Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Adopt A Raider Write Ups: Week Three

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Adopt A Raider Write Ups: Week Three Reply with quote

Past weeks:
Week 1
Week 2

Week 3. This is a little bit late and that's my fault. I've been busy with career fairs, exams, hw, and catching colds and dealing with them. I will say this though: last week was a little light on posts and substance. Let's try to step it up if not this week for the late post then next week for sure. Onto my dude.

Player:
Michael Huff

Stats:
4 tkl (3 solo)

Performance:
You know you're going to have an interesting time watching your Adopted Raider when he's playing another position. That he isn't very good at. And starting. Against a really good group of opponents.
Huff lined up at CB this week. And it wasn't pretty. He frequently did not look comfortable out there in his new position. He wasn't sure how far to line up, he didn't know how to get his hands on his man, and he didn't know how to play the ball. He looked lost. But to be fair, he was lined up against Mike Wallace a lot so I suppose I'm cool with him lining up far off to prevent that guy from going deep. He didn't let up any deep catches I can remember so that's a plus, I guess.

Next up:
It's Denver week. And Huff is likely going to play CB again. This week I'm looking for him to look he has something of a clue out there. He is going against Manning/Thomas/Decker so its not an easy task, but as long as he makes some progress at CB then I'll be happy with his play. Assuming he doesn't get beat like a drum.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
Rolni

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyvon Branch

Played the run really well. Coverage was bad by the hole sec. i feel he was OK on alone
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy Kelly

1 Tackle

Helped keep the Steelers run game locked down. Didn't really have much of an impact when the Steeler's passed. Our D was pretty bad aside from forcing those fumbles.

jfitz812

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson Palmer

24/34 209 yards 2 TD 1 INT

It goes to show when the pressure is off of Carson, he can be the efficient passer we need for this offense. By pressure, of course, I mean pressure to carry the offense. He obviously performed very well under the pressure of winning the game. Yardage wasn't there like the first two games but this was definitely his best performance of the season.

Also, the first and only interception was clearly not his fault. I blame the A's; although they may have made up for it with today's walkoff win.

Props to cDubs14 on the sig.

Adopt-a-Raider 2012: Carson Palmer
Sonic Raider

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonic Raider reporting for Rod Streater

Still no touchdowns since week 1 and he may be out for week 4 Sad
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philip Wheeler - 11 tackles, 2 PDs, 2 FFs, 1 FRec

The Raiders D was atrocious last week but the lone bright spot was Wheeler. He is flying around, going all out on every play. Our D forced 4 fumbles against the Steelers and he was involved on 3 of those. His fumble recovery was especially key in this win as it helped us tie the game in the 4th quarter.
He was lucky not to get called when he dived at Roethlisberger's ankle earlier in the game though.

This week he's facing a QB he's very familiar with having played 3 years with him in Indianapolis. Hopefully, it will help him get in position to make a few more big plays. We'll surely need it if we hope to get the W.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: