Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Are we being to hard on Freeman?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
klopp24


Joined: 22 Feb 2007
Posts: 475
Location: Sconnie
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
klopp24 wrote:
Geno Smith would look good in Pewter Wink I willl admit Freeman was Balling in the 2nd half, but where is that the whole game? He def has accuracy issues.

One of the most annoying things i have on Freeman is that after most of his incompletions he looks at the WR like they did wrong. Which i'm sure at times they do, But many times its his accuracy.

I don't know what the defense runs on any given play, but if the receiver is open against zone he should stop and sit there. That's like WR 101.

But Free has had some ugly throws.


Your absolutely right!! WRs should know this.....But those are things that should already be figured out by week 4. Unless our WRs are that big of airheads...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
YoungBucs15


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 3833
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:
I just don't see Schiano drafted an athletic QB. A pocket QB is what it looks like he prefers, i'm fine with us taking Barkley. I know people around here aren't big on him but the kid is one of the best to come out of USC, thrown a few 6 td games, the most 5 td games in USC history and i believe several 4 td games. Only thing is he can't beat Stanford, but hey Manning couldn't beat Florida so i'm not worried about that. Plus it doesn't hurt i'm a huge USC fan.


Quote:
On Sunday Countdown, ESPN's Chris Mortensen stated that "It's been mistakenly assumed (Matt Barkley) would be the lock No. 1 quarterback for the 2013 draft."
Mortensen likely means in the public's eye, since Barkley has been mentioned in the same breath as last year's top two quarterbacks prior to the 2011 Draft. We feel the same since we have considered Arkansas senior Tyler Wilson a better prospect and now have moved West Virginia's Geno Smith ahead. And that is only considering the seniors. Barkley is in total command of USC's offense, but aside from his placement and touch he does not offer any outstanding traits. Sep. 30 - 11:41 am et


You done? How many USC qb's must fail in order for u USC fans to stop? Like its never happened.


Like all USC Quarterbacks are the same.


Mark Sanchez, Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, Sean Salisbury, Rodney Peete, Pat Haden, Matt Cassel, Bill Nelsen, Pete Beathard, Vince Evans, Paul McDonald, Todd Marinovich, Rob Johnson AND John David Booty.

Hmmm 14 USC qb's, 1pro bowler, 1(backup) SB title........... You done?


we can kinda do that for most programs. So since there has only been 4 qb's from West Virginia, should we hold that against Geno.

major harris
marc bulger
jeff hostetler
pat white

I don't know many USC fans that believed that Leinart or Sancez would do great. Palmer was once considered an elite talent until that injury, but we'll leave that part out as it's easier to make a point if we ignore that. I was actually glad Sanchez left so Barkley could start. I'm partially confused how you can be in command of the offense but only offer 2 traits.

I'll post some stat lines without the players names and you tell me who you would pick based just off that.

cmp att yards comp% YPA TD INT
308 446 3528 69.1 7.91 39 7
287 477 3819 60.3 8.00 37 11
234 350 3286 66.9 9.4 32 6
346 526 4385 65.8 8.34 31 7
316 499 3353 63.3 6.7 18 11

Just curious what people think. I know picking a QB is not based of stats. Just curious at the QB's people pick without knowing names.

Also just rank them 1-5 so we can find out the order you would draft all of, them.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bucsfan333


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 28987
Location: the mitten
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmp att yards comp% YPA TD INT 
1.) 308 446 3528 69.1 7.91 39 7
3.) 287 477 3819 60.3 8.00 37 11 
2.) 234 350 3286 66.9 9.4 32 6
4.) 346 526 4385 65.8 8.34 31 7 
5.) 316 499 3353 63.3 6.7 18 11 
_________________
Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 80 Tackles (14 for loss) | 2 PDs | 2 FFs | 1 FR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
YoungBucs15


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 3833
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually may start a thread on this idea where you pick players around just stats and see what type of offense and defense you would have solely based off college stats.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8229
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^

Hm I don't necessarily need names what about the strength of competition and supporting cast. Give me an RPI to that. ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
YoungBucs15


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 3833
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
^^^^

Hm I don't necessarily need names what about the strength of competition and supporting cast. Give me an RPI to that. ?


The hard part is some players are much older and to find that stat may be hard, only reason i left it off was to make it fair across the board. All are from D1 schools in major conferences.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bucsfan333


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 28987
Location: the mitten
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I win???
_________________
Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 80 Tackles (14 for loss) | 2 PDs | 2 FFs | 1 FR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
YoungBucs15


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 3833
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
Did I win???


i'm gonna let some people pick before this, may move this to another thread since it's not completely about "being hard on Josh Freeman."
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8229
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Did I win???


i'm gonna let some people pick before this, may move this to another thread since it's not completely about "being hard on Josh Freeman."


All I know is 3 of those 5 consist of the following:

- josh freeman
-mark Sanchez
- Sam Bradford.

Am I right lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
YoungBucs15


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 3833
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Did I win???


i'm gonna let some people pick before this, may move this to another thread since it's not completely about "being hard on Josh Freeman."


All I know is 3 of those 5 consist of the following:

- josh freeman
-mark Sanchez
- Sam Bradford.

Am I right lol


1 out of 3, had to include Freeman since the thread was about him. But no guessing names, you can keep them to your self and i should be starting a new thread here shortly with more players
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8229
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
cmp att yards comp% YPA TD INT 
1.) 308 446 3528 69.1 7.91 39 7
3.) 287 477 3819 60.3 8.00 37 11 
2.) 234 350 3286 66.9 9.4 32 6
4.) 346 526 4385 65.8 8.34 31 7 
5.) 316 499 3353 63.3 6.7 18 11 


This. Agreed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Buccaneer4life


Joined: 27 Jan 2007
Posts: 3529
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think Geno Smith will be a big time NFL QB? I havent watched alot of WV games but it seems to me like he is in a system where you know where the ball is going when you call the play. In other words he doesnt go through his reads and that might lead to staring down receivers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucsfan333


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 28987
Location: the mitten
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems to sum up most people's thoughts on Freeman.
_________________
Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 80 Tackles (14 for loss) | 2 PDs | 2 FFs | 1 FR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
canadabuccaneer


Joined: 20 Jan 2010
Posts: 889
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
This seems to sum up most people's thoughts on Freeman.


Laughing

I don't think I'm ready to fall off the Freeman bandwagon just yet. Although another game like Dallas and that will change in a hurry.
_________________


#EmbraceTheSuck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RoeKG


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4233
Location: PA
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:
I just don't see Schiano drafted an athletic QB. A pocket QB is what it looks like he prefers, i'm fine with us taking Barkley. I know people around here aren't big on him but the kid is one of the best to come out of USC, thrown a few 6 td games, the most 5 td games in USC history and i believe several 4 td games. Only thing is he can't beat Stanford, but hey Manning couldn't beat Florida so i'm not worried about that. Plus it doesn't hurt i'm a huge USC fan.


Quote:
On Sunday Countdown, ESPN's Chris Mortensen stated that "It's been mistakenly assumed (Matt Barkley) would be the lock No. 1 quarterback for the 2013 draft."
Mortensen likely means in the public's eye, since Barkley has been mentioned in the same breath as last year's top two quarterbacks prior to the 2011 Draft. We feel the same since we have considered Arkansas senior Tyler Wilson a better prospect and now have moved West Virginia's Geno Smith ahead. And that is only considering the seniors. Barkley is in total command of USC's offense, but aside from his placement and touch he does not offer any outstanding traits. Sep. 30 - 11:41 am et


You done? How many USC qb's must fail in order for u USC fans to stop? Like its never happened.


Like all USC Quarterbacks are the same.


Mark Sanchez, Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, Sean Salisbury, Rodney Peete, Pat Haden, Matt Cassel, Bill Nelsen, Pete Beathard, Vince Evans, Paul McDonald, Todd Marinovich, Rob Johnson AND John David Booty.

Hmmm 14 USC qb's, 1pro bowler, 1(backup) SB title........... You done?


So do all stigmas about positions and schools from the 60s apply?

Of that list you have 3 1st rounders, with one being elite and the other 2 pretty much being busts. Sounds about right for 1st round QBs. You're comparing guys who went undrafted and late round picks to a sure fire 1st round pick. Barkley is also the only QB out yet to come out under Lane Kiffin which should mean something.

By the way, compile any list of any position from any school and you'll see similar success, so.... you done?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group