Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fire Frazier Now...
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thestonedkoala

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Fire Frazier Now... Reply with quote

Yes, I know the season is young. And that we are just coming off a bad game. But how many games now have we seen Frazier call that are just terrible? That he makes zero adjustments and appears to be one of the most relaxed coaches in the NFL? I rather see what Bill Musgrave can do at this point and let him take the reigns than have Frazier call another game.

His defense is bad (and for a good defensive coach, that's saying something). His offense is woefully under utilized. He doesn't seem to trust Ponder. He is making the same mistakes Childress.

And why not fire him and put the Open for Business sign this early on? Makes the search much, much more easier as we can evaluate everyone and see what's on the market and see who's available.

Who wouldn't want to coach a kid like Peterson or Harvin? Have a solid young QB in Ponder? Have some solid lineup in guys like Khalil, Harrison and Robinson?
biggsohnasty

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When facing the potential moves like making a head coach, one has to consider all situations that a coach would be walking into.

Yes we do have some talent, but obviously we dont have that much.

A fan sees it as 2 of the most explosive playmakers in football, a young franchise LT, a young up and coming QB, an elite pass rushing DE and a couple of solid young pieces in the secondary.

An unbiased party may see it as a RB coming off major knee surgery inching towards that purgatorial age of 30, a WR with migraine and durability issues, a QB who is physically limited, a DE towards the end of his prime and young pieces in the secondary who were not highly heralded and lack great upside.

Couple that with the fact that we are located in a small market, and who knows how our ownership is with flexibility with coaching/management decisions and you have a situation that seems a little less desirable.

We are not going to go get a coach like Cowher or Dungy because they will simply not want to come here for anythng less then the richest contract for a coach in the NFL along with management and personel decisions.
Swaps

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to give it a shot. Hire me...

It doesn't matter if Frazier is doing a terrible job or not... who is available who is going to do better right away. nobody. There are garbage players in starting roles on this team. We have 1 receiver, and he's a slot guy, we just traded for a tall athletic CB, and he never sees the field. Our garbage linebackers get killed when they're supposed to cover. I'm a HUGE Greenway fan, but he can't cover for crap.

There isn't a single man who can take this team over and tough out 10 wins this season. There is no point in firing Frazier week 2.

"the more I like you, the more I want to smash your face into the ground." -- Jared Allen
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
thestonedkoala

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swaps wrote:

It doesn't matter if Frazier is doing a terrible job or not... who is available who is going to do better right away. nobody.

It does matter. Simply going, well, we tried our best and we're not going to do anything sends a terrible message to the players. Firing Frazier might, you know motivate the players a bit more and make them feel a bit insecure about their jobs.

Quote:

There isn't a single man who can take this team over and tough out 10 wins this season. There is no point in firing Frazier week 2.

There is a lot of points. Frazier has had this job for almost two full seasons. He has shown very little in that time. How much longer are we going to accept it? No one is expecting 10 wins. We're expecting to show improvements not only on the field but off of it as well.
Frank Costello

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like him much either, but week 2 would do both sides no good.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the Colts game, if we had had one less penalty and won the game, would anyone still be clamoring for Frazier's dismissal? over reaction to a bad game and a bad loss.

the disruption at the move wouldn't justify it.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
The Gnat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said he should be gone at the end of last season, but at this point in time, he might as well get a shake through the whole season or at least until week 13-14 range and then we could audition a potential replacement. But right now, I'll give him the chance until the end of the season. While he can scream and yell at the players about dumb penalties, that was on the players more than him.

milanb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Fire Frazier Now... Reply with quote

thestonedkoala wrote:
Yes, I know the season is young. And that we are just coming off a bad game. But how many games now have we seen Frazier call that are just terrible? That he makes zero adjustments and appears to be one of the most relaxed coaches in the NFL? I rather see what Bill Musgrave can do at this point and let him take the reigns than have Frazier call another game.

Umm, maybe I'm missing something, but if the offensive play selection stunk, which seems to be the thing that everyone is complaining about, then how is it Frazier's fault and not Musgrave's? As far as I know Musgrave calls the offensive plays.

Frazier tends to be much more hands-on with the defence and if anything the defence played much better in the 2nd Half than in the 1st.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frazier hired Musgrave. Frazier wants a 1974 offense. The defense is awful right now. But it is too late to fire them for this year.
skywindO2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never been a fan of Frazier so normally I wouldn't be too upset with firing him, but getting rid of him now would be a huge mistake. Any replacement midseason will undoubtedly come from within the organization. Who on the staff would actually make a good replacement? Mike Priefer is probably the best coach on staff, but he's not head coach material.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
milanb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
Frazier hired Musgrave. Frazier wants a 1974 offense. The defense is awful right now. But it is too late to fire them for this year.

OK, but the original poster in this thread was arguing that the Frazier should be fired and replaced by Musgrave.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
this providence

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He should have never survived past last season to begin with... Same goes for Spielman and not only are they both still here, the latter was promoted to a new title. Explain that...

Years from now Frazier will be viewed in the same light as Steckel. Both he and Spielman have turned a team that was competitive and entertaining into a completely inept bunch in a hurry. If Spielman is going to firing his second coach, maybe he shouldn't be around to pick the third. Just a thought.

Last edited by this providence on Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh noes...the Vikings didn't go 16-0 like they should have...it's time to Fire Frazier.

If the team is 1-7 or 1-8, I think it's okay to start discussing this, but it's been 1 loss. Jiminy Christmas, I personally feel this is a ridiculous conversation to have now.

However, trying to objectively discuss this, VD is correct. The disruption it would cause at this moment in time would not beneficial to anyone. And seriously, considering Musgrave to be the replacement? I think Spielman pulling a Kevin McHale would be a better option than Musgrave. And the reality is that there is no one on this staff that has head coaching experience...except for Mike Singletary.

this providence wrote:
Both he and Spielman have turned a team that was competitive and entertaining into a completely inept bunch in a hurry.

It seems that there is a little bit of revisionist history here...the Vikings have had 4 seasons above .500 in last 11 years. Plus, considering even when the Vikings were winning under Childress, people here stated that they were winning in spite of Childress and that it was not entertaining (for the most part).

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical overreaction thread after a loss. Its one game, we have 14 more. There is simply no shred of evidence to suggest that Frazier should be fired now, so I honestly dont see the point in this thread since it stand little chance of happening.

You cant rebuild and have a seamless transition. It doesnt work, there will be lumps along the way. No matter what HC is brought in, they will have the same struggles as Frazier. Why not just stick with Frazier and see what he can do than firing him now. There is zero benefit.

I like Bill Musgrave and would be interested in seeing what he can do as a HC, but now is not the time.
this providence

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
this providence wrote:
Both he and Spielman have turned a team that was competitive and entertaining into a completely inept bunch in a hurry.

It seems that there is a little bit of revisionist history here...the Vikings have had 4 seasons above .500 in last 11 years. Plus, considering even when the Vikings were winning under Childress, people here stated that they were winning in spite of Childress and that it was not entertaining (for the most part).

Revisionist history? How so? Childress' teams continually improved every season and his "KOA" actually looked pretty impressive with a real QB under center. Whether that's on Favre doing his thing or not, there was no denying they were definitely a quality team before Childress' disastrous half season.

What we've seen from Frazier is same exact thing that we seen from him that day he took over in said season. Let me ask you this, in what ways has Frazier grown as a coach to where he is now? What about this roster? This team looks in no better shape today than where they were at that point. And that's concerning.

Admittedly, I wasn't a big Childress fan from the start and certainly stated as much around this place often. But given the choice between he or Frazier, I don't even think it should be up for debate.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: