Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tweet Thread?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ataal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Tweet Thread? Reply with quote

I figured it would be nice to see some of the recent tweets from the team. Anyone follow Alex Smith? He's got a great sense of humor. Before the Green Bay game, he tweeted something like, "I'm going to destroy the Packers.......on Madden 13 when I get home."

Anyway, his most recent is a good sign!

AlexSmith ‏@11_AlexSmith
“@mattbarrows: Thump, thump, thump ... Brandon Jacobs returns to practice for the #49ers... http://sacb.ee/NRCq4x ” Is that a fat joke?

I liked seeing this one, too:

Anthony Dixon ‏@Boobie24Dixon
Jus got done with practice,,feel like I'm getting better! Really tho,I Felt amazing today Smile

If anything else, it's good to see our guys having confidence.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Alex Smith has a twitter. I'm thinking that is an impostor.

EDIT: The profile claims as much:

Quote:
@11_AlexSmith
NOT QB of the SF 49ers. Alex Smith parody account. Sarcastic Alex Smith.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D'oh! Totally missed that. Well, regardless, it's cool to see the other guys talk about their visit in Ohio and practicing in the rain today.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have any thoughts on this one?

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN
WR Mario Manningham said he does not feel as if he is clicking (yet) with QB Alex Smith. #49ersTalk http://bit.ly/TCt7ZU

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that everyone here and even the new receivers felt we would be throwing the ball more and spreading it all over the field. but we look just like we did last season and i think MM feels like he got sold. JH is a college coach so im sure he sold alot of these players like a coach would do a HS kid and tell them how good they would be and how much they would play. I think it will get better as the season goes...at least im hoping

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sure does make me wonder. We just didn't seem to adjust at all to the Vikings' defense. Kept running the same plays over and over and their defense kept shutting us down. What is that rule about the definition of insanity again?

I know Harbaugh likes to keep close to the run game and short passes, and only air it out if we're down(although we didn't seem to do much of that even being down two scores last game) by a score or two. I feel like we could be an offensive powerhouse. Maybe not to the level of the top 3 big ones last year, but top 10 for sure.

As for Mario, he did miss a week of training camp, so he's behind the curve compared to others. That may be a part of not feeling like there's chemistry there yet. We have a lot of talent on the team right now and it can be hard to spread that around, especially if you're handing it off to Gore/Hunter half the time.

Can't wait for the Jets game to see how we've adjusted.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
Anyone have any thoughts on this one?

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN
WR Mario Manningham said he does not feel as if he is clicking (yet) with QB Alex Smith. #49ersTalk http://bit.ly/TCt7ZU

Not surprising. Didn't he miss an entire week or so for his grandfather's death? Was that during TC or the exhibition? If so, that explains some of the disconnect.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: