Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4 Lions GDT Vikings (2-1) @ Lions (1-2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Minnesota Vikings
51%
 51%  [ 18 ]
Detroit Lions
48%
 48%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 35

Vikefan79

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

I'm a huge fan of AP but I wouldn't be so quick to suggest the Vikings running game is better at this stage. LeShoure has fresh legs and there is a limited sample size. Peterson hasn't exactly returned to form yet and there is always the chance of a turnover when he lugs the rock.

Peterson has fumbled 3 times in 3 years and has only lost one of them.

He has 23 career fumbles and he's lost 14 of them.

How are those fumbles early in his career relevant to Sunday's game?
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:

I'm not knocking the guy. He's a solid player and a player every team wants. But as far as threats are concerned, I'm not scared of him. I've watched him plenty since college. My view of him remains the same.

I'm willing to bet Schwartz and Cunningham do not share your views.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still sounds like fans are belittling how talented the Vikings really are.

I love this ultimate underdog role. Cool

Don't sleep on the Vikings this year. Don't use last year's record as any indication for this year. Its a completely new team. There is a new energy around this team, and the head guy, Christian Ponder, has stepped up huge for us.

If it wasn't for our defense playing dumb/offense got any sort of momentum until the 4th quarter 2 weeks ago, we very well could be sitting at 3-0.

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
EnglishLion20

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions are the more talented team IMO, but all the excitement and positivity, momentum is with the Vikings haveing had a good start to the season and bringing down the 9ers last week.

Hopefully the Lions actually show up on D and special teams, and we target Calvin a little more, just let him make a play, 1 target in the first half was inexcusable last week.

Secondary will be picked apart by Ponder and I expect him to have a good day, im just hoping the Lions can come out with the W, should be a close game, hopefully the Lions can actually perform for a full game and we stop shooting ourselves in the foot as much as we have through this season.

Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
38andy38

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH Simpson is the one that frightens me the most. His ability to stretch this D and the kind of time opposing QBs have seen so far could result in some big chunks of yardage being given up. The Lions' safeties may allow him to get behind them and Ponder has shown he will make the right decisions. The defence may get lulled to sleep early with all the underneath stuff to Harvin and Rudolph and then get burned by Simpson.

I'm hoping the home crowd makes it difficult for Ponder and since this is a divisional game I fully expect a raucous crowd.

It will be frustrating to watch the Lions come out of the gate and allow the Vikings to force them to avoid Calvin early. I'm hoping Linehan has something in his gameplan that gets Calvin involved early and pumps the crowd up into a frenzy.

I like the coaches plan of using Joique Bell as their closer. He is showing that he deserves a role and I hope he continues with his success. He is easy to cheer for.

2013 Adopt A Lion - Reggie Bush
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MN loves to run the bubble screens, drags and flairs with Percy Harvin, they do it often, so Detroit will need to have its LBs step up. They cant afford to take bad angles or missed tackles because Harvin is so explosive and he can quickly turn a pass behind the LOS into a 10 yard first down. Its a play MN runs often and has a lot of success with.
Maverick12

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
QB Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson fully participating in #NFL practice #fantasyfootball

Via Anwar Richardson twitter.
Looks like any questions of Stafford starting or not have been put to rest.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

I'm a huge fan of AP but I wouldn't be so quick to suggest the Vikings running game is better at this stage. LeShoure has fresh legs and there is a limited sample size. Peterson hasn't exactly returned to form yet and there is always the chance of a turnover when he lugs the rock.

Peterson has fumbled 3 times in 3 years and has only lost one of them.

He has 23 career fumbles and he's lost 14 of them.

How are those fumbles early in his career relevant to Sunday's game?

You can't just pick an choose stats. It's a fact that he's fumbled more than three times. How is that not relevant to Sunday's game? Because they didn't all happen in the last three years? The fact is that he's fumbled 23 times. It's something the Lions could potentially take advantage of if he makes a mistake.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
You can't just pick an choose stats. It's a fact that he's fumbled more than three times. How is that not relevant to Sunday's game? Because they didn't all happen in the last three years? The fact is that he's fumbled 23 times. It's something the Lions could potentially take advantage of if he makes a mistake.

Peterson completely changed the way he carried the football after the 2009 season, which is the sole explanation as to why his fumbles greatly decreased. What he did prior to 2010 is not really relevant to Adrian Peterson of today. Players get better, players improve technique. Peterson did have one fumble last week, but I think he is just as likely to fumble the ball as any RB in the league at this point. He clearly has not been fumble prone the past two years with the new technique in place.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:

Peterson completely changed the way he carried the football after the 2009 season, which is the sole explanation as to why his fumbles greatly decreased. What he did prior to 2010 is not really relevant to Adrian Peterson of today. Players get better, players improve technique. Peterson did have one fumble last week, but I think he is just as likely to fumble the ball as any RB in the league at this point. He clearly has not been fumble prone the past two years with the new technique in place.

Right, and that's why I mentioned that if he makes a mistake that the Lions could potentially take advantage of it.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly, that is a generic point that can be directed at any RB in the league. If LeShoure fumbles the ball and the Vikes can take advantage of it, that would be huge for the defense. Given what we know of Peterson and his ball handling skills from the 2010 and 2011 season, with his new technique in place, he is actually better than most RBs at not fumbling (only had 1 in 2010 and 1 in 2011).

I am not saying Peterson wont fumble, but to say that he is fumble prone and the expectation that he fumbles more often than the typical RB isnt really fair considering the work he has put in to fix the issue. Which he clearly has corrected.

I get the argument but I dont see it as one that favors any team as it really applies to both teams. The team that limits turnovers and mistakes will win. This applies to Matthew Stafford and Christian Ponder as well. Neither QB can afford to have a 2-3 Int game.
Kellerman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
I am not saying Peterson wont fumble

I'll say it, Peterson won't fumble.

*knocks on wood

#97 Everson Griffin: 27 tackles : 5.5 sacks : 1 FF ; 16 games played
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:

Don't sleep on the Vikings this year. Don't use last year's record as any indication for this year. Its a completely new team. There is a new energy around this team, and the head guy, Christian Ponder, has stepped up huge for us.

If it wasn't for our defense playing dumb/offense got any sort of momentum until the 4th quarter 2 weeks ago, we very well could be sitting at 3-0.

Oh, I see. If a Lions fan suggests the Lions are better we are belittling the Vikings. When a Vikings fan claims the Vikings are better its simply truth.

Go away with the double standard.thats simply ridiculous.

If it wasn't for teams making mistakes everyone would be 3-0.

I could make the same lame excuses for the Lions every time they drop a game.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish

Last edited by diehardlionfan on Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

Oh, I see. If a Lions fan suggests the Lions are better we are belittling the Vikings. When a Vikings fan claims the Vikings are better its simply truth.

Go away with the double standard.thats simply ridiculous.

SteelKing is very enthusiastic in his postings, they don't have to be taken literally. he''s sometimes very creative in his word choice and exclamations too.

but we love him.

Very Happy

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
The Lions are by far the best offence the Vikings will have seen. As for your comments about the Jaguars defence I totally disagree. The Jags don't have a good defence and they're a solid contender for the first overall pick.

I expect LeShoure is going to have a big day and CJ.....CJ is CJ he could have a huge day.

I expect Suh, Avril, and Fairley to have some success. The Lions defence applied just as much pressure on Smith as the Vikings did. 3 sacks 4 TFL, 4 QB hits.

So we will have to see how Sunday unfolds. Looks like Vegas has a fair idea how it will turn out.

I am not sold on LeShoure having a "big day", but maybe a solid day like last week. MN largely contained MJD and Frank Gore, I just dont see LeShoure getting over 4.0 per carry and nor do i see the Lions running the ball with him 25+times.

The Vikes OTs have been phenomenal this year, they didnt give up a sack to the 49ers. Matt Kalil has been exceptional in pass protection and Loadholt has been surprisingly good. Cliff Avril will be the 3rd best pass rusher faced this year for MN (Aldon Smith and Robert Mathis being the two better pass rushers). I am concerned about the Vikes interior still, Suh is always someone team's must account for.

In terms of the Vikes pass rush, expect to see a lot of Everson Griffen at OLB and DE. Griffen has as many sacks as Cliff Avril as a reserve pass rusher Wink. Chad Greenway and Erin Henderson both have 2 sacks a piece, and Jared Allen has a sack. Though Allen seems to have big games against Detroit as of late.

How have the Lions OTs being playing? Is Riley Reiff getting any action?

Vegas isnt reliable, they didnt have a clue last week (SF vs MN) Laughing

The only thing LeShoure has to do is make the Vikings account for him and while his sample size is small I think they will be paying attention to him.

Detroit's online has played well. The lions are first in passing offence and 14th in rushing offence so there aren't any complaints.

I'm glad to hear Loadholt is figuring things out. I'm a Sooners fan and lead foot has always been more problem than solution.

If I were the Vikings I be much more concerned about the DT's than the DE's. Suh, Hill and Fairley are a handful. The Viking do catch a break because Williams is out.

Detroit has been playing the run better than past years. The LBers have been closing gaps well.

My main concern on the Lions is special teams play. As a fan I worry about Harvin in the return game much more than as a receiver.

Vegas is right more often than they're wrong. Upsets happen as its part of the game. The Vikings are on the road and the Lions are going to be P.O. After the loss to the Titans.

If I'm the Vikings I'm going to be very concerned facing the Lions pass heavy offence. Their defence hasn't faced a top passing attack yet and the best passing attack they faced was lead by a rookie QB and the Vikings lost.

On a side note, how has All Day looked? I see is YPC is down quite a bit from his career average. Is he able to cut without losing speed? I've been concerned about how he would recover from his injury.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 3 of 43

Jump to: