Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WR is going to be a need in 2013.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:46 am    Post subject: WR is going to be a need in 2013. Reply with quote

I hate to say it and I want to be wrong but I think going into next years Free agency and Draft WR may well be our biggest need.

Greg Little is not getting better as he should be. Now I still believe i he can be a very good WR in the NFL. I also believe it's not going to happen. He is starting to remind of Braylon Edwards with his attitude.

MoMass. Injured again and I'm not sure we will resign him with his concussion issue's.

That leaves us with Gordon a talented rookie who is flashing ability but it's really to early to tell how he will work out

Benjamin another talented rookie but someone I think is to small to be a number 1 or 2 WR.

Bearing that in mind if I'm right ( i want to be wrong and i could well be) and we want to give Weeden a shot we will need to add a ture number 1 WR.

Thoughts?

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO WR is one of the positions we dont have to place focus on in next years draft.....as Greg Litte has not played 20 NFL games yet......and this is after eseentially only playing 2 years of college football....give him some time IMO....WR sometimes need little time to develop.....

We drafted a WR this year....Rookie Travis Benjamin

We drafted a WR next year already.....Josh Gordon

We still have Josh Cooper on the Practice Squad.....

We have a Rookie QB....so our WR's and QB have played 3 total games together.....IMO not enough time to judge....

IMO.....lets give this thing some time to develop.....

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as i have hope that some pan out, i tend to agree with Horny here.

I wish we still had that 2nd rounder, though I do think Gordon could be the guy that pans out.

Little is looking bleak in my eyes, though it is early.

MoMass just can't stay on the field and isn't anything special when he does.

I have hope for Travis.

Sadly we need to focus on DE, CB or LB in the 1st this year.

I think we could shore up 1 if not both of those spots in FA though.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, technically WR is the only absolute we can say will be addressed in the 2013 draft because we already spent a 2nd rounder on one. To spend anything more than a low round pick on a project or diamond in the rough would be a mistake to me.

I know how Haslam feels about FA's, but it seems so obvious to me that we should get a WR through that route... Greg Little is the predominate "vet" on this corp, and I think that's why you're seeing him do his poses when he gets a first down in a game we're losing. If you had a real, proven veteran, I feel like that would be addressed with a "Hey man, cut that crap out."
Pruitt3443

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone even have any idea what the FA WR group is supposed to look like this upcoming offseason?

I do not want to draft another WR unless someone falls into our lap late as to me wide receivers seem like the biggest crapshoot in any draft with an awful lot of "can't miss" guys over the years never amounting to much in the NFL.

I would like a younger veteran or two in FA, without getting one with the prima donna attitude so many of todays wideouts seem to possess.
DawgX

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WR very well may be a big need in 2013, but I'm not sure if that's definitely the case. Greg Little could still end up being a very good receiver. Some people act like he's not good at all, but remember, he was second in the league for rookie WRs in receptions last year. Considering the QB play was bad and he had no help from the other WRs or the running game, that's an impressive feat to accomplish. Also, many WRs take about three years to develop. That could be the case with Little, especially considering how raw he was entering the league.

We also don't know what we have in Josh Gordon. The fact that he's done anything at all so early in his career is somehwhat surprising to me. He didn't play college football last year and came from a very gimmicky offense. I thought he wouldn't see much playing time until late this season at the earliest. It's far too early to know what the Browns have in him yet.

Massaquoi looks much improved, but he has to stay healthy. Benjamin looks pretty good for a rookie drafted in the fourth round. I hope that Norwood starts to see playing time. If he fails to do anything, hopefully Cooper will somehow get playing time this year to show what he's capable of.

I imagine it wouldn't hurt to add a receiver next offseason, but I'm not sure how much of a necessity it will be. It might be a big necessity or it might not be much of a necessity at all. Let's see how the receivers develop throughout the season.

Smack on the sig.
buno67

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well duh we already drafted a WR in 2013 ppl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we are giving up on Josh Gordon before we technically even draft him?

Justin Blackmon has come out flat for 3 straight weeks now does Jacksonville need to draft a WR next season?

You've got to be kidding me. Typical Cleveland fans.

We have three young and talented WRs with a combined 25 NFL games and we are throwing in the towel? Rolling Eyes

Jamison on the sig
DawgX

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
So we are giving up on Josh Gordon before we technically even draft him?

Justin Blackmon has come out flat for 3 straight weeks now does Jacksonville need to draft a WR next season?

You've got to be kidding me. Typical Cleveland fans.

We have three young and talented WRs with a combined 25 NFL games and we are throwing in the towel? Rolling Eyes

Are you surprised? It's really ridiculous to think that the Browns definitely need new receivers. Little is in his second year and like I said, he had a good rookie year even after considering the problems he's had with drops. Gordon is very raw and it's going to take time for him to develop. Those two could very well become Clevealdnd's top two receivers. I'm not saying they definitely will, but it'd be stupid to give up on them already. WR is one of the hardest positions to adjust to in the NFL, and both of them didn't play college ball the year before entering the league. Like I said before, Gordon also came from a gimmicky offense where he didn't have to run difficult routes. If those two develop, Cleveland could have a pretty good receiving corps with Benjamin, Massaquoi, etc. as the other receivers.

Smack on the sig.
fte88

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pruitt3443 wrote:
Does anyone even have any idea what the FA WR group is supposed to look like this upcoming offseason?

I do not want to draft another WR unless someone falls into our lap late as to me wide receivers seem like the biggest crapshoot in any draft with an awful lot of "can't miss" guys over the years never amounting to much in the NFL.

I would like a younger veteran or two in FA, without getting one with the prima donna attitude so many of todays wideouts seem to possess.

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=WR&y=2013
buno67

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fte88 wrote:
Pruitt3443 wrote:

the most likely WR i could see the Browns going after is Steve Smith or Bowe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
fte88 wrote:
Pruitt3443 wrote:

the most likely WR i could see the Browns going after is Steve Smith or Bowe

I would love to get Bowe

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:
IMO WR is one of the positions we dont have to place focus on in next years draft.....as Greg Litte has not played 20 NFL games yet......and this is after eseentially only playing 2 years of college football....give him some time IMO....WR sometimes need little time to develop.....

We drafted a WR this year....Rookie Travis Benjamin

We drafted a WR next year already.....Josh Gordon

We still have Josh Cooper on the Practice Squad.....

We have a Rookie QB....so our WR's and QB have played 3 total games together.....IMO not enough time to judge....

IMO.....lets give this thing some time to develop.....

I don't see another rookie helping out this situation. Noe do I see a top tear FA WR coming to Cleveland where it looks like we blow up our coaching staff every couple years.

Stick with the guys we got and maybe try to draft another guy in 2014 if needed

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No notable FA is coming here.

Some Cleveland fans may be too far into the forest to see the trees, but this organization is an absolute mess right now.

No agent can reasonably advise a client to sign with a franchise who may fire its head coach (for the 5th time in 13 years), GM and president and move in a 'new' direction.

Unless we significantly outbid the market, we're going to be building through the draft.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
well duh we already drafted a WR in 2013 ppl

No we didn't draft a WR in 2013. We used a 2013 draft pick to get a rookie WR in 2012.

Also I'm far from giving up on any of them except one. Little who I haven't given up on but I'm very worried about.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: