Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 News & Info Thread II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

POLK FOR FB!

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
PowerElite

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sold on Havili yet. I believe it's a bit of a lack of game tape that may be helping his cause. The more he puts on film the tougher it will be for the Eagles to keep doing the same things when he gets on the field. I do like him on the field over Jason Avant and Clay Harbor...
oland11

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
POLK FOR FB!

Lets run a full house set. We have our 5 OLs the have Clay and Celek line up I the sides. Mike Vike under center and have havili and Polk in the FB positions and McCoy behind them.
Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Quote:
LeSean McCoy rushed 12 times for 88 yards when FB Stanley Havili was on the field in Week 4.
The Eagles rarely use a fullback, but they found something that was working against the Giants and stuck with it. Havili was a beast on kick-out blocks as McCoy ran right up his back. It's a good sign for the Eagles' running game going forward. McCoy, who has just one touchdown on the year, is due for a breakout game.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6742/stanley-havili

Interesting stat, probably the first time we've had a fullback be that effective out of the I-Formation since Weaver. He also contributed in the passing game and running the football.

Just posted that in the NFC East thread, but meant to put it in here. Really happy to see this, and glad that we're getting the run game going out ofo obvious run formations.

So, where are all of the pre-season Havili doubters again?

I really liked what I saw from Havili Sunday night. Even those misdirection kind of runs reminded me of the Weaver days. I hope Havili keeps being a part of the offense.

Thanks to Braylon4MVP for the sig!
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save Havili for the 2nd half kicking out those tired and gassed ends. I like it.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Save Havili for the 2nd half kicking out those tired and gassed ends. I like it.

Rodger that. Did Andy and Marty actually employ a mid-game adjustment, or are we suspecting that was their game plan all along?
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadway Joe wrote:
I really liked what I saw from Havili Sunday night. Even those misdirection kind of runs reminded me of the Weaver days. I hope Havili keeps being a part of the offense.

Agreed. He's not as physical as Weaver, but he's a tad more athletic. And that fake pitch FB trap worked twice on Sunday (we used it in the preseason vs NE and Havili almost scored a TD with it). I do love that play call at the right time, and we used it twice on Sunday.
PowerElite

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Phire wrote:

Rodger that. Did Andy and Marty actually employ a mid-game adjustment, or are we suspecting that was their game plan all along?

It's statistically provable that Lesean McCoy plays better in the 2nd and 4th quarters against the entire NFL specifically the Giants. I believe it was part of the game plan to run McCoy more in the 2nd half unless the Giants were up by more than a score.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schmitt was an good blocker but he was a better down hill/iso blocker, something we don't do.

I hate everything about our run game. I know when I see split backs the misdirection is coming. I know 85% of our run game is draw, delays and the stretch. 12% Vick and the remaining 3% screens. Very frustrating to watch.

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig
willy_law

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:

Agreed. He's not as physical as Weaver, but he's a tad more athletic. And that fake pitch FB trap worked twice on Sunday (we used it in the preseason vs NE and Havili almost scored a TD with it). I do love that play call at the right time, and we used it twice on Sunday.

it worked super well. I got really excited, I like Havili I think we give him a shot
PowerElite

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:

Agreed. He's not as physical as Weaver, but he's a tad more athletic.

Woah I missed that one. Weaver is a vastly superior athlete than Havili in every single aspect.
oland11

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
willy_law wrote:

Woah I missed that one. Weaver is a vastly superior athlete than Havili in every single aspect.

Where's 808? He is going to give you a shpeal about havili.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:

I disagree. Havili is quicker and has better straight line speed. Plus I think their agility is about on par. But I have no problem agreeing to disagree on this one, as Weaver is a great guy and player who had his career cut short.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/stanley-havili?id=2495160
Quote:
Havili is a dynamic fullback prospect that is a matchup problem as a receiver out of the backfield. He runs well for a bigger back
Quote:
He has the athleticism to split out wide, shows good explosion off the line and has enough of a wiggle to be a threat after the catch.
Quote:
Havili has great speed for the fullback position. Explodes through the hole and has the foot quickness to make sharp cuts
Quote:
has the agility to make people miss

Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity, did anyone else get a chance to see Havili while he was playing at USC? I'm starting to think not because if many of you had, you would seriously see what I see in him. There are not many FBs that possess the physical tools that he does, in addition to being a damn good pass catcher.
PowerElite

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:

I disagree. Havili is quicker and has better straight line speed. Plus I think their agility is about on par. But I have no problem agreeing to disagree on this one, as Weaver is a great guy and player who had his career cut short.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/stanley-havili?id=2495160
Quote:
Havili is a dynamic fullback prospect that is a matchup problem as a receiver out of the backfield. He runs well for a bigger back
Quote:
He has the athleticism to split out wide, shows good explosion off the line and has enough of a wiggle to be a threat after the catch.
Quote:
Havili has great speed for the fullback position. Explodes through the hole and has the foot quickness to make sharp cuts
Quote:
has the agility to make people miss

Havili the NFL player has never made a big play in his life while Weaver has put on NFL film that he can run away from defensive backs. This is like the people who would post scouting reports to defend Kolb when I said that he had a weak arm. Fast forward a few years later and now no one can dispute that Kolb has a weak arm no matter how many erroneous scouting reports claim that he has a cannon. So the multitude of NFL film supports that Weaver is a better athlete than Havili. Havili has never at any time looked like a great athlete on the field. He looks like a smallish agile fullback. BTW there is tape of Havili getting ran down from behind by college defenders. Weaver didn't even suffer that in the NFL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz9fj_54GVc
Ends all discussion...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 12 of 99

Jump to: