Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1/4 of the way through (plus) mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: 1/4 of the way through (plus) mock Reply with quote

Eagles Finish 9-7, End up with the 19th pick in the 1st round, and 17th(because of Saints not having their 2nd rounder) in the 2nd round. The Picks alternate between 19 and 18 in each round.

Andy Reid is fired, along with Juan Castillo and Marty Morhinwheg, however some on the staff remain, more on that later.

The new head coach brought in is Houston Texans Offensive Coordinator Rick Dennison, who brings the team a commitment to running the football. He retains Todd Bowles and promotes him to defensive coordinator per the request of Howie Roseman, and Bowels decides to keep in tact most of the staff considering the success of the defensive unit. Oakland Offensive Line Coach Frank Pollack is brought in as the assistant OL coach and assistant head coach. The Offensive Coordinator brought in is Washington QBs Coach Matt LaFleur, although Dennison will be the play caller. Kevin O'Dea is brought in as the new ST coordinator.

Re-Signed
CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
DRC and Nnamdi have been the top corner duo in the NFL this season, and the Eagles reward Rodgers-Cromartie for his play.

DT Derek Landri
Super disruptive player as the nose tackle in the wide-9, next to Fletcher Cox and Cullen Jenkins.

LB Akeem Jordan
Our best special teams player and a solid part time linebacker. Brought back to help out at the 2 outside spots as a backup and continue stellar ST play.

S Colt Anderson
Not much of a safety, but one hell of a special teams player.

LS Jon Dorenbos
Best LS in the game, and huge part of our punt coverage.

Pay Cuts
CB Nnamdi Asomugha
Nnamdi takes a pay cut for a team that needs cap space, and continues playing fin the same scheme defensively with us retaining Todd Bowles and promoting him to defensive coordinator.

OT Jason Peters
Coming off a major injury one has to wonder if JP will ever be the same again. He takes a pay cut to prove it, with a team and staff that has made him an elite LT.

WR Jason Avant
With production falling and the team planning to bring in competition in the slot, Avant takes a pay cut knowing he could be regulated to the #4 guy and a special teamer (which he has done well in the past.)

Cuts / Not Re-Signed
QB Michael Vick
Injury and turnover prone Michael Vick has no guaranteed money left in his deal and when he went down during the season Nick Foles looked good. The new staff sees a lot of Matt Schaub in Foles so they decide to stick with him.

DE Darryl Tapp
Vinny Curry takes his spot in the rotation

OT Demetress Bell
Too big of a bonus upcoming to justify paying

DT Cullen Jenkins
With the emergence of Fletcher Cox the Eagles ask Jenkins to take a 2nd consecutive pay cut, which he declines, causing the Eagles to cut him. Still with Cox and Cedric Thorton, the Eagles still have 2 under tackles they really like with a ton of skill and upside.

DT Mike Patterson
He too has a nice payday coming up, and he was on the NFI list all season with brain issues. No one knows how he will recover, and Derek Landri really took the starting nose tackle spot. The Eagles still need a backup, but not at the 3+ million Patterson is in line for.

Free Agency
With the money rolled over from this past season to next seasons cap, in addition to the pay cuts and actual cuts, the Eagles have the financial flexibility to add some key players.

The Eagles Sign Safety Patrick Chung

I believe in a strong safety free agent class, the Eagles will be active. That said I think William Moore will get franchised, while Dashon Goldson will be re-signed, leaving us to pick from Chung, Jarius Byrd, and Kenny Phillips. Of those 3 players, the best of the bunch that also fits the bill of what we need is Chung, so the Eagles make the biggest push to sign him and succeed. This signing allows us to go BPA in the draft, and improves our secondary even more.

The Eagles Sign Quarterback Matt Hasselbeck

First, I think Hass is cut by the Titans, but he still holds value and is brought in as a guy who just in case the Foles direction doesn't work he'll add a veteran presence to the position. He's played in similar passing schemes before as Dennison is bringing a variation of the WCO and thats where Hasslebeck has played his entire career. Its a 1 year deal.

The Eagles Sign OL Antione Caldwell

Brought in as a guy to compete and take over Danny Watkins starting RG spot, Caldwell is a guy who has a leg up on Watkins as he's played in the scheme for his entire career, and while he's been in the NFL longer, he's younger than Watkins and still ha upside.

The Eagles Sign DT Sedrick Ellis

With the wide-9 and Jim Washburn being retained under Bowels, we need depth as a 1 gap NT, and Ellis is a guy whose talent fits what we need. He's a big, athletic, and strong guy, but has been a bust in New Orleans, that said, he could be another Wide-9 success story like Jason Babin, Kyle Vanden Bosch, Derek Landri, and others.

NFL Draft
With the 19th Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Offensive Tackle Eric Fisher, Central Michigan

With the 49th Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Wide Receiver Da'Rick Rogers, Tennessee Tech

With the 82nd Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Defensive Tackle Akeem Spence, Illinois

With the 115th Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Linebacker Zaviar Gooden, Missouri

With the 154th Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select… Safety, Ray-Ray Armstrong, Faulkner

With the 192nd Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Offensive Tackle Xavier Nixon, Florida

The Eagles Trade 2 7th Round Picks (Colts (10 in round) and theirs(19th in round) to the Seattle Seahawks in exchange for C/G Lemuel Jeanpierre

Dennison and his staff identifies a guy that they really like and who fits their scheme on and other team, and makes a move for him. He is a guy who has started NFL games, and is a lighter athletic player with a ton of upside. While he's new to the offensive line, he's got a high football IQ and becomes a good backup for Kelce.

QB : Foles / Hasslebeck / Edwards
RB : McCoy / Brown / Polk
FB : Havili
XR : Maclin / Johnson
ZR : Jackson / Cooper
YR : Rogers / Avant
TE : Celek / Harbor
LT : Peters / Fisher (Fisher starts if Peters isn't 100%)
LG : Mathis
C : Kelce / Jeanpierre
RG : Caldwell / Watkins
RT : Herremans / Nixon

LE : Babin / Graham / Hunt
NT : Landri / Ellis / Spence
UT : Cox / Thorton
RE : Cole / Curry
SLB: Kendricks / Jordan
MLB : Ryans / Matthews
WLB : Chaney / Gooden
LCB : Rodgers-Cromartie / Marsh
NCB : Boykin
SS : Allen / Armstrong
FS : Chung / Coleman / Anderson
RCB : Asomugha / Hughes

K : Henery
P : McBriar
LS : Dorenbos

Also, no Meco, I didn't steal the Fisher pick, I had this mock halfway done for a week now Laughing

Any questions on a pick ask away.

Last edited by EaglesFan5-36-81 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
LOLKevinKolb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a reason the Pats won't be bringing Chung back. I'm not even entirely sure he's an upgrade over Coleman.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
And use the boners for soup to survive through the winter

Bird Watch: Keelan Johnson - one magnificent tackle
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're picking at 19 and taking Fisher, where do you have Lewan and Joeckel going? I'd also prefer if we brought in a safety[and assuming Moore is tagged] it would be Delmas or Phillips.

Overall looks pretty good though.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLKevinKolb wrote:
There's a reason the Pats won't be bringing Chung back. I'm not even entirely sure he's an upgrade over Coleman.

Yes, he's a bit injury prone, but he's A LOT better than Coleman.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
If we're picking at 19 and taking Fisher, where do you have Lewan and Joeckel going? I'd also prefer if we brought in a safety[and assuming Moore is tagged] it would be Delmas or Phillips.

Overall looks pretty good though.

Lewan and Joeckel are both top 15 picks, possibly top 10 picks.

I have Moore being re-signed in Atlanta, possibly tagged depending on if they can lock up Grimes, which I think they can.

Phillips has no knee left, and Detroit will tag Delmas.

Hence I went with Chung. I also think both of Eric Reid and TJ McDonald will push to be top 15 picks.
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I also think both of Eric Reid and TJ McDonald will push to be top 15 picks.

What are your thoughts on Matt Elam for us at 19?
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:
I also think both of Eric Reid and TJ McDonald will push to be top 15 picks.

What are your thoughts on Matt Elam for us at 19?

I think of Elam as more of a 2nd-3rd round guy than a top 20 player.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philips & Byrd >>>>>> Chung. Byrd will be resign almost 100%

I would prefer Matt Moore to Hasselbeck.

Position wise draft is pretty good, I would prefer if you gave some explanation on some of those picks especially from the third round and down, since I know few of those players.
Caldwell is probably losing his "Starting" spot to a rookie, and he have been sharing or even lost his spot to Mike Briesel.

btw how is this halfway? 5/16?

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
oland11

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...WHICH ONE IS ERIC FISHER? I see a bunch of small dudes hugging.

And if Pat Chung and Jarius Byrd is available we should pursue Byrd. He is better than Chung imo

Liked the Hasselbeck signing.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Philips & Byrd >>>>>> Chung. Byrd will be resign almost 100%

I would prefer Matt Moore to Hasselbeck.

Position wise draft is pretty good, I would prefer if you gave some explanation on some of those picks especially from the third round and down, since I know few of those players.
Caldwell is probably losing his "Starting" spot to a rookie, and he have been sharing or even lost his spot to Mike Briesel.

btw how is this halfway? 5/16?

meant 1/4, even though its a little over.

Hasselbeck gives more of a veteran presence.

Pretty sure Byrd will be re-signed as you said, and Phillips probably will too.

Caldwell was injured no? Even so I doubt he will be handed the job, but will battle Watkins.

Fisher is #79, who is clearly the tallest guy and the only guy in that photo wearing on OL number oland.
Meco

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the draft. If he's got his head on straight Da'Rick Rogers is a beast and a legitimate competitor for #1 WR in the class. So good.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:

Fisher is #79, who is clearly the tallest guy and the only guy in that photo wearing on OL number oland.

He's also the one with Fisher on his jersey

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure you forgot to put RCB on the depth chart.

If we do go 9-7 then I agree for the most part on how things will play out, but I don't think we'll go 9-7... at least I certainly hope not.

~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
1,628 yards, 10 TDs, 7 INTs, 82.0 Passer Rating
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
Love the draft. If he's got his head on straight Da'Rick Rogers is a beast and a legitimate competitor for #1 WR in the class. So good.

He's the Janoris Jenkins of this class in the fact he's arguably the top player at his position, but his off field issues and getting kicked off a team hurt him a lot.

Talent wise he reminds me a lot of Dwayne Bowe.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Pretty sure you forgot to put RCB on the depth chart.

If we do go 9-7 then I agree for the most part on how things will play out, but I don't think we'll go 9-7... at least I certainly hope not.

RainbowCarebear is playing for the Eagles???

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: