Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NBA 2K13 -- Online Association -- Season 2 / Openings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phillybul

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand trades with CPU are a no go. You need to prevent teams from being gutted because you could have new owners wanting in and who wants to see a team that doesn't even make sense. There can be fair deals made but I dig no CPU trade rule.

Don't restrict human trades involving stars. Some people have certain styles of play but you are taking on a team that may not have guys that fit how you play. What teams wouldn't do in real life kind of conflicts with the idea of an online franchise because we are building our teams not what real life teams would do. If someone wants to swap Rose for CP3 that's fair game.

I have a question tho what are the thoughts on off ball and on ball defense? Playing zone all game and controlling the guy in the paint and letting CPU play your defense? I hope this league doesn't have cheesers. I'm big on all ball defense.
ya boy hollywud

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phillybul wrote:
Don't restrict human trades involving stars. Some people have certain styles of play but you are taking on a team that may not have guys that fit how you play. What teams wouldn't do in real life kind of conflicts with the idea of an online franchise because we are building our teams not what real life teams would do. If someone wants to swap Rose for CP3 that's fair game.

I get what you're saying. You do have a valid point and I'll probably end up leaning this way.

Quote:
I have a question tho what are the thoughts on off ball and on ball defense? Playing zone all game and controlling the guy in the paint and letting CPU play your defense? I hope this league doesn't have cheesers. I'm big on all ball defense.

I can't control what people do because there's no way to police whether someone is playing on-ball defense or not. Personally for me, I like to control my PG on defense, so I defend the other teams PG and try to play passing lanes.

I don't have issue with people playing zones all the time, man defense, etc.
bigc421

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i play on ball about half the time. I like to adjust the way i defend throughout a game. I dont see whats "cheese" about shadowing the offenses best player or sagginv off the offenses weak link

And my boy who wants nets tag is - Lanskydgreat420

Last edited by bigc421 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total
YellowSCRE4MS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you put it on Simulation sliders instead of the default ones? It makes the gameplay better imo.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah you cant prevent zone so I dont expect that. Just curious how people were gonna play. Playing zone all game takes no skill. Basically letting cpu to do the work for you. Like your mom having you sit on the bed as she irons the clothes that she picked for you in the morning. Only you're not a toddler.
ya boy hollywud

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phillybul wrote:
Yeah you cant prevent zone so I dont expect that. Just curious how people were gonna play. Playing zone all game takes no skill. Basically letting cpu to do the work for you. Like your mom having you sit on the bed as she irons the clothes that she picked for you in the morning. Only you're not a toddler.

I don't agree with that. Playing effective zone does take skill. There are so many holes in a zone defense, you have to be really good at usering and constantly switching guys around, covering open areas, etc. Plus, against teams like the Heat, what other chose do you have but to play zone at times? Can't guard Wade and LeBron 1v1 consistently.
ya boy hollywud

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YellowSCRE4MS wrote:
Can you put it on Simulation sliders instead of the default ones? It makes the gameplay better imo.

I haven't even looked at the sliders. Are simulation sliders and option or would I have to go through and change every slider individually?
nbaker1933

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phillybul wrote:

teams with solid shooters kill zone.
ya boy hollywud

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 17 teams taken, I just updated the list on the first page. I'll try to get a few more guys in here. If anybody has any friends who are on often, let me know their GT and what team they want.

All the games will be unlocked from the start.
adam9

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it up yet?

No rush or anything but I'm on my phone and can't scroll through all of the thread. Just trying to get in before it starts.

I'm just looking to make a trade or two if I can. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zone is easy as heck to beat. The CPU doesnt get up in players face consistently so if you pass pass pass shoot you will find someone open.
YellowSCRE4MS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya boy hollywud wrote:
YellowSCRE4MS wrote:

I haven't even looked at the sliders. Are simulation sliders and option or would I have to go through and change every slider individually?

Yea its an option. All you have to do is switch it from default to Sim. Theres like three options, its default, simulation, and custom. Its in the sliders menu.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a)when will league be up
b)what are the rules for free agents? 1st come first serve? Lowest rated team gets 1st dibs? ect?
c)Trades? Doesnt seem like even half the league is here on FF so im just wondering the best way to get things out there as far as opening up talks for potential trades.

Anyone who is interested in anyone on the Bulls let me know, im a try to make my team the very best i can kind of GM so i'll listen to any and everything(doesnt make it likely to happen). I'd really like to add another shot blocking big man and my boy(Nets) is all over me trying to get Deng. Any offers for the Nets can also be sent to me for the time being, he is looking to make his team more defensive minded and G.Wallace and B.Lopez are on the block
bigc421

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This league still plan on starting on friday? Hope everyone hasnt lost interest all ready
ya boy hollywud

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I understand, the roster update came out today, so I'll check it out shortly and make the league. I'll send messages to everyone on xbox live with the information so they can join.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 4 of 14

Jump to: