Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4 Lions GDT Vikings (2-1) @ Lions (1-2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Minnesota Vikings
51%
 51%  [ 18 ]
Detroit Lions
48%
 48%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 35

vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
We're back home, in the dome, in our last game before the BYE. We got Broyles, LeShoure, Houston and Bentley back on the field last week. I expect the rust/butterflies to be gone and they have a better game.

Honestly, AP is the only thing that scares me about their offense. Ponder is okay and Harvin is a good duct tape player, but neither scare me in any way. If we can contain AP (we can't stop him), then I think we win the game.

Really need to protect Stafford. Saw Reiff get some snaps on offense last week. Wouldn't mind seeing him again this week.

I think it'll be closer than it should be, I'm picking the lions to win and head into their BYE with a 2-2 record.

You hvaent been paying much attention to the season this year if Rudolph and Harvin dont scare you as threats. Rudolph is money in the redzone and if the Vikes get down there, that is where the ball will be going.

As for Harvin, he doesnt scare you? I cant take that comment seriously, there are so many things he does for the Vikes offense, so many looks you have to worry about. He could be out wide, in the slot, at RB, at HB.

Harvin leads the NFL in receptions and all purpose yards.
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
We're back home, in the dome, in our last game before the BYE. We got Broyles, LeShoure, Houston and Bentley back on the field last week. I expect the rust/butterflies to be gone and they have a better game.

Honestly, AP is the only thing that scares me about their offense. Ponder is okay and Harvin is a good duct tape player, but neither scare me in any way. If we can contain AP (we can't stop him), then I think we win the game.

Really need to protect Stafford. Saw Reiff get some snaps on offense last week. Wouldn't mind seeing him again this week.

I think it'll be closer than it should be, I'm picking the lions to win and head into their BYE with a 2-2 record.

You haven't watched Percy play enough this year then. Harvin is easily our best player right now. Should be a great game if the Vikings can get the lead early so the pass rush can get going I think the Vikings win.

Vikings 27
Lions 21
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the way the Lions have been playing as of late I'm a lot less confident in this game than I was going into the season.

Biggest concern is stopping Percy Harvin. Ponder looks much improved over last year and the Vikings very well almost beat us twice last year.

I want the Lions to show me something and have an impressive victory so hopefully me picking against them will result in that.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:

You hvaent been paying much attention to the season this year if Rudolph and Harvin dont scare you as threats. Rudolph is money in the redzone and if the Vikes get down there, that is where the ball will be going.

As for Harvin, he doesnt scare you? I cant take that comment seriously, there are so many things he does for the Vikes offense, so many looks you have to worry about. He could be out wide, in the slot, at RB, at HB.

I can say the same thing about your point of view. If you we're paying attention you would know Detroit is far more talented than the Vikings.

The only way Detroit fails to win this game is if they implode.

The entire Vikings team only has 6 receptions of 20 yards or greater and Harvin has 3 of those but has failed to find the end zone. By comparison the Lions have 16 passing plays of 20+ yards with CJ having 9. So CJ has 1.5 times as many plays of 20+ yards as the entire Vikings roster. Even if CJ is removed from the equation Detroit has more.

Minnesota has the 18th ranked passing offence so, it's not exactly a frightening aspect of their game.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:

I can say the same thing about your point of view. If you we're paying attention you would know Detroit is far more talented than the Vikings.

The entire Vikings team only has 6 receptions of 20 yards or greater and Harvin has 3 of those but has failed to find the end zone. By comparison the Lions have 16 passing plays of 20+ yards with CJ having 9. So CJ has 1.5 times as many plays of 20+ yards as the entire Vikings roster. Even if CJ is removed from the equation Detroit has more.

Minnesota has the 18th ranked passing offence so, it's not exactly a frightening aspect of their game.

But it's been pretty damn effiecent. Also two of our games this year came against the niners and Jaguars who both have very solid defenses. Detroits defense is the worst one the Vikings have seen yet. I expect Percy and Adrian to have a big day.

The Vikings have the superior running game and defense the D-Line got great pressure on Alex Smith and if they can do the same this week I think the Lions could be in for a long day.

Hoping for No Injuries. Should be good game division games usually are.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:

The Vikes have had a starting WR out of action all year (Jerome Simpson) and he is now back. He is suppose to be that down field threat. I do agree that the Vikes downfield passing attack is lacking, however, they sustain drives and have been doing a good job at putting point on the board. Its been very methodical, we viking fans are hoping Simpson can add some chunks.

If we are throwing rankings around:

The Vikes have the 10th best pass defense, the Lions have the 24th (avg. not yards)

The Vikes have the 7th best run defense and the Lions have the 12th best (avg. not yards)

As for the Lions being more talented than the Vikes, its much more closer than you think. In fact, the vikes have the Lions beat at several positions. Sure the Lions are superior at QB, WR and DT but MN clearly has a better running game and Oline, a better group of DEs, probably a better or equivalent LB corp, and easily a better secondary. Of course having an upgrade at QB is huge for Detroit, but lets not act like Stafford is playing great football this year.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:

our team has more wins than you. so there.

Very Happy

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:

Like I said, he's a good duct tape player, but he doesn't scare me. Adrian Peterson, even gimpy, scares me. Percy Harvin does not.

Sig by Smack

2014 ADOPT-A-LION: DEVIN TAYLOR
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

The Vikes have had a starting WR out of action all year (Jerome Simpson) and he is now back. He is suppose to be that down field threat. I do agree that the Vikes downfield passing attack is lacking, however, they sustain drives and have been doing a good job at putting point on the board. Its been very methodical, we viking fans are hoping Simpson can add some chunks.

If we are throwing rankings around:

The Vikes have the 10th best pass defense, the Lions have the 24th (avg. not yards)

The Vikes have the 7th best run defense and the Lions have the 12th best (avg. not yards)

As for the Lions being more talented than the Vikes, its much more closer than you think. In fact, the vikes have the Lions beat at several positions. Sure the Lions are superior at QB, WR and DT but MN clearly has a better running game and Oline, a better group of DEs, probably a better or equivalent LB corp, and easily a better secondary. Of course having an upgrade at QB is huge for Detroit, but lets not act like Stafford is playing great football this year.

I'm a huge fan of AP but I wouldn't be so quick to suggest the Vikings running game is better at this stage. LeShoure has fresh legs and there is a limited sample size. Peterson hasn't exactly returned to form yet and there is always the chance of a turnover when he lugs the rock.

Defensive ends. Allen hasn't exactly exploded out of the gate this year. Secondary goes to the Vikings because Detroit doesn't have one.

Detroit is far superior on offence and the Vikings are far superior on defence but if both teams play to their capabilities I take Detroit every day.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoneWithTheWind wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:

But it's been pretty damn effiecent. Also two of our games this year came against the niners and Jaguars who both have very solid defenses. Detroits defense is the worst one the Vikings have seen yet. I expect Percy and Adrian to have a big day.

The Vikings have the superior running game and defense the D-Line got great pressure on Alex Smith and if they can do the same this week I think the Lions could be in for a long day.

Hoping for No Injuries. Should be good game division games usually are.

The Lions are by far the best offence the Vikings will have seen. As for your comments about the Jaguars defence I totally disagree. The Jags don't have a good defence and they're a solid contender for the first overall pick.

I expect LeShoure is going to have a big day and CJ.....CJ is CJ he could have a huge day.

I expect Suh, Avril, and Fairley to have some success. The Lions defence applied just as much pressure on Smith as the Vikings did. 3 sacks 4 TFL, 4 QB hits.

So we will have to see how Sunday unfolds. Looks like Vegas has a fair idea how it will turn out.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:

Like I said, he's a good duct tape player, but he doesn't scare me. Adrian Peterson, even gimpy, scares me. Percy Harvin does not.

I think after this game, your mind could be changed when he is consistently getting little chunks to put the offense in manageable down and distances.

I get what you are saying, Harvin doesnt really scare teams as a down field threat, that is true. However, he compliments the Vikes passing game wonderfully and having someone like Harvin who will constantly put your offense in good situations has really benefited Ponder this year.

The wildcard for the Vikes offense is really Jerome Simpson. We have only see him in the pre season and he could be a threat to keep an eye on. Certainly someone who isnt worth losing sleep over, but if Simpson can provide any spark as a down field threat that would open the running game up and Harvin underneath.

Teams still stack the box to stuff Peterson and slow the short passing game, and for MN to take that next step offensively, they need more dynamic down field plays. I think this weeks game is the perfect game for MN to try and open things up with Simpson back and with the Lions secondary as a clear deficiency.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
The Lions are by far the best offence the Vikings will have seen. As for your comments about the Jaguars defence I totally disagree. The Jags don't have a good defence and they're a solid contender for the first overall pick.

I expect LeShoure is going to have a big day and CJ.....CJ is CJ he could have a huge day.

I expect Suh, Avril, and Fairley to have some success. The Lions defence applied just as much pressure on Smith as the Vikings did. 3 sacks 4 TFL, 4 QB hits.

So we will have to see how Sunday unfolds. Looks like Vegas has a fair idea how it will turn out.

I am not sold on LeShoure having a "big day", but maybe a solid day like last week. MN largely contained MJD and Frank Gore, I just dont see LeShoure getting over 4.0 per carry and nor do i see the Lions running the ball with him 25+times.

The Vikes OTs have been phenomenal this year, they didnt give up a sack to the 49ers. Matt Kalil has been exceptional in pass protection and Loadholt has been surprisingly good. Cliff Avril will be the 3rd best pass rusher faced this year for MN (Aldon Smith and Robert Mathis being the two better pass rushers). I am concerned about the Vikes interior still, Suh is always someone team's must account for.

In terms of the Vikes pass rush, expect to see a lot of Everson Griffen at OLB and DE. Griffen has as many sacks as Cliff Avril as a reserve pass rusher Wink. Chad Greenway and Erin Henderson both have 2 sacks a piece, and Jared Allen has a sack. Though Allen seems to have big games against Detroit as of late.

How have the Lions OTs being playing? Is Riley Reiff getting any action?

Vegas isnt reliable, they didnt have a clue last week (SF vs MN) Laughing
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:

I'm a huge fan of AP but I wouldn't be so quick to suggest the Vikings running game is better at this stage. LeShoure has fresh legs and there is a limited sample size. Peterson hasn't exactly returned to form yet and there is always the chance of a turnover when he lugs the rock.

Peterson has fumbled 3 times in 3 years and has only lost one of them.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

Peterson has fumbled 3 times in 3 years and has only lost one of them.

He has 23 career fumbles and he's lost 14 of them.
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:

I think after this game, your mind could be changed when he is consistently getting little chunks to put the offense in manageable down and distances.

I get what you are saying, Harvin doesnt really scare teams as a down field threat, that is true. However, he compliments the Vikes passing game wonderfully and having someone like Harvin who will constantly put your offense in good situations has really benefited Ponder this year.

I'm not knocking the guy. He's a solid player and a player every team wants. But as far as threats are concerned, I'm not scared of him. I've watched him plenty since college. My view of him remains the same.

Sig by Smack

2014 ADOPT-A-LION: DEVIN TAYLOR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 2 of 43

Jump to: