Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 News & Info Thread II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
I believe that you treat Vick like a game manager and forget that his name is Vick. Treat him like Harbaugh treated Smith last season. Treat him like the Steelers treated Big Ben for a few seasons. 25 pass attempts, MAX! If you give him 30 pass attempts, those extra 5 better be less than 5 yards down the field.

I agree to some extent with this. But Andy is aggresive, he wants points on the board.

Andy has never scored 35+ points in the playoffs. In big games his offense comes up short of that mark all of the time. But what can one expect when he is committed to playing Jason Avant. Being aggressive and having Jason Avant as your slot receiver are diametrically opposed.

How many offenses are putting up 35+ points consistently in the playoffs? Not many do.

Jeff Garcia played in two playoff games where his team put up 35+ points... Reid has never done it in the playoffs...

Ok...why is that an important number? And you didn't answer my question.

You're surprised?

This response defines a response to PE.
PowerElite

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
I believe that you treat Vick like a game manager and forget that his name is Vick. Treat him like Harbaugh treated Smith last season. Treat him like the Steelers treated Big Ben for a few seasons. 25 pass attempts, MAX! If you give him 30 pass attempts, those extra 5 better be less than 5 yards down the field.

I agree to some extent with this. But Andy is aggresive, he wants points on the board.

Andy has never scored 35+ points in the playoffs. In big games his offense comes up short of that mark all of the time. But what can one expect when he is committed to playing Jason Avant. Being aggressive and having Jason Avant as your slot receiver are diametrically opposed.

How many offenses are putting up 35+ points consistently in the playoffs? Not many do.

Jeff Garcia played in two playoff games where his team put up 35+ points... Reid has never done it in the playoffs...

I've gone over the 35+ points thing since I have been here. Go over the playoff games over the last 10 seasons and tell me how many teams won a Super Bowl without scoring 35+ points at any point during the post season.
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

I've gone over the 35+ points thing since I have been here. Go over the playoff games over the last 10 seasons and tell me how many teams won a Super Bowl without scoring 35+ points at any point during the post season.

07 Giants

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

07 Giants

07 Giants, 03 Patriots, 05 Steelers,

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vick has a dog.

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2012/10/so-it-seems-michael-vick-has-a-dog.html

It is only a matter of time now.
I speculate that Reid probably bought it for him.
Better fire him.

Bill Cowher is coming. Bill Cowher is coming.
Chip Kelly as OC. Dawkins for DC. Dorenbos to STC/LS.
Move Avant to QB because he can't catch.

Post surgery meds kicking in.
Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Phire wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

07 Giants

Maybe you could add 02 Patriots as well.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Phire wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

07 Giants

Andy Reid has never scored 34+ points in a playoff game. The 2005 Steelers scored 34 points in a victory during the playoffs that season.

So the last 5 years every team that won the Super Bowl had to score 35+ points at some point huh? Laughing
Phire

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:

So the last 5 years every team that won the Super Bowl had to score 35+ points at some point huh? Laughing

Again, 2007 Giants.

Let's count the years:

2011 - 1
2010 - 2
2009 - 3
2008 - 4
2007 - 5

So yes, in the last 5 years a team did not score 35+.

And Pittsburgh in 2008 reached 35 points once, but they by no means
Quote:
had to score

they beat San Diego by 11. So all they had to do was score 25+ to win that game.

The Saints scored over 35 points once in 2009. Again, they by no means
Quote:
had to score

because Arizona only scored 14 against them.

2010 the Packers scored above 35 once, again, by no means
Quote:
had to score

they just did.

And the Giants last year scored one time over 35, and yet again, by no means
Quote:
had to score

The Super Bowl champions of the past decade are scoring under 35 points more often than not, with 3 examples showing they didn't. One example in the past 5 years showed they did.

None of the teams in the Super Bowl in the past 5 years have scored 35 points in the actual Super Bowl game. Most of the time they scored 35+ in divisional rounds because the opposition was incompetent.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:
PowerElite

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

Again, 2007 Giants.

Let's count the years:

2011 - 1
2010 - 2
2009 - 3
2008 - 4
2007 - 5

The last time a team won the Super Bowl without scoring 34+ points at any time, George W Bush Jr was president, the iphone had yet to be released, Twitter wasn't hot but Myspace was. Yup that's a good method to building a team, try to avoid the current trend and do what one team did several years ago. Rules changes must mean nothing huh...
Phire

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Phire wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

Again, 2007 Giants.

Let's count the years:

2011 - 1
2010 - 2
2009 - 3
2008 - 4
2007 - 5

the iphone had yet to be released

What?

Quote:
The two initial models, a 4 GB model priced at US$ 499 and a 8 GB model at US$ 599, went on sale in the United States on June 29, 2007, at 6:00 pm local time

The Superbowl was played 6:17 PM ET, February 3, 2008.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:
PowerElite

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Phire wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

Again, 2007 Giants.

Let's count the years:

2011 - 1
2010 - 2
2009 - 3
2008 - 4
2007 - 5

What?

Quote:
The two initial models, a 4 GB model priced at US$ 499 and a 8 GB model at US$ 599, went on sale in the United States on June 29, 2007, at 6:00 pm local time

You're right, the Giants won the Super Bowl without scoring 34+ points a long time ago. Desean Jackson was still an amateur athlete. But this is how you excuse Andy Reid for NEVER scoring 34+ points in the playoffs? You skipped over all of the recent teams who have put up that number? The Giants certainly had to put up 34+ points to get this most recent Super Bowl...
Phire

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Phire wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Phire wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

Again, 2007 Giants.

Let's count the years:

2011 - 1
2010 - 2
2009 - 3
2008 - 4
2007 - 5

What?

Quote:

You're right, the Giants won the Super Bowl without scoring 34+ points a long time ago. Desean Jackson was still an amateur athlete. But this is how you excuse Andy Reid for NEVER scoring 34+ points in the playoffs? You skipped over all of the recent teams who have put up that number? The Giants certainly had to put up 34+ points to get this most recent Super Bowl...

Don't put words in my mouth, I'm giving you historical facts. You're wrong on multiple fronts.

And I do believe scoring 35+ puts a team in a strong position to win games, because, you're scoring 35 points.

By the way, if 2007-2008 was "a long time ago", then why do you include Andy's entire coaching history which started in the late 90's to make your point?

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Kiltman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Phire wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Phire wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

Again, 2007 Giants.

Let's count the years:

2011 - 1
2010 - 2
2009 - 3
2008 - 4
2007 - 5

What?

Quote:

Did they? Unless I'm crazy all they needed was 21 points to beat the packers.

And I must say I love that you made it 34...heaven forbid we make it 33 and have Andy meet the criteria. There is a huge difference between blowing a team out and scoring 35 or 34 than there is blowing a team out and scoring 33 or 31 right?

Eagles Forum Hall of Famer | 2013 Gold Standard Baldy Winner | The Reigning & Final? ENBD Champion
eagles101

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Phire wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Phire wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

Again, 2007 Giants.

Let's count the years:

2011 - 1
2010 - 2
2009 - 3
2008 - 4
2007 - 5

What?

Quote:

Don't put words in my mouth, I'm giving you historical facts. You're wrong on multiple fronts.

And I do believe scoring 35+ puts a team in a strong position to win games, because, you're scoring 35 points.

By the way, if 2007-2008 was "a long time ago", then why do you include Andy's entire coaching history which started in the late 90's to make your point?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKm5xQyD2vE&feature=related

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
PowerElite

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:

Andy Reid hasn't won a playoff game since January 11, 2009. We can talk about that. That's a more recent trend. Laughing

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 30 of 99

Jump to: