Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sooo...Jerron Mcmillian...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kal-El

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I read about him, after we picked him in the 4th, he sounded a lot like how I remembered Nick Collins as a prospect: compact, speedy DB who tore it up at a small football program. Watching him play, thus far, has only solidified that for me.

I have a good feeling about him.

But, like Collins at this stage of his career, he needs to work on his hands!
ajdodge09

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal-El wrote:
When I read about him, after we picked him in the 4th, he sounded a lot like how I remembered Nick Collins as a prospect: compact, speedy DB who tore it up at a small football program. Watching him play, thus far, has only solidified that for me.

I have a good feeling about him.

But, like Collins at this stage of his career, he needs to work on his hands!

I remember Collins dropped everything at the beginning of his career...amazing the strides he made.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It definitely took a few years for the game to "click" for Collins. He was all-pro once it did though. I think the most exciting thing about our secondary is how good it's looked without Davon House. If he can come in and make a big contribution, that back end is gonna be incredible!

God, family, and the Green Bay Packers; in that order.
blankman0021

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
It definitely took a few years for the game to "click" for Collins. He was all-pro once it did though. I think the most exciting thing about our secondary is how good it's looked without Davon House. If he can come in and make a big contribution, that back end is gonna be incredible!

House was flashing in TC and that first PS game. Shame he got injured.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
Don049293

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes he has looked great and FAST

He has helped the defense every since him and sheilds came in second Half of 49ers game
palmy50

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are keeping everything very simple for him right now so I'm not real sure how good he is just yet. Sure as hell athletic enough though. Even more so when you look at the type of player he is. Man looks like a fast Bigby!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
They are keeping everything very simple for him right now so I'm not real sure how good he is just yet. Sure as hell athletic enough though. Even more so when you look at the type of player he is. Man looks like a fast Bigby!

The simple thing kinda puzzles me, simple seems to have worked great the past two weeks. Why make it more complex? Just to confuse QBs? Or what? I mean makes me wonder if sometimes coverages being blown is due to Dom getting too complex and people not remembering down to the foot their positioning...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how much is it gonna cost to re-sign shields?

El Ramster on the amazing work
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
At first I read that "as fast as Bigby" I thought there was no way that was accurate, made more sense when I read it properly. I assumed they'd been keeping it simple for him, does it look like it is affecting Burnett at all, with how they're limiting McMillan's use?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chucknorris101 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

The simple thing kinda puzzles me, simple seems to have worked great the past two weeks. Why make it more complex? Just to confuse QBs? Or what? I mean makes me wonder if sometimes coverages being blown is due to Dom getting too complex and people not remembering down to the foot their positioning...
Who have they played against at quarterback the last two weeks? Brees, Stafford and Romo are not a rookie making his third start or the easily rattled Cutler. There's always Keep It Simple Stupid but eventually you'll encounter a passing offense that can find lanes in the Packers man coverage.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:

1st round tender 2.75 mil or so
2nd round tender 1.9 mil or so
round drafted (7th in Shields case) 1.25 mil or so
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:

1st round tender 2.75 mil or so
2nd round tender 1.9 mil or so
round drafted (7th in Shields case) 1.25 mil or so

he'll prolly get a 1st round tender i'm guessing

it'd be really nice if we could keep house, shields, and hayward. be a great future core.

El Ramster on the amazing work
GreenNgoldGirl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
justo wrote:
I honestly like all our DBs besides Jennings. I think all of them have the upside to be starters in the NFL (except maybe Bush, still quality depth)

I'm wondering at what point do we not pay Bush anymore. I understand his role but I feel that money could be better spent elsewhere.

I have been saying this for a long time!
palmy50

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chucknorris101 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

Very much so THIS!

Hell, in many ways the crazy stuff Capers pulls on the backend are what makes his system. Press, man, off, trail, zone! It's crazy all the pre/post looks that man gives ya. Clearly you need the right guys back there. But if you have them, no system out there will lead to more balls in DB's hands.

Now, I get your point also. Fact is, you can't pull all the man he has been playing of late if you don't have the legs to do so! Last year Capers did not have the legs, got zone heavy/simple and got picked apart back there. Simple is OK if you have CB's that can hang.

Remember also that the Capers 30 has a long history of getting a good bit better by years end. Why? Because by years end they can pull his "complex" fits much better.

Every system has it's pros and cons. One of the core issues many outsiders have with Capers system is that it's so youth/injury sensitive. Give Capers the talent and the time though, and I like his fits as much as any. Sadly, money ties and turnover has made a Capers like system much harder to pull off than it was 15 years ago. Vets are at a premium in his fit and younger/cheaper is todays NFL.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that is lost in all of this Talk about McMillan is how good Sam Shields has been actually playing... He has been a revelation this year!!! Even in the run game he has been improved, at least effort wise. Soon enough we will have an embarrassment of riches at the CB position! With Tramon, Shields, House, and Heyward we are looking at loads of talent!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: