Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dennis Allen at A&M Pro Day
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Power_22

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Dennis Allen at A&M Pro Day Reply with quote

Definitely looks like were interested in the A&M players which is great because there's a bunch of talented ones

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/lt-joeckel-leads-am-nfl-prospects-pro-day
Jamethus92

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's yahoo sports so take it how you will but, from this account, "Joeckel shines but Damontre Moore stumbles". At the combine, Moore did 12 reps of 225 and ran a 4.94 and only managed 19 reps this time around and couldn't re-run the 40 because he tweaked his hamstring.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/luke-joeckel-shines-damontre-moore-stumbles-texas-m-004923504--nfl.html

It seems to me that most everyone would be okay with Joeckel as the pick at #3 (looking doubtful he makes it past KC). Moore's stock just keeps on tumbling. Its at the point where I would much rather take Star provided his heart checks out or even Werner or Jordan.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiders creating a smokescreen to prevent the Chiefs trading down and getting Joeckal is my hope.

Means we could be in prime position should anyone want Geno Smith?
#clueless
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything about Christine Michael?
bitty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamethus92 wrote:
It's yahoo sports so take it how you will but, from this account, "Joeckel shines but Damontre Moore stumbles". At the combine, Moore did 12 reps of 225 and ran a 4.94 and only managed 19 reps this time around and couldn't re-run the 40 because he tweaked his hamstring.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/luke-joeckel-shines-damontre-moore-stumbles-texas-m-004923504--nfl.html

It seems to me that most everyone would be okay with Joeckel as the pick at #3 (looking doubtful he makes it past KC). Moore's stock just keeps on tumbling. Its at the point where I would much rather take Star provided his heart checks out or even Werner or Jordan.

No No No he's better suited for ZBS. Didn't you get enough of Al Davis trying to put Square pegs into round holes.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis Allen was at his alma mater's pro day? <<gasp>>

Nothing to see here. Just getting a look at players from a program he knows well. Some of you want to make a story out of nothing here.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Some of you want to make a story out of nothing here.

Welcome to the offseason.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
holyghost

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My next door neighbor looks like Dennis Allen.

I still like Moore. Not top 5, but I still like him. 19 reps is fine, improving 7 is great and proves he either busted his butt or was not lying about being hurt at the combine. He seems easily nicked though.
3 MILE LYLE

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be surprised if Moore fell to the 2nd. His off field issues are also something to take into account.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would still want the trade down for more picks. This is a deep draft and everyone wants the sexy top pick. But we need the lunch pail types that will be had in the 2nd through 5th rounds.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:

Quote:
Running back Christine Michael, who ran a 4.54 40 at 5-foot-10 and 220 pounds, has a lot of analysts excited as a player with a power-speed combination. Michael's main priority in Friday was to address rumors that he had overslept at the combine, which led him to miss meetings with a couple of NFL teams. Michael said that he was very sick in Indianapolis, and the medication he was taking caused him to oversleep. According to NFLDraftScout.com, Michael has apologized to those teams, and he has workouts scheduled with the Indianapolis Colts, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, New York Jets and Minnesota Vikings.

Quote:
*RB Christine Michael and WR Uzoma Nwachukwu were built like Greek Gods and Nwachukwu had a vertical of 39.5, a broad jump of 10.10 and ran a 4.51. The problem for Michael (who killed it at the Combine) is that his character concerns may cause him to fall to the fourth round, while Nwachukwu is more athlete than football player right now.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Texas-AM-pro-day-report.html
Sonic Raider

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:

No to Christine Michael. Bad attitude and isn't coachable.
Raidin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moore pro-day wasn't bad. Pretty much on par with Dion Jordans numbers in the shuttle and 3 cone.
holyghost

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Moore pro-day wasn't bad. Pretty much on par with Dion Jordans numbers in the shuttle and 3 cone.

Yep. A genuine case where the combine was seriously overblown, the guy's play on the field is being greatly overlooked, and injury concerns during the combine have a legit basis. In both the 40 and bench. I still like him plenty, maybe not #3 like but I still like him.
Raidin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Raidin wrote:

Yep. A genuine case where the combine was seriously overblown, the guy's play on the field is being greatly overlooked, and injury concerns during the combine have a legit basis. In both the 40 and bench. I still like him plenty, maybe not #3 like but I still like him.

I'd take him at #3 over any of the other pass-rushers not named Jones. He's still a reach though and his young age means he'd be a projoect which is what we can't really afford.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: