Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why is There Never Competition For Jason Avant's Job?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Quick poll here

Dwayne Bowe is a free agent at the end of the year and having already been franchise tagged last year, is unlikely to get it this year

Would you pay him big money to operate mainly in the slot for the first year? Then we can not resign Maclin.

I would sign Bowe, rotate Jackson and Maclin so they both play slot and outside.

Bowe or Da'Rick Rogers/Dobson or some other big Receiver and I agree with Phire.

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
Fitz2k2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Quick poll here

Dwayne Bowe is a free agent at the end of the year and having already been franchise tagged last year, is unlikely to get it this year

Would you pay him big money to operate mainly in the slot for the first year? Then we can not resign Maclin.

I would sign Bowe, rotate Jackson and Maclin so they both play slot and outside.

Bowe or Da'Rick Rogers/Dobson or some other big Receiver and I agree with Phire.

I would be a happy camper if that happen
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitz2k2 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Quick poll here

It's either or at this point between Maclin or Bowe, can't afford both. Nor will they pay 3 WR at the same time. Only chance is through the draft.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 14 Gm/ 78 Rec/ 1207 Yds/ 10 TD/ 15.5 YPC/
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Fitz2k2 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Quick poll here

It's either or at this point between Maclin or Bowe, can't afford both. Nor will they pay 3 WR at the same time. Only chance is through the draft.

Maclin will play 1 year and leave.

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have a Dane"
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Fitz2k2 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Quick poll here

Maclin will play 1 year and leave.

This, or he will be traded.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Jroc04

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, is it Maclin or the inconsistency at QB?

808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:

Both, but we can upgrade Maclin or atleast add another good WR to the mix much easier.

Hammertime52 wrote:

"We have a Dane"
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:

I would say both.

I don't think Maclin is terrible but he shouldn't be on the same field as Desean Jackson.

Inconsistency at QB, yeah, our QB is generally going to complete around 50-60% of his throws (unless we keep up the short passing game).

I think the root of all problems is offensive line though, which is something I would like to see addressed before they even think about Avant as a problem.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Jroc04

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:

I would say both.

I don't think Maclin is terrible but he shouldn't be on the same field as Desean Jackson.

Inconsistency at QB, yeah, our QB is generally going to complete around 50-60% of his throws (unless we keep up the short passing game).

I think the root of all problems is offensive line though, which is something I would like to see addressed before they even think about Avant as a problem.

My opinion is torn. Fitz constantly has problems at offensive line and QB and still is a beast. If he doesn't put up big stats he still has a few plays where you just say, "woa". You can tell he is an elite player. Not that WRs should be held to the standard of Fitzgerald but there are games when I wonder if Maclin is even on the field. I guess if the rest of the offense is chaotic, it's hard to get an accurate judgment. However, Maclin hasn't really impressed me, really at all. He just seems like a decent compliment to a star receiver, not really capable of taking over a game, which you should have out of your number 1.

808 avy
808 wrote:
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maclin won't ever take over a game, but he's solid for the most and pretty good. He have been injured most of the year. But I think we could use an upgrade, and most important a big guy.

Hammertime52 wrote:

"We have a Dane"
PowerElite

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Maclin won't ever take over a game, but he's solid for the most and pretty good. He have been injured most of the year. But I think we could use an upgrade, and most important a big guy.

When has he been healthy? Last year Maclin fans where making excuses about his lack of health. Rolling Eyes I've been here already for two or more years and it's time for people to join me on the Maclin is weak and can't stay healthy side. Maclin has been missing snaps since his rookie season. He gets hit and out he goes...
nlesthought

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with Maclin is he isn't great at one thing.

Decent size
Decent spd
Avg route runner
Avg hands
Avg after the catch

That smells of a #2-3, I hope he realizes that come contract talks, IF the Eagles look WR at some point this offseason

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig
Jroc04

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

When has he been healthy? Last year Maclin fans where making excuses about his lack of health. Rolling Eyes I've been here already for two or more years and it's time for people to join me on the Maclin is weak and can't stay healthy side. Maclin has been missing snaps since his rookie season. He gets hit and out he goes...

Been on board the whole time. Mac is as soft as they come.

808 avy
808 wrote:
PowerElite

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
The problem with Maclin is he isn't great at one thing.

Decent size
Decent spd
Avg route runner
Avg hands
Avg after the catch

That smells of a #2-3, I hope he realizes that come contract talks, IF the Eagles look WR at some point this offseason

average size
above average speed
average quickness
below average agility (flexibility, leaping)
average route runner
below average hands
poor open field runner
poor tackle breaking
poor toughness
above average blocker

Scale:
Poor, below average, average, above average, good, excellent

His hands are below average because he has a total inability to fight for the ball in the air. There are a quite a few passes that another receiver would have attempted to snatch out of the air where Maclin gives up on the ball and may focus on insuring that the DB doesn't intercept it. If the ball isn't a great throw Maclin has no chance to get it unless it's inaccurate and low as opposed to inaccurate and high.

Jason Avant:

average size
poor speed
poor quickness
poor agility
excellent route runner
excellent hands
poor open field runner
poor tackle breaking
excellent toughness
above average blocker
Jroc04

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree for the most part. Kind of unlike me to be so one-sided but he hasn't shown me anything. Reggie Brown II.

808 avy
808 wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 12 of 16

Jump to: