Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Safety corp remains thin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
the thing i notice about Sanford is that he always seems to be close to loose balls on the field.

He has a nose for the action too. Very willing to throw his body around in run support and we have seen that with some of his forced fumbles he has caused.
Klomp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took this quote from another thread:

vikingsrule wrote:
That is awesome that Blanton stepped into the starting role seamlessly, maybe he can be a player who can compete for a permanent starting job opposite of Smith. Blanton seems like a physical and smart player.

Jamarca Sanford continues to show remarkable progression.

Aren't you one of the guys leading the TJ McDonald bandwagon?!

I think we are solid with Smith as a starter and Sanford as a high level backup, at worst. That means there are likely just two roster spots available for next year. I too like what Blanton can potentially bring us, but if we are looking at him as a potential starter, is drafting a safety in the 1st or 2nd the proper value?

And where does that leave Mistral? Are we giving up on him? Could he move to corner?
TearsOfPurple

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the first time......ever, I'm happy with our safeties.

Bridgewater's response to "Teddy Time"
Quote:
Itís not [nice], Iím still the young guy here and I still have a lot to prove and I still have a lot to work for.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Took this quote from another thread:

vikingsrule wrote:
That is awesome that Blanton stepped into the starting role seamlessly, maybe he can be a player who can compete for a permanent starting job opposite of Smith. Blanton seems like a physical and smart player.

Jamarca Sanford continues to show remarkable progression.

Aren't you one of the guys leading the TJ McDonald bandwagon?!

I think we are solid with Smith as a starter and Sanford as a high level backup, at worst. That means there are likely just two roster spots available for next year. I too like what Blanton can potentially bring us, but if we are looking at him as a potential starter, is drafting a safety in the 1st or 2nd the proper value?

And where does that leave Mistral? Are we giving up on him? Could he move to corner?

I would love to add TJ McDonald, I think he is going to be an excellent player. However, if Sanford, Blanton or even Raymond can step up as a starter, there wouldnt be as much need for McDonald.
Purple-Pride07

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
I would love to add TJ McDonald, I think he is going to be an excellent player. However, if Sanford, Blanton or even Raymond can step up as a starter, there wouldnt be as much need for McDonald.

I prefer Robert Lester to T.J. McDonald. He's more in the mold of Mark Barron, with slightly less physicality, but better natural ball skills. Both are quality, class prospects which will cap a significantly better safety class than last years, regardless.

"When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality."
--Joe Paterno.
Klomp

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanford interview: http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Under-The-Lights-with-Jamarca-Sanford/acde4ca7-a4c4-4eb3-86d0-6f501908c951
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safety Mistral Raymond returned to practice Wednesday, participating on a limited basis 24 days after he dislocated his ankle in Week 3. It is highly unlikely he would play Sunday.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/174680161.html?refer=y

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Safety Mistral Raymond returned to practice Wednesday, participating on a limited basis 24 days after he dislocated his ankle in Week 3. It is highly unlikely he would play Sunday.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/174680161.html?refer=y

No reason to rush Raymond in, I think we are fine with Sanford starting the next two weeks. Given that the Vikes have a short week next week, I wouldnt expect Raymond to play until the Seattle game at the earliest. Though Sanford is probably a better fit at Safety against a team like Seattle, who has a more physical offense and run game.

I would shoot for getting Raymond in the starting lineup against the Detroit Lions on Nov. 11.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: