Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 News & Info Thread II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jroc04

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Dont hate the game, hate the player. LeSean should turned up instead of bouncing it wide

Or take that option out of his mind an call a dive and let him "power" in from a yard. Hell, just fall forward and it's a TD.

Have you ever seen a deliberate move from Shady ever? I love him but he's a dancer. He should never be given options when it's 3rd and short or on the 1 yardline.

Come on bro, he literally juked kenny phillips so bad that he hurt him. He is legendary.

Love him. He's my top 10 favorite Eagles. But that's 1st and 10 from the 50. Not 1st and goal from the 1.

Kilt sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Dont hate the game, hate the player. LeSean should turned up instead of bouncing it wide

Or take that option out of his mind an call a dive and let him "power" in from a yard. Hell, just fall forward and it's a TD.

Have you ever seen a deliberate move from Shady ever? I love him but he's a dancer. He should never be given options when it's 3rd and short or on the 1 yardline.

Come on bro, he literally juked kenny phillips so bad that he hurt him. He is legendary.

Love him. He's my top 10 favorite Eagles. But that's 1st and 10 from the 50. Not 1st and goal from the 1.

LeSean scored a lot of tds last year, I dont think we should count him out because of one series of plays against the giants.
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
The one thing that they do which makes the rushing attempts inflated at the end of the game is calling a run play on 2nd & 8+ in order to create a shorter 3rd down attempt. Everyone knows that run is coming. It's like an 80%+ chance Andy/Marty will call a running play on that down. It never works.

You know, I woulnt be so upset about that rationale, PE if Vick knew how to throw a timing route, hell even a decent slant to complete a 3rd and short, but the passing offense is so enigmatic.

That may be a function of not having the right WRs. If TO were still here you don't think they would draw up some shallow routes where he could break a tackle and take it to the house? Surely some of those routes would get tipped at the LOS because Vick is so short, but Maclin and Desean can't sustain the beating those kinds of routes place on the body throughout a season.

I agree. I would hate to compare Vick to Brady but Brady has made Welker's career with all those routes.

Seems that we are cursed with these types of QBs. Vick and McNabb would either wait until someone is wide open before passing and either get whacked throwing it or trying to scramble out of trouble. The NFL is too competitive to wait for a WR or TE to get open. You have to use those routes to your advantage and trust your players. I'd rather see an INT of that nature than Vick throwing a pick because he only has 3 feet of sideline left and thought threading a ball between 3 defenders is a well-thought out decision.

Could be a game-plan thing too.

We saw the short-passing game open up against the Giants and it was working.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
nlesthought

Phire wrote:
Meco wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

Legendary juke move. Laughing

This is why you let Shady run to the outside. Especially against a gassed NY defense that was stacking the middle.

There's more than a couple different ways of getting Shady outside...MM could spread them out run an option read less people in the box. Possibly pitch it to him with a pulling OL, something our OL should be able to do since we choose quickness over girth. The stretch is finesse and predictable since you never show anything different.

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
Meco

Jroc04 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

He's scored 18 touchdowns in the red-zone since the start of last season. And last year with McCoy getting a VAST majority of the carries we were one of the most effective short yardage and power teams in the NFL.
Jroc04

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

LeSean scored a lot of tds last year, I dont think we should count him out because of one series of plays against the giants.

I trust Shady with the rock. Just not Marty or Andy with a headset. But within circumstances, just play football. Take the ball and move it 3 feet for a TD straight up and down. I dont need to stretch the defense and let shady decide which hole is best 1 yard out.

Remember when Westbrook would just leap over everyone at the goal? Just call an off guard inside run. Even the damn shovel pass. Just stop messing around down there. Damn coaches trying to be too smart for the game.

Kilt sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc04

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

He's scored 18 touchdowns in the red-zone since the start of last season. And last year with McCoy getting a VAST majority of the carries we were one of the most effective short yardage and power teams in the NFL.

So, then why the 3 BS sweep calls?

Kilt sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc04

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
The one thing that they do which makes the rushing attempts inflated at the end of the game is calling a run play on 2nd & 8+ in order to create a shorter 3rd down attempt. Everyone knows that run is coming. It's like an 80%+ chance Andy/Marty will call a running play on that down. It never works.

You know, I woulnt be so upset about that rationale, PE if Vick knew how to throw a timing route, hell even a decent slant to complete a 3rd and short, but the passing offense is so enigmatic.

That may be a function of not having the right WRs. If TO were still here you don't think they would draw up some shallow routes where he could break a tackle and take it to the house? Surely some of those routes would get tipped at the LOS because Vick is so short, but Maclin and Desean can't sustain the beating those kinds of routes place on the body throughout a season.

I agree. I would hate to compare Vick to Brady but Brady has made Welker's career with all those routes.

Seems that we are cursed with these types of QBs. Vick and McNabb would either wait until someone is wide open before passing and either get whacked throwing it or trying to scramble out of trouble. The NFL is too competitive to wait for a WR or TE to get open. You have to use those routes to your advantage and trust your players. I'd rather see an INT of that nature than Vick throwing a pick because he only has 3 feet of sideline left and thought threading a ball between 3 defenders is a well-thought out decision.

Could be a game-plan thing too.

We saw the short-passing game open up against the Giants and it was working.

Maybe it's pertinent, but I don't like when my favorite team has to dumb down an offense for it's QB.

Kilt sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
Meco

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:
Meco wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

Because our offensive line and full back are probably the smallest in the league and we're incapable of bullying a defense for one yard and creating a push?
nlesthought

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

I trust Shady with the rock. Just not Marty or Andy with a headset. But within circumstances, just play football. Take the ball and move it 3 feet for a TD straight up and down. I dont need to stretch the defense and let shady decide which hole is best 1 yard out.

Remember when Westbrook would just leap over everyone at the goal? Just call an off guard inside run. Even the damn shovel pass. Just stop messing around down there. Damn coaches trying to be too smart for the game.

+1

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
Meco wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

Because our offensive line and full back are probably the smallest in the league and we're incapable of bullying a defense for one yard and creating a push?

yes but our interior OL is bigger with Kelce out.
Meco

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a little easier to over power defenses when you've got Tra Thomas, Todd Herremans, Jamaal Jackson, Shawn Andrews and Jon Runyan.
Meco

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Meco wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
Meco wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

yes but our interior OL is bigger with Kelce out.

But Reynolds is absolutely horrendous. He's AWFUL. Kelce was more explosive, used better technique and was a better help blocker.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
It's a little easier to over power defenses when you've got Tra Thomas, Todd Herremans, Jamaal Jackson, Shawn Andrews and Jon Runyan.

Shady never had that luxury.
Meco

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Meco wrote:

Shady never had that luxury.

Just imagine if he did, he'd be putting up all-time seasons with that OL.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 17 of 99

Jump to: