Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Show some damn pride
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
Tell me where I "implied" there are only two options. Then you might have a "case". I stated there's logical, then there's being a traitor with some of the stuff being posted.

I don't have a problem with people disagreeing about things, if you actually bothered to read my opening post.

But please, continue to spew random nonsense completely unrelated to anything at all.

As of right now, you are distancing yourself from the Titans.

The fact that you think there can possibly be a "traitor" in this matter is just mind boggling. We're talking about people posting on a message board about football. Get a grip.

I already explained my comment. Maybe you meant something else by your initial comment. Either way, my point stands.

How on earth am I distancing myself from the Titans?

I suggest you go back and re-read my opening post. It would do you a lot of good.

Once again, I don't have a problem with us disagreeing about topics.

But when people run around, proudly proclaiming they have Tate on their fantasy team, or choosing Arian Foster for the rushing game, or selecting the Texans to win in pick'ems, or going into the Texans forum and stating that we'll be "roflstompped", it just appears like those people are fairweather fans, choosing to flip allegiances like Benedict Arnold.

For the Titans to become an elite team, they need a strong, supportive, unified, elite fanbase. And sadly, when I look around here, I see a lot of turncoats in our midst.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
VYoung10

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am with Ruskie

2014 Adopt a Titan:
Bernard Pollard #31
Marc Mariani #83 - CUT
s_camp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
s_camp wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
Tell me where I "implied" there are only two options. Then you might have a "case". I stated there's logical, then there's being a traitor with some of the stuff being posted.

I don't have a problem with people disagreeing about things, if you actually bothered to read my opening post.

But please, continue to spew random nonsense completely unrelated to anything at all.

The fact that you think there can possibly be a "traitor" in this matter is just mind boggling. We're talking about people posting on a message board about football. Get a grip.

I already explained my comment. Maybe you meant something else by your initial comment. Either way, my point stands.

I suggest you go back and re-read my opening post. It would do you a lot of good.

But when people run around, proudly proclaiming they have Tate on their fantasy team, or choosing Arian Foster for the rushing game, or selecting the Texans to win in pick'ems, or going into the Texans forum and stating that we'll be "roflstompped", it just appears like those people are fairweather fans, choosing to flip allegiances like Benedict Arnold.

For the Titans to become an elite team, they need a strong, supportive, unified, elite fanbase. And sadly, when I look around here, I see a lot of turncoats in our midst.

I did read your opening post. I found it uninspiring.

I don't do any of those Texan-related things. My posts were in response to you including NFL General in your initial post (see, I really did read it). Nothing wrong with having Tate on your fantasy team, though.

I think you vastly overestimate the influence of a fanbase. How will us being unified make CJ run harder? If we're more supportive, will Reinfeldt/Webster stop overpaying bums like Griffin?
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
s_camp wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

None of that means that they're traitors. So having Ben Tate on your fantasy team means that you're not a Titans fan? Saying Arian Foster will have a big game against our struggling run defense means you're not a Titans fan? Picking arguably the best team to beat us at their place means you're not a Titans fan? You're reaching man.

Zach Brown-Injured (Out for Year)
Taylor Thompson-2 rec, 24 yards, 0 TDs
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
s_camp wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

I did read your opening post. I found it uninspiring.

I don't do any of those Texan-related things. My posts were in response to you including NFL General in your initial post (see, I really did read it). Nothing wrong with having Tate on your fantasy team, though.

I think you vastly overestimate the influence of a fanbase. How will us being unified make CJ run harder? If we're more supportive, will Reinfeldt/Webster stop overpaying bums like Griffin?

I think you vastly underestimate the strength of a powerful supportive fanbase.

Look at the recent Super Bowl winners for more proof.

If we want to join them, we need to unite and get rid of some of the horrible tendencies certain 'fans' on here have, such as going across to enemy lines, sitting and dining with them and trashing 'their' team.

^^ryknowssd^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Dionysus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Show some damn pride Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
I don't know about the rest of you, but I think we as a fanbase need to man up and show some damn pride. I see some of you sulking in NFL Gen, tail between your legs. I see others go to the rival Texans and inform them that you secretly root for the Texans and see the Titans getting destroyed. All you Grima Wormtongues out here need to decide whether you are Titans fans or not.

What kind of team would the Titans be, if they all logged on here and read your posts. How do you think they'd feel, seeing their own "fans" proclaiming their teams destruction in the upcoming game? Hell, if I was a new poster on here, I'd think half of you were Texans fans, with all your chest-pounding "I own Ben Tate in all my leagues" and "We're gonna be rolfstomped".

I see fans throwing fellow fans to the curb. Where is our got damn unity? How in the hell can we expect the Titans to turn things around and mount a playoff run, when we can't even support them on an online forum?

It's downright pathetic right now. I'm not saying we need to all be 100% in agreement on every issue, and I know some of you will take longer to understand the greatness that is Michael Griffin, but to just take a #2 on the team you supposedly root for, and toss your comrades into the gutter? When did fantasy football supersede your own team's allegiance? Picking running backs and tight ends who face the Titans in fantasy leagues, are you kidding me? Selecting the opposing team in Pick'em leagues, really? Are you truly that desperate for that single point that you are willing to throw your own team under the bus?

I say that we all, as a fanbase, need to take a long look in the mirror (some of you longer than others), and realize that for this team to have a shot at winning it all, both now and in this upcoming decades, we need to be a stronger, more supportive fanbase.

I don't have a problem with us disagreeing on issues here in Titania. But of the love of all things two tone blue, don't go to the Texan land and sit down at their table and share in their meals, trashing your team.

This has been a much needed public service announcement from RuskieTitan.

I'm Dionysus, and I approve this message. ^^^

No matter how much my team tends to frustrate me at times be it coaches or players, I'm still a die-hard two-tone blue Titaneer through thick and thin. I don't care where the Texans (or anybody else for that matter) are in the power rankings compared to us, they still have to get on the field every week and get it done. That's why they play the game, as the saying goes. Everybody just knew Detroit was gonna come in and tear us a new one, and kill Jake Locker all day with double digit sacks. But guess what? I'm not crowning the Texans as anything until they go out and do it. I learned a long time ago that it's not how you start, it's how you finish.

RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see there are still some faithful fans remaining in Titania.

Stand strong, brothers.

^^ryknowssd^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
s_camp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:

If we want to join them, we need to unite and get rid of some of the horrible tendencies certain 'fans' on here have, such as going across to enemy lines, sitting and dining with them and trashing 'their' team.

What proof is there that the fans of those teams caused them to win the Super Bowl or at least be great teams? Did the stalwart Green Bay fans help Rodgers develop? Did Eli take the big leap because people love the Giants?

If the Titans are to join the elite teams of the league, they need to stop overpaying for craptastic players and Jake Locker must develop into at least a top 10 QB.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

What proof is there that the fans of those teams caused them to win the Super Bowl or at least be great teams? Did the stalwart Green Bay fans help Rodgers develop? Did Eli take the big leap because people love the Giants?

If the Titans are to join the elite teams of the league, they need to stop overpaying for craptastic players and Jake Locker must develop into at least a top 10 QB.

You clearly do not even understand the situation, and I won't waste my time talking to a brick wall. You are missing the entire point of this thread.

^^ryknowssd^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
s_camp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
s_camp wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

You clearly do not even understand the situation, and I won't waste my time talking to a brick wall. You are missing the entire point of this thread.

Lol, seriously you never, ever disappoint.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, I hate the Texans as much as I hate the Ravens(my most hated team) but I know that their more talented than this team but I also remember the good times our team beat up on our little brothers in the past as well. If you were referring to my to post in the Texans thread about us losing, I think I predicted a pretty decent score, 28-17. That's a competitive game. Not like I'm predicting a blowout. Our team right now is relying on a heavy passing game and as much as I love Locker, I dont think he's ready to have everything placed on his shoulders. I pray he proves me wrong but I doubt it. CJ and the O-Line are just pathetic right now. Their is no running game unless Locker scrambles. CJ isn't a factor at all anymore. If we were healthy right now with no major injuries, I might predict an upset or even closer score but without a McCarthy, the Texan's O will shred our D in every which way. Griffin will bite so many times at PA. I pray this team proves me wrong though.
-Hope-

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for being realistic. I always support this team. Always have, always will. I'll be watching the game on Sunday, doubtless ignoring an enormous load of engineering homework, and hoping like hell we beat the absolute crap out of Houston. But based on our performance this season and the injuries we're battling right now, I don't see it. If you have a problem with me making what I believe is a realistic prediction...well, I'm not surprised. You've never been one for the realistic. But questioning my fanhood because of that? Nice try.

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the talent discrepancy is that huge from the Texans to the Titans. It may slightly favor the Texans, but its not as bad as some of you make it seem... and Locker has the potential ability to close and widen that gap the opposite way now... this season. This team led by the Week 3 Locker is a deep playoff team. The question is not will he consistently be that good... it's how soon. It may be asking too much for him to carry that torch this early into his first starting season.

Sadly, I think the biggest differences between the 2 teams right now is coaching. Phillips from the defensive coordinator position has added so much swagger and confidence to this team... its really incredible.

With so much young talent on the team, the coaches are failing them by not providing that leadership that's desperately needed from the top. That's the reason this team will be so up and down early on this year. If they play up, they can go into any stadium and play with the best.... but when things are down, we'll have results like we've already seen this year.

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:

With so much young talent on the team, the coaches are failing them by not providing that leadership that's desperately needed from the top. That's the reason this team will be so up and down early on this year. If they play up, they can go into any stadium and play with the best.... but when things are down, we'll have results like we've already seen this year.

And this right here, is the problem with this team. So much talent, and not a person with a clue as to how to utilize it.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:

And this right here, is the problem with this team. So much talent, and not a person with a clue as to how to utilize it.

True. I think Munch will be a good coach but Gray needs to at least go. Palmer should be nothing more than a QB coach.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: