Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 News & Info Thread II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadway Joe wrote:
Phire wrote:
I'm happy with Brandon's contributions.

I can't blame him for not getting sacks when neither Cole nor Babin are.

We seriously need to blitz more. Force movement in the pocket and indecision and they will lead to sacks.

I would be happy if the guy wasn't taken 13th overall just two years ago. I agree that the guy should not be inactive but happy is the last thing on my mind when I think of him. BUST is more appropriate.

Torn ACL. I mean it doesn't make him less of a bust, but he does explain alot.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Tapp/Graham they're both worthless, so it really doesn't matter.

Laughing

Did you see Graham the first 3 weeks? He had a good amount of pressures and solid against the run.

Yeah, Graham probably leads our team in pressures.

lol pressures, might be the most worthless stat in all of football.
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:
Phire wrote:
I'm happy with Brandon's contributions.

I can't blame him for not getting sacks when neither Cole nor Babin are.

We seriously need to blitz more. Force movement in the pocket and indecision and they will lead to sacks.

I would be happy if the guy wasn't taken 13th overall just two years ago. I agree that the guy should not be inactive but happy is the last thing on my mind when I think of him. BUST is more appropriate.

Torn ACL. I mean it doesn't make him less of a bust, but he does explain alot.

He's had plenty of time to recover, that's not an excuse anymore. The kid was simply not good from the start, that's just the way it happens. Let us stop making excuses for our garbage[Watkins included], and start accepting that hey these guys are not very good and this is not what we should be getting out of our first round selections.
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:

Laughing

Did you see Graham the first 3 weeks? He had a good amount of pressures and solid against the run.

That's why all the QB's we have met so far have been playing their worst game of the year against us. (I hope I'm right here)

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:

Laughing

That's why all the QB's we have met so far have been playing their worst game of the year against us. (I hope I'm right here)

I'm pretty sure you're wrong.
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
He's had plenty of time to recover, that's not an excuse anymore. The kid was simply not good from the start, that's just the way it happens. Let us stop making excuses for our garbage[Watkins included], and start accepting that hey these guys are not very good and this is not what we should be getting out of our first round selections.

You know torn ACL isn't a bum pinky. It's a kind of injury that can ruin your career.

Eagles_808

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/EaglesInsider/
Quote:
Andy Reid: Bryce Brown (shoulder sprain) and Mychal Kendricks (slight ankle sprain) should practice Wednesday.
Quote:
AR: I thought the mentality was good. Attacked aggressively. Obviously we can't have the turnovers, hindering our ability to score.
Quote:
AR: We're the second lowest scoring team in the league right now, turnovers are making that happen.
Quote:
AR: I think we're doing a decent job with QB pressure. We're seeing teams 3-step drops to counter our rush or max protect on longer routes.
Quote:
AR: We do have to be able to get off the field on the last drive
Quote:
AR: You never feel good about a loss, but it's my job to evaluate and there are some good things to take out. Things we can correct
Quote:
AR: I like the grit of this football team. I like the toughness of this football team ... I like the makeup of this football team

Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:

You know torn ACL isn't a bum pinky. It's a kind of injury that can ruin your career.

You see plenty of players come back from an ACL injury and be successful. The way an ACL/MCL injury is treated and rehabbed has evolved, there's no reason that he shouldn't be productive. It's just more excuses in the long book of excuses for BG. He wasn't good before the injury, and he's not very good now.
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:

You see plenty of players come back from an ACL injury and be successful. The way an ACL/MCL injury is treated and rehabbed has evolved, there's no reason that he shouldn't be productive. It's just more excuses in the long book of excuses for BG. He wasn't good before the injury, and he's not very good now.

Every injury is different, and it's not like Cole or Babin is setting the world on fire stat wise. BG wasn't exactly drafted because he had the quickest first step, and the knee injury didn't help. Have he been disappointing? Yeah, but let's not going overboard and call him a gigantic bust, when a huge part of that is his injury. And we had a lockout last year, where he probably didn't get the help he needed with his knee.

Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Have he been disappointing? Yeah, but let's not going overboard and call him a gigantic bust, when a huge part of that is his injury

He is a huge bust, and the injury is turning into more of an excuse then anything else at this point. You can't see how content we are with scrub draft picks by you saying "he's not a gigantic bust" when he is. We're used to awful play out of our first round draft picks, so we're numb to the situation.
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham has certainly been a bust, but that doesn't mean that it's his fault or that the injury isn't a huge factor. He's been one of the more effective DEs on the team on a per-play basis this year (pressures).
Withmy89vision

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even our best players aren't getting sacks, so to blame Graham means you aren't watching the games close enough.

If you notice, teams are using a lot of screens, draws, 3-step drops, etc to negate our pass rush. Sure if Graham's arms were longer he might get some more batted balls, but as of right now no one is actually taking down the QB.

We also haven't put a team in a must-pass situation all season except last week the last two minutes against the Giants. If we would score more points, we would have more sack opportunities.

Really I hate to be the guy to blame everything on the QB, because it's a team game, but Vick really is losing us these games. We have a very good team minus our offensive line and Vick.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Withmy89vision wrote:
If you notice, teams are using a lot of screens, draws, 3-step drops, etc to negate our pass rush.

We also haven't put a team in a must-pass situation all season except last week the last two minutes against the Giants. If we would score more points, we would have more sack opportunities.

Great point here. Our modus operandi for years has been to get an early lead and have our pass rushes "pin their ears back" as they chase the QB. We have not been in situations like that often in 2012, and mainly they have to do with our careless turn overs.
eagles101

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:

Laughing

pressures leads to INTs or throw aways. if you have constant pressure on a qb they cant go through there reads and stops big plays.

props to deadpulse

vikingsvikings wrote:

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
so to blame Graham means you aren't watching the games close enough.

I never blamed anything on Graham[besides the fact that he's worthless] - just wondered if he[or Tapp, thanks to whoever brought him up] would sit out and give Curry a shot to start.

The facts are the we have played against three very poor offensive lines and have nothing to show for it; I watched St. Louis eat Arizona's offensive line alive[from opening snap to the Kolb fumble to end it], and the Broncos pounded the Steelers offensive line. We have literally nothing to show for either game and we have better defensive lines then both[atleast we did].

I see a lot of excuses getting tossed around here lately, we need to start holding the players accountable for their lack of production/impact, IMO.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 22 of 99

Jump to: