote:
Quote:

Weren't those three runs sweeps? I remember yelling at the TV, why they weren't running it north and south. Aggravating.

Kilt sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
PowerElite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Weren't those three runs sweeps? I remember yelling at the TV, why they weren't running it north and south. Aggravating.

Same here...
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Andy and Marty are two predictable coaches...

inĚsanĚiĚty - (noun) - Doing the same thing over and over and over again, and expecting different results.
Jroc04

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Same here...

When you're a yard out and you think running the ball 5 yards to the left or right is acceptable, it's not really a running play, Marty. It's called a trick play, a diversion if you will. Like when your wife says she's picking up pizza for dinner and when you get home there's salad and grilled chicken at your table, fat boy. How do you feel? Unfulfilled and angry. Welcome to watching you run an offense.

Kilt sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
PowerElite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one thing that they do which makes the rushing attempts inflated at the end of the game is calling a run play on 2nd & 8+ in order to create a shorter 3rd down attempt. Everyone knows that run is coming. It's like an 80%+ chance Andy/Marty will call a running play on that down. It never works.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 15 of 99

Jump to: