Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I LAUGH IN THE FACE OF SUPERSTITION: PATS @ BILLS GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60, 61  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Patriots
61%
 61%  [ 21 ]
Bills
20%
 20%  [ 7 ]
OMG BILLS AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT FINN
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 34

Yibbyl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
There was a play about 6 minutes into the 4th quarter that really impressed me. It was on a swing pass from Fitzpatrick to Spiller that netted a couple of yards, but during the play Chandler Jones did something you never expect out of a rookie DE. He had the awareness to recognize that Spiller was trying to sneak out into the flat for the hot read, then stopped his rush upfield mid-stride and instead got into Fitzpatrick's passing lane to try to knock the ball down. He didn't succeed, but it's very rare for a rookie lineman to have that sort of recognition to read the RB in the backfield and fall off into coverage.

Absolutely thrilled with this kid's performance so far.

I remember that play and was expecting him to swat the ball down. The completion actually kind of caught me off guard. You guys got great value at #21 with the selection of Jones. The guy is going to be a PITA for a few years!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaZX6R wrote:
Bills used a lot of 4-1-6 formation.

Actually they had 2 LBs. But No 43 is 6'2 220lbs. Basically a S.

No wonder we ran it down their throats for 245 rush yards.

Yeah, it actually was the nickel...Scott is a LB on our team, despite his safety-like size. He played alongside Barnett, as the 2 of them are our best coverage LBers. You guys made the right call to run it down our throats. Scott can't disengage and tackle when someone gets into him. Your team exposed the weaknesses of our LB corps...can't stop the run in the nickel and can't cover in the base 4-3. We just don't have athletic enough players in those positions, yet.

I'm hoping by the time we play again either Moats or Bradham can step up their play so we can throw some interesting packages on the field. I think if nothing else, maybe we should have tried subbing in Moats (good vs. run) for Scott and seen if Brady audibled to a pass play. The way you guys were moving the ball, we had nothing to lose.

Congrats on the win. Your coaching staff earned their paychecks this week.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This actually might of been a fumble... can't be sure, Chandler might of finished that one in the endzone if it was ruled that way.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-england-patriots/0ap1000000068015/Patriots-defense-sack-0-yd-loss
Tom Brady Tribute
rabbisson

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
no irrelevant thread anymore so guess who's getting published

^this guy^

Very Happy

Published in what?

Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences!

Congratulations!

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
I remember that play and was expecting him to swat the ball down. The completion actually kind of caught me off guard. You guys got great value at #21 with the selection of Jones. The guy is going to be a PITA for a few years!

A loaf of Mediterranean bread?

Jokes aside, you guys did well in the draft too. Glenn and Gilmore look like some of your best players already.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something else I noticed that I didn't pick up on in previous games: When the Pats went to a 3CB nickel package, they typically had Sterling Moore as the outside corner opposite McCourty, with Arrington over the slot.

Which once again has me wondering just what the hell is up with Ras-I Dowling.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario Williams showed very little inside bend yesterday. And he wasn't being double teamed virtually at all. Vollmer handled him by himself.

Richter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Mario Williams showed very little inside bend yesterday. And he wasn't being double teamed virtually at all. Vollmer handled him by himself.

After re-watching the game, I'm more convinced that Vollmer should be retained (contingent on health) and Chung should be dumped. Vollmer was excellent yesterday.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really bad decision by Belichick not to challenge the spot on the Ridley 3rd & 2 run before the 2nd missed FG. Really awful spot on that play. Ridley very clearly got past the marker.

ConnPatFan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Really bad decision by Belichick not to challenge the spot on the Ridley 3rd & 2 run before the 2nd missed FG. Really awful spot on that play. Ridley very clearly got past the marker.
I remember thinking this at the time. They went to commercial and I was surprised they hadn't challenged when it came back.
Richter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:

I can understand not challenging it, even though the spot was atrocious, because the value of a challenge and timeout are worth more than the first down in that situation, and spot challenges rarely succeed. What I don't understand is why they didn't go for it. A Brady sneak easily picks that up.
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

After re-watching the game, I'm more convinced that Vollmer should be retained (contingent on health) and Chung should be dumped. Vollmer was excellent yesterday.

Considering the current state of the offensive line, I don't think there's really any alternative to retaining Vollmer. Besides, unless he has a stellar season, I'd imagine his age and all the health-related question marks will drive away aggressive suitors.

The player who was a revelation to me against Buffalo was Donald Thomas. Ran up against Dareus and Kyle Williams all game and did well. I knew he was a mobile run blocker but I didn't think he could pass protect like that.

Troy Brown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:
I don't think some of you realize the Patriots work on completely different gameplans every week, so there will never be the same schemes and philosophies as well as packages from game to game. This team has been building on ultimate versatility the last three seasons and it's starting to show. Point is, we just don't know who will get the most carries next week. That will all come down on the game-plan and who McDoodle wants to emphasize...

I think the complaint is that the Patriots drafted Vereen in the 2nd round, why can't he be used in all gameplans? I understand what you're saying but I understand the complaints, too. Thing is, I just don't think any of it is a big deal as long as someone is producing and we're winning games.

ELRammy
rabbisson

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No irrelevant thread, so I'll pose it here.

Despite Ninkovich's decent performance yesterday, anyone else think that the Patriots could be in prime position to go for another DE in the first round next year? The name that jumps out to me is Oregon DE/OLB/he can also press WRs Dion Jordan. 6 foot 7, 243 pounds. Might be a little small for BB but you know he has to love that frame and length.

Maybe will be a Dunlap type we pass on, who knows. He just strikes me as a guy who would fit this defense.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
No irrelevant thread, so I'll pose it here.

Despite Ninkovich's decent performance yesterday, anyone else think that the Patriots could be in prime position to go for another DE in the first round next year? The name that jumps out to me is Oregon DE/OLB/he can also press WRs Dion Jordan. 6 foot 7, 243 pounds. Might be a little small for BB but you know he has to love that frame and length.

Maybe will be a Dunlap type we pass on, who knows. He just strikes me as a guy who would fit this defense.

Looks like he'd be deadly on stunts. I'd love to see more of that in our defense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 59 of 61

Jump to: