Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4 GDT: Bears at Cowboys 7:30 CDT ESPN MONDAYYYYYYYYYYYY
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IronMike84

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slaymont Harris wrote:
I just get annoyed by the conspiracy theory garbage, where people see a shot of Jay and read into it with all sorts of wild things, like he doesn't respect Tice, he's not a leader, he hates his teammates, he's a bad person; whatever. You could just as easily read positive things into these shots if you wanted (like Jay is firing up Webb to get him to play better, etc.).

The media doesn't even present it as "theories," they present it as fact, and thousands of gullible fans buy into it.

Biggs tweeted after the game about how Jay was snippy during the post game presser. I asked him if the media can't take what they could dish out. No reply.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best part about this win is that the Bears weren't supposed to win, at least if you watched NFL Network and ESPN's programming all week, right up to the pregame.

So this is the kind of win I love. It's great to see the Bears get disrespected all week long and then destroy their opponent, and this was probably the best example I've seen since the NFC Championship Game vs. NO.
Bowler1215

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got done watching the game, minus the last couple minutes. I get the feeling our offense is like our D. We can get the yards, but we make it hard to score, anyone else feel the same? our offense moved the beal quite well, and our offense did score 20 points, so cant complain there. I just wish we could be this way all year long(score 20+ on offense) Our D was solid again. 5 takeaways, 2 for scores. Only 1 sack though, but give credit to Dallas for runs, short quick passes to slow our pass rush. Cutler played good, this is the Marshall we traded for. O-line played good. If our offense gets going, we'll be hard to beat. We play Jacksonville next, I sense trap game for us.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
For those who care (and it may just be GOGRIESE and myself) the Tigers are 2 outs away from ending the White Sox season.

Sad Sad

Its been a terrible terrible last few weeks.
They won 3 out of 13 during that stretch.

But realistic fans knew the Sox had no real shot in the playoffs (barring the always possible miracle) because of the youth of the pitching staff. The team has been bad since the All Star break. We still need to get Denks back healthy but we will be legitimate contenders next year. And Peavy will have to be replaced more than likely.

Notwithstanding our pitching our biggest problem the second half has been hitting and the inability to score with men on base killed us. Of course, walking an excessive number of men didn't help either but the drop-off by everyone but Rios and AJ hurt big time. And Dunn's strikeouts were murder, I could barely stand to watch him hit.
bears2308

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowler1215 wrote:
Just got done watching the game, minus the last couple minutes. I get the feeling our offense is like our D. We can get the yards, but we make it hard to score, anyone else feel the same? our offense moved the beal quite well, and our offense did score 20 points, so cant complain there. I just wish we could be this way all year long(score 20+ on offense) Our D was solid again. 5 takeaways, 2 for scores. Only 1 sack though, but give credit to Dallas for runs, short quick passes to slow our pass rush. Cutler played good, this is the Marshall we traded for. O-line played good. If our offense gets going, we'll be hard to beat. We play Jacksonville next, I sense trap game for us.

I feel as if any bad team we play after a win is considered a "trap game". The Jag's are awful. Blaine Gabbert defines bust and their strong suit on offense is ours on defense. MJD is still a great back but if we stop him, we stop their offense. This should be a blow-out.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
For those who care (and it may just be GOGRIESE and myself) the Tigers are 2 outs away from ending the White Sox season.

Sad Sad

Its been a terrible terrible last few weeks.

Very Happy

Yeah I know how bad the Cubs have been and will be, I'm used to it. But I loooooooove watching the downfall of the once 1st place White Sox.

Kids got tired....Sale especially

Agreed. Real shame too. Stayed in it just long enough to make me believe, then they ripped out my heart, and only made it hurt worse tonight by scoring 11 runs tonight after not hitting at all for 2 weeks.

Going to be a different pitching staff next year.

I'd like to see them work out something to bring Peavy back but my gut tells me he's gone. He pitched well enough this year to win 19 or 20 games if he had even average run support.
Peavy is gone and was a very bad deal for the Sox. What did he get for pitching one year? 30-40 million. He had some bad luck the first half of the year but then only had a few games where he pitched well the entire game. Peavy could not avoid the bad inning or the bad pitch at the worst possible time the last half of the year.

No way the Sox are going to over pay for him again. The real question is are they going to re-sign AJ (far more important than Peavy) and Yuk? And Alex may be up too.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:

$22M Option for next year is a HUGE number.

Yeesh. If he would accept a 2- or 3-year deal I could see the Cubs going after him.

Is that our first sack given up tonight?
No way the Cubs will sign Peavy. Not only will he be gigantically overpaid but the Cubs will get even younger next year. They are not going after veterans especially overpaid ones.

They have been laughable for decades and it is not going to change from anything I can see and I LIVE on Waveland Ave.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
I have nothing but great things to say about Webb after tonight, this is what Tice sees when he looks at his giant lump of clay. Make no mistake folks for as awful as Webb has been, his ceiling is as high as any OT drafted since Jake Long.

MM, Jay did have the one fumble.
Shocked My god..........
I call a spade a spade, I'm as hard on Webb as anybody, but his size/strength/athleticism/length, if the light goes on for him he can basically become an absolute wall on the left side.
Earlier this year I pointed out that the decision to gamble on Webb was a big deal for the Bears future because if it works (and I am in the minority that sees that it is) it anchors our line for a decade and allows us to us our resources building up the rest of the team.

This is why I have been adamantly defending him. If we can stop the merry-go-round on our line the future looks bright. With a player like Webb coaching is paramount because of his background did not include a lot of great coaching. Webb may be Angelo's Revenge.

When you start out running the ball Webb's play improves and the rushers are not as effective.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
I think one of the reason Webb’s play has improved over the last two weeks is having a more physically OG playing inside him…I still not solid on Rachal as a long term starting option at LG for us but if we can resign Louis to start at RG…draft a talented LG & resign Rachal to be our backup guard we would look pretty strong across the Oline if the OTs continue their level of play.
The biggest reason is that they have been using the run better and are chipping when appropriate.

This is why I was screaming about the GB game plan not doing that. You MUST run at Mathews.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Slaymont Harris wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

But as for the second part of your post, it's just one more thing the media can criticize him for.

From my point of view, Jay and Tice just need to have a good working relationship. If they are dropping F-bombs on each other on the sideline at one point during a game but end up hugging each other and laughing after the game, it's all good. Things get emotional during a game.

I just get annoyed by the conspiracy theory garbage, where people see a shot of Jay and read into it with all sorts of wild things, like he doesn't respect Tice, he's not a leader, he hates his teammates, he's a bad person; whatever. You could just as easily read positive things into these shots if you wanted (like Jay is firing up Webb to get him to play better, etc.).

Yeah even Jay was saying that in the post game interview. He basically told the media that they make mountains out of mole hills, make headlines out of nothing and give unnecessary hype to everything. They just like to pick on him.
Sports reporters are little different from Political reporters. You can't believe a thing out of either set of liars.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I researched the first half and Webb played really well even on plays where he did not get a ton of help.

This or the Eagles game last year are easily his best games.

What I saw from Webb last night was some nasty as he was pushing after the whistle and really standing up to guys.

I heard somewhere his mom was at the game, he is from Texas, Jay might want to fly mama Webb out to every game.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
I researched the first half and Webb played really well even on plays where he did not get a ton of help.

This or the Eagles game last year are easily his best games.

What I saw from Webb last night was some nasty as he was pushing after the whistle and really standing up to guys.

I heard somewhere his mom was at the game, he is from Texas, Jay might want to fly mama Webb out to every game.
LoL, you said it. She might have whipped up a mess of turnip greens before the game.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
Blaine Gabbert defines bust...

How did Blaine Gabbert get drafted 10th overall? Nobody was even talking about this guy until maybe a week or two before the draft.
RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just quickly re-watched the game and have to say, although we only had one sack there was still some good pressure from that D-Line. There are many times when Romo is forced to evade pressure or quickly throw to his hot receiver. The guys that stood out for me were Melton, Idonije and Wootton, they seemed to be the ones that consistantly got in to the backfield and forced numerous quick throws. I'd say Wootton probably got the most pressure on the night out of our linemen, he's been really impressive so far. Shea didn't have his best game as a Bear but did have a couple of flashes, got a hand on Romo once and Orton once and could have still had a sack or two on another day.
2014 Adopt-a-Bear: FS #45 Brock Vereen
Tackles: 0 || Interceptions: 0 || Forced Fumbles: 0
CBears019

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^

Yeah I'm real happy to see Wootton get playing time and take advantage of it. It sucked to see him inactive almost every game the past few years (mostly due to injury). I really pumped him up after the draft, so he better live up to they hype I spread. Laughing

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 40 of 41

Jump to: