Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

An O-line heavy draft....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nodefense

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: An O-line heavy draft.... Reply with quote

1a) OT Chris Faulk LSU

1b) OG Barett Jones Alabama

2) RB Jonathin Franklin UCLA

3) OLB Arthur Brown Kansas St

4 ) C James Ferentz Iowa

5 ) S Shawn Williams Georgia

6 ) RB Kenyon Barner Oregon

7) S Jawanza Starling USC

Why ? Jackson will be gone. The NFC West has some tough defenses. Bradford gets hit way to much.

Last edited by nodefense on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brodie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naw atleast one of those first round picks will be a WR. The top3 WRs in this draft are better than Blackmon in last years draft. We would be dumb to not pick one of them up

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
nodefense

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brodie wrote:
Naw atleast one of those first round picks will be a WR. The top3 WRs in this draft are better than Blackmon in last years draft. We would be dumb to not pick one of them up

I totally disagree. No Jackson and no O-Line = no Bradford ! No Bradford means nobody to throw to all these WR's that everyone seems to want. Bradford is now the offense. You had better figure out a way to keep him healthy ?!

They have drafted Pettis. Kendricks, Quick and Givins in the last two drafts. Time to replace Jackson and keep Bradford healthy, IMHO.

The Rams are solid on defense but probably not the best in the division. What they do have is a young QB and alot of high draft picks. They can leap frog the rest of the division in offense next season

The following year they can worry about WR....if Quick, Givins and Pettis have'nt developed by then.

The three biggest weaknesses are OL and Safety....and with Jackson leaving, some one to help replace him ?

Last edited by nodefense on Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Brodie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nodefense wrote:
Brodie wrote:

I totally disagree. No Jackson and no O-Line = no Bradford ! No Bradford means nobody to throw to all these WR's that everyone seems to want. No Bradford means no offense ! No balance means too much pressure on Bradford. Bradford is now the offense. You had better figure out a way to keep him healthy ?!

They have Pettis. Kendricks, Quick and Givins from the past two drafts. Time to replace Jackson and keep Bradford healthy, IMHO.

You better keep your QB healthy, because the NFC West has some of the tougher defenses in the NFL.

The Rams are solid on defense but probably not the best in the division. What they do have is a young QB and alot of high draft picks. They can leap frog the rest of the division in offense next season

The following year they can worry about WR....if Quick, Givins and Pettis have'nt developed by then.

The three biggest weaknesses are OL and Safety....and with Jackson leaving, some one to help replace him ?

He can have all the time in the world but if his WRs dont get open and cant catch the ball what good is it?

One of the pics for sure should be OL but both is a bit too much, this offense needs PLAYMAKERS

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it sorta... Is it realistic? Not one bit.
nodefense

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:

Why ? I'll agree it's way to early to tell where everyone will go. But the Rams would be nuts not to fix the o-line....in this draft. Next year they can worry about the skill positions.
nodefense

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Brodie"] He can have all the time in the world but if his WRs dont get open and cant catch the ball what good is it?

How did Fitzgerald and Arizona do while giving up 9 sacks ? Having a pro bowl reciever meant 7 points and a loss ?!
ctp2124

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:

I don't think Faulk is a first rounder. I like Matthews, Joeckel, Lewan all over him. Probably others. I also think we could do way better than Franklin in the second. I absolutely love Arthur Brown though.

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams
ramsgoooo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we take a C before the 5th..and I think if we let Jackson walk, there's no way we take a RB in the second. It would be in the first, and even then I don't think we would. Don't think we'd give up on pead that easily..I think we go
1st- WR
1st -OT
2nd- Saftey
3rd-OG
4th-olb
5th- somewhere on d-line
Then last two picks on offensive line

Sorry bout it, Oakland. You can enjoy your 1 playoff win and then get back to losing 85 games next season.

Was said in 2012^^
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones said he wants to be a OT in the NFL, the reason he moved from LT at Alabama was to get the best 5 offensive lineman on the field. They have a sophomore starting at LT this year, who has played well. I like the picks but with Snead and Fisher odds are it won't happen.

I think we may try to help address the o-line in free agency as well as the draft this year. Too many young guys and there may be more missed blocks and mess ups in protection. The o-line definitely needs to be one of the main concerns in the off-season from what we have seen so far.
chris00cm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need offensive weapons. No thanks.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
We need offensive weapons. No thanks.

Thank god, someone that agrees. We've been calling for improvement in this area for as long as this forum has existed.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
I <3 Faulk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on what we do in FA. I would love an O-Line heavy draft, and Franklin is a beast. If we sign a free agent WR then why not? Not really a Hunter fan, not too sure about how Woods is going to be as a true #1, and haven't really watched a whole lot of Allen. If we sign some weapons then sure up the O-Line, and have at it.

Nobody can stretch a page into oblivion like I can
jjab360

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a bad idea, but Jeff Fisher just doesn't draft O-linemen early very often. He believes in drafting them late and taking other team's leftovers and developing them and letting them grow together.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a huge Kansas State fan I love the Arthur Brown pick in the third. The guy has a motor, and racks up tackles. He would compete for a starting job right away. I don't know if he would make it to the third round though....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: