You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 News & Info Thread II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shady actually had the outside on one of his attempts. He cut it up field which prevented a touchdown. He had the corner of the end zone all to himself and didn't take it.

By running a stretch you let your running back use his vision to find holes in the "stretched" defensive front and score.

The New York defense just defended the hell out of it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
https://twitter.com/GeoffMosherCSN
Quote:
Marty Mornhinweg jokes that those three runs at the goal line that were stopped were probably the first time he's called 3 straight runs
Quote:
Marty said of Danny Watkins: "I believe of him to be fine." Watkins participated in the walkthrough.
Quote:
Marty also said he suspects that Demetress Bell will start Sunday
Quote:
Watkins says he will practice today

Weren't those three runs sweeps? I remember yelling at the TV, why they weren't running it north and south. Aggravating.

Same here...

When you're a yard out and you think running the ball 5 yards to the left or right is acceptable, it's not really a running play, Marty. It's called a trick play, a diversion if you will. Like when your wife says she's picking up pizza for dinner and when you get home there's salad and grilled chicken at your table, fat boy. How do you feel? Unfulfilled and angry. Welcome to watching you run an offense.

Yeah like finding out that the soda is flat...
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont hate the game, hate the player. LeSean should turned up instead of bouncing it wide

Kiltman on the sig
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Shady actually had the outside on one of his attempts. He cut it up field which prevented a touchdown. He had the corner of the end zone all to himself and didn't take it.

By running a stretch you let your running back use his vision to find holes in the "stretched" defensive front and score.

That might work in college, but this is the nfl. That was 3 horrible calls.
Jroc04

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
The one thing that they do which makes the rushing attempts inflated at the end of the game is calling a run play on 2nd & 8+ in order to create a shorter 3rd down attempt. Everyone knows that run is coming. It's like an 80%+ chance Andy/Marty will call a running play on that down. It never works.

I remember seeing that a few times, too. Again, yelling at the tv; "You idiots pass every down, now we need a pass and you run with Brown. Awesome."

Gotta love the Andy and Marty show.

You know, I woulnt be so upset about that rationale, PE if Vick knew how to throw a timing route, hell even a decent slant to complete a 3rd and short, but the passing offense is so enigmatic.

Kilty sig808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
PowerElite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:

But everyone knows that it is coming so it results in the Eagles continuously having low redzone TD conversion rates. Te Eagles are as "aggressive" with runing to the outside as power teams are with running up the middle. The difference is that pure power is more consistent than pure speed in an NFL running game because NFL defenders are so fast. Allow these NFL defenders to know that you are committed to a speedy finesse running game and you will find no success that close to the endzone.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
The one thing that they do which makes the rushing attempts inflated at the end of the game is calling a run play on 2nd & 8+ in order to create a shorter 3rd down attempt. Everyone knows that run is coming. It's like an 80%+ chance Andy/Marty will call a running play on that down. It never works.

I remember seeing that a few times, too. Again, yelling at the tv; "You idiots pass every down, now we need a pass and you run with Brown. Awesome."

Gotta love the Andy and Marty show.

You know, I woulnt be so upset about that rationale, PE if Vick knew how to throw a timing route, hell even a decent slant to complete a 3rd and short, but the passing offense is so enigmatic.

We have timing routes in our offense apparently, Foles used them in the preseason.
PowerElite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

That may be a function of not having the right WRs. If TO were still here you don't think they would draw up some shallow routes where he could break a tackle and take it to the house? Surely some of those routes would get tipped at the LOS because Vick is so short, but Maclin and Desean can't sustain the beating those kinds of routes place on the body throughout a season.
Jroc04

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Dont hate the game, hate the player. LeSean should turned up instead of bouncing it wide

Or take that option out of his mind an call a dive and let him "power" in from a yard. Hell, just fall forward and it's a TD.

Have you ever seen a deliberate move from Shady ever? I love him but he's a dancer. He should never be given options when it's 3rd and short or on the 1 yardline.

Kilty sig808 avy
808 wrote:
Meco

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who think Nnamdi is still elite are crazy, he's not the lockdown guy he used to be. He's clearly lost a step, he can't communicate with safeties to save his life and his recovery speed is totally lacking. Ball skills are nada too. He's still good but people who say he's the best corner we have are crazy, there is a reason we completely ditched the right and left corner thing and had DRC shadow Victor Cruz (when Nnamdi was healthy, when he got hurt we went back to the RCB and LCB system). DRC is just as big, he's incredibly faster, he's a bigger playmaker and miscommunications with safeties are almost a non-issue with him because once he realizes he's got no help he's got more than enough athleticism to compensate and get in proper position. DRC is one of the best corners in the league, Nnamdi is too but DRC is better. Notice that most big plays this season have come when Nnamdi doesn't get proper help and he can't recover, that falls on the players who failed to get in proper position but to an extent, Nnamdi shoulders the blame as well. Also, DRC plays on the harder side, the right side, the "sight side" for all right handed QBs.

For the season:
DRC: .97 yards per cover snap, 18.3 cover snaps per reception, 7 passes defensed, 3 INTs
Nnamdi: .98 yards per cover snap, 22.8 cover snaps per reception, 4 passes defensed, 0 INTs
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

Or take that option out of his mind an call a dive and let him "power" in from a yard. Hell, just fall forward and it's a TD.

Have you ever seen a deliberate move from Shady ever? I love him but he's a dancer. He should never be given options when it's 3rd and short or on the 1 yardline.

Come on bro, he literally juked kenny phillips so bad that he hurt him. He is legendary.
Meco

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

Come on bro, he literally juked kenny phillips so bad that he hurt him. He is legendary.

Legendary juke move. Laughing
Jroc04

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

That may be a function of not having the right WRs. If TO were still here you don't think they would draw up some shallow routes where he could break a tackle and take it to the house? Surely some of those routes would get tipped at the LOS because Vick is so short, but Maclin and Desean can't sustain the beating those kinds of routes place on the body throughout a season.

I agree. I would hate to compare Vick to Brady but Brady has made Welker's career with all those routes.

Seems that we are cursed with these types of QBs. Vick and McNabb would either wait until someone is wide open before passing and either get whacked throwing it or trying to scramble out of trouble. The NFL is too competitive to wait for a WR or TE to get open. You have to use those routes to your advantage and trust your players. I'd rather see an INT of that nature than Vick throwing a pick because he only has 3 feet of sideline left and thought threading a ball between 3 defenders is a well-thought out decision.

Kilty sig808 avy
808 wrote:
Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

Legendary juke move. Laughing

This is why you let Shady run to the outside. Especially against a gassed NY defense that was stacking the middle.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
That's not funny Marty... Also I believe the Eagles may still have a streak of games where the first play they called was a pass. Someone mentioned that during a game I believe last season where it was something like 11 straight games where the Eagles opened their first series with a pass. And some wonder why Andy has never won a Super Bowl. Andy and Marty are two predictable coaches...

Almost every game, opening drive starts with some sort of PA. I think its because it worked once vs Wash 2yrs ago.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 16 of 99

Jump to: