Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4 Lions GDT Vikings (2-1) @ Lions (1-2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Minnesota Vikings
51%
 51%  [ 18 ]
Detroit Lions
48%
 48%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 35

X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
Not really related to today's game, but what's up with Reilly Reiff? Is he a starter? How has he looked?

He's been in a handful of plays this season, but they don't really use him at all. It's been frustrating thus far.

Team Stylish313
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Cliff Avril - DL - Lions

Lions LE Cliff Avril will have an MRI on his back Monday.
Avril went down in the fourth quarter and didn't return. "I am fine right now," he said in the locker room afterward. "I am walking around, so that's a good sign." Avril had a half-sack, a tackle for a loss and three quarterback hits before leaving.

Per rotoworld. Sounds like way minor compared to reactions during game.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people are really clueless when they speak. It boggles my mind to read some stuff.

Quote:
I really would have loved if the Vikings had been able to draft Suh, but unfortunately he hasn't made the impact I thought he would

Serious? The dude gets double and triple teamed every freaking play. He is reason the LBs and DEs succeed in this scheme.

Quote:
Statistically on defense they haven't improved one bit since Fairley or Suh was drafted

Serious?

Three years in a row they were last in league or close to right before they drafted Suh. Now they are in the 15-18 range last couple years.

Looking at a BOXSCORE to determine a players value fail 101!

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
hopefully it will be a good game both fanbases can enjoy watching. too bad one team has to lose.

see you guys again, later in the year.

best of luck to you now.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
moss_is_1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
The vikes passing game was miserable today, so what. They still found a way to win through a great run game, great special teams play and timely defensive play. Basically, they made less fatal errors than Detroit.

I wouldnt call 120 yards a great run game.

NE had two RB over 100 today. That is a great run game.

Minny had a solid run game today no doubt

We also didn't have a chance to rack up near as many raw yards since we had 2 special teams touchdowns....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moss_is_1 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
The vikes passing game was miserable today, so what. They still found a way to win through a great run game, great special teams play and timely defensive play. Basically, they made less fatal errors than Detroit.

I wouldnt call 120 yards a great run game.

NE had two RB over 100 today. That is a great run game.

Minny had a solid run game today no doubt

We also didn't have a chance to rack up near as many raw yards since we had 2 special teams touchdowns....

So the fact TOP was nearly equal but Det was able to rack up raw yards?

Yea right. They had plenty of time to rack up yards. Just another weak excuse defending Ponder for his game manager status

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Some people are really clueless when they speak. It boggles my mind to read some stuff.

Quote:
I really would have loved if the Vikings had been able to draft Suh, but unfortunately he hasn't made the impact I thought he would

Serious? The dude gets double and triple teamed every freaking play. He is reason the LBs and DEs succeed in this scheme.

Quote:
Statistically on defense they haven't improved one bit since Fairley or Suh was drafted

Serious?

Three years in a row they were last in league or close to right before they drafted Suh. Now they are in the 15-18 range last couple years.

haha Thats exactly what your doing with Ponder Laughing
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nbanflguy wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Serious?

haha Thats exactly what your doing with Ponder Laughing

I've watched him play every game. It goes beyond that with him. Everyone outside Minny fan base sees game manager

It's not a bad thing but it is what he is

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
I've watched him play every game. It goes beyond that with him. Everyone outside Minny fan base sees game manager

game manager or whatever label best describes him, he's playing significantly better than last year. and that's what you want to see in a young starting QB - improvement.

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chad Greenway's statement about his hit to Calvin Johnson:

Greenway: "You feel bad about that. Obviously, I don't want to get a penalty, for starters, to hurt our team. I certainly don't want to get a fine, because my wife will yell at me. And I don't want to hurt Calvin. I don't want to hurt anybody. For me, as a player, I'm thinking, he's going to catch that ball 99 percent of the time. He didn't that time, so when I go up to try to break the ball up, my pad -- it's clear on the tape that it hits his head. What are you going to do? They're going to throw the flag and I'm probably going to be assessed a fine and that's just the way they're going to do it."

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Notebook_Percy_Harvin_Marcus_Sherels_drive_Vikings_special_delivery093012

Webmaster wrote:
Jrugges

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Chad Greenway's statement about his hit to Calvin Johnson:

Greenway: "You feel bad about that. Obviously, I don't want to get a penalty, for starters, to hurt our team. I certainly don't want to get a fine, because my wife will yell at me. And I don't want to hurt Calvin. I don't want to hurt anybody. For me, as a player, I'm thinking, he's going to catch that ball 99 percent of the time. He didn't that time, so when I go up to try to break the ball up, my pad -- it's clear on the tape that it hits his head. What are you going to do? They're going to throw the flag and I'm probably going to be assessed a fine and that's just the way they're going to do it."

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Notebook_Percy_Harvin_Marcus_Sherels_drive_Vikings_special_delivery093012

I was at the game, and he looked like he really didn't try to do the whole helmet to helmet thing. It happend though, looked sorry. I don't think he was head hunting at all.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

game manager or whatever label best describes him, he's playing significantly better than last year. and that's what you want to see in a young starting QB - improvement.

Well he couldn't get much worse then last year. He has improved be ause they dumbed down offense for him. It worked for Alex Smith and Dilfer won a Super Bowl with it.

It's smart

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Well he couldn't get much worse then last year. He has improved be ause they dumbed down offense for him. It worked for Alex Smith and Dilfer won a Super Bowl with it.

It's smart

Lol i was about to say. Theres absolutely nothing wrong with being a "great" game manager. Brad Johnson/ Trent Dilfer won super bowls off this. Heck you can even say Tom Bradys early super bowls were won this way and maybe the same with Big Bens first super bowl.

Unfortunately it looks like the Vikings will be a SOLID team throughout the year. I still don't think they're a favorite to win the division or make the playoffs but they'll finish near 8-8, imo.

Last edited by Jrugges on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Some people are really clueless when they speak.

This is amazing. How you're allowed to incite others with statements like this is beyond me.

Team Stylish
VikeADunn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Some people are really clueless when they speak.

This is amazing. How you're allowed to incite others with statements like this is beyond me.

It's actually funny coming from him....

[quote="tylerdouglass"]VikeADunn, you're my hero.[/quote]

2013 Adopt-A-Viking: DT Sharrif Floyd
Tk: 2 Sk: Stf: PD: 2 FF/FR:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 42 of 43

Jump to: