Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 News & Info Thread II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
What is everyones thought on Alex Henery? I for in think that he was a horrible 4th round pick and is just an average kicker, but he's statistically pretty impressive. To be a good a desirable kicker in this league I think you should be able to hit a 40-49 yard in a high pressure situation at least 9/10 times, and hit a 50-55 yard field goal at least 6/10 times. There are probably ~15 kickers in the league who fit this criteria, and for the teams who don't have one of those kickers I think they should be actively shopping for a new one. I fear that us drafting Henery so high will basically keep up us from releasing him, also he'll never be bad enough to warrant cutting and we'll be stuck in a kicker limbo for eternity!

Up until this season, I would have agreed with you. But the Jarrett release nullifies that notion from here on out.

And I think Henery will be just fine TBH.
EagleBlueDon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at the game yesterday..it was freezing with the rain plus like 43 degree weather. Great experience though. (I like to hang out down by the Eagles tunnel pre-game and yell to the guys and possibly get an autograph/high five).. Shoulda seen DRC dancing during pre-game to "Bands a Make Her Dance" by 3-6 Mafia..he was doing some row your boat motion with his arms and some sweet thing with his legs. LeSean tossed his gloves up to some lucky [inappropriate/removed] at the end of pre-game warmups on his way in to the lockerroom. Then Dorenbos tossed the same dude the ball they were using in pre-game kicks and punts, I was pissed. I really don't have any voice left today, and am proud of it. I just told all of the steeler fans to send Vick a collective thank you letter for literally fumbling the game away early on.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleBlueDon wrote:
I was at the game yesterday..it was freezing with the rain plus like 43 degree weather. Great experience though. (I like to hang out down by the Eagles tunnel pre-game and yell to the guys and possibly get an autograph/high five).. Shoulda seen DRC dancing during pre-game to "Bands a Make Her Dance" by 3-6 Mafia..he was doing some row your boat motion with his arms and some sweet thing with his legs. LeSean tossed his gloves up to some lucky [inappropriate/removed] at the end of pre-game warmups on his way in to the lockerroom. Then Dorenbos tossed the same dude the ball they were using in pre-game kicks and punts, I was pissed. I really don't have any voice left today, and am proud of it. I just told all of the steeler fans to send Vick a collective thank you letter for literally fumbling the game away early on.

Cool experience, I'm sure. Glad at least one of us from this forum was there, but too bad we couldn't come away with the win. Thanks for losing your voice for our team, though.
oland11

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully I go to the Linc this sunday against the Lions Cool
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
What is everyones thought on Alex Henery? I for in think that he was a horrible 4th round pick and is just an average kicker, but he's statistically pretty impressive. To be a good a desirable kicker in this league I think you should be able to hit a 40-49 yard in a high pressure situation at least 9/10 times, and hit a 50-55 yard field goal at least 6/10 times. There are probably ~15 kickers in the league who fit this criteria, and for the teams who don't have one of those kickers I think they should be actively shopping for a new one. I fear that us drafting Henery so high will basically keep up us from releasing him, also he'll never be bad enough to warrant cutting and we'll be stuck in a kicker limbo for eternity!

Up until this season, I would have agreed with you. But the Jarrett release nullifies that notion from here on out.

And I think Henery will be just fine TBH.

And McNutt release.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
beachside_eagle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 weeks late on this... Without Dixon and McNutt we lost 2/3rds of this teams sexual innuendo potential. Rough period for our fan base.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
The wide 9 have been successful at getting pressure on the QB the last 10 years with Washburn, the fact that someone have just invented a way to neutralize it is a joke. Chipping with TE's and RB's aren't exactly invented this year.

DT need to get a better push and not just go wide like the End's and stay in the middle when the QB's step up.

Chipping with the TE and backs wasn't just invented. Its been done for awhile...Teams gameplan from week to week. My comment was that based off last yr teams have gameplanned vs our front 4 by chipping and getting an outside release with the TEs...or running it right at us like Pitt/Balt did.

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
oland11

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beachside_eagle wrote:
5 weeks late on this... Without Dixon and McNutt we lost 2/3rds of this teams sexual innuendo potential. Rough period for our fan base.

We still got Cox.
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
beachside_eagle wrote:

We still got Cox.

Hence the 2/3rds...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So about our lack of sacks and the impact of QB pressures:

http://igglesblitz.com/philadelphia-eagles-2/dl-kor-fumbling/
Quote:
Sacks can be misleading. Last year the Vikings tied us for the league lead in sacks (50). Great. Opposing QBs had a passer rating of 107.6 against them, the worst figure in the entire league. QBs held the ball looking for big plays. That meant taking some sacks, but it also led to 34 TD passes. And the Vikings had just 8 INTs all year.
Quote:
The Eagles sacks are down, but not because the DL is ineffective. Teams fear the pass rush and are gameplanning accordingly. The Eagles are 4th in the league in opposing QB rating (67.6). Teams are on pace to throw for 16 TDs against us, while giving up 19 INTs. And remember that we’ve faced Flacco, Eli, and Big Ben. That’s good competition.

Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:

Quote:
Sacks can be misleading. Last year the Vikings tied us for the league lead in sacks (50). Great. Opposing QBs had a passer rating of 107.6 against them, the worst figure in the entire league. QBs held the ball looking for big plays. That meant taking some sacks, but it also led to 34 TD passes. And the Vikings had just 8 INTs all year.
Quote:
The Eagles sacks are down, but not because the DL is ineffective. Teams fear the pass rush and are gameplanning accordingly. The Eagles are 4th in the league in opposing QB rating (67.6). Teams are on pace to throw for 16 TDs against us, while giving up 19 INTs. And remember that we’ve faced Flacco, Eli, and Big Ben. That’s good competition.

Just sounds like more bs to me - we played against Kolb and Weeden as well, three very bad offensive lines as well. The majoriy of us watch Kolb get massacred by St. Louis and saw Denver handle Big Ben - we've done neither.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

Just sounds like more bs to me - we played against Kolb and Weeden as well, three very bad offensive lines as well. The majoriy of us watch Kolb get massacred by St. Louis and saw Denver handle Big Ben - we've done neither.

Err Juandamentals?

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all agree on that ^ But sacks are a drive killer. I don't know the exact % but if you get a sack on a drive the chance of scoring a TD is like 7% or something like that.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
nlesthought

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both of those teams were at home vs Kolb and Big Ben....

Both of those teams had a lead and shut down the opposing run game.

I don't want to say the tired phrase "apples and oranges" but clearly its a different ball game with different sets of circumstances.

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.

Last edited by nlesthought on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pressure is fine. I don't think any reasonable person can admit we're not getting pressure.

The issue is that pressure isn't good enough against an elite guy like Big Ben. We need to get to the QB, force 3rd and long.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 24 of 99

Jump to: