Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Thread - V 3.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 77, 78, 79  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles stole Ed Wang! Mad dammit! The legend will live on in Philly though.
when training cu-comes around you know he will be going hard. he's not the type to limp around the practice field.

may the legend live on!

的f Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I知 uncoachable, I知 unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Quote:
Oakland, tight end Brandon Myers: Myers developed into a top receiving option in 2012. Myers had 75 catches and, at 27, is entering his prime. Finding tight ends who can grab 75 balls a season is not always easy. For an offense that needs to find the end zone more, keeping Myers is pivotal.

Hahaha Myers is a must keep apparently. I'd prioritize both Wheeler and Bryant over him

This is what happens when you look at stats and not games. Myers isnt close to being pivotal

Meyers had a solid blue collar type season with good numbers. He deserves a good contract. He is much better than Ausberry at this point. We don't even know if Ausberry will ever develop. What we do know is that Ausberry isn't good enough to see the fiels at this point. And without Meyers we have another huge hole to fill.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice to get Freeney to take limited snaps if we stuck to the 4-3 i think he can still get pressure on third down, alteast more than we already have.
BigD1123

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say bring in Freeney (if reasonable) and Titus Young......I mean we could use a wide out thats better than Calvin Johnson Wink
101Raider

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigD1123 wrote:
I say bring in Freeney (if reasonable) and Titus Young......I mean we could use a wide out thats better than Calvin Johnson Wink

No way on both... Freeney is going to command what 6-7 million a year? As worn down as he is, he'll be a situational pass rusher taking up the majority of our cap space. No thank you.

As to Titus Young, I'm not sure if you're kidding or not about bringing him in. Guys a basket case, keep him far away.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Quote:
Oakland, tight end Brandon Myers: Myers developed into a top receiving option in 2012. Myers had 75 catches and, at 27, is entering his prime. Finding tight ends who can grab 75 balls a season is not always easy. For an offense that needs to find the end zone more, keeping Myers is pivotal.

Hahaha Myers is a must keep apparently. I'd prioritize both Wheeler and Bryant over him

This is what happens when you look at stats and not games. Myers isnt close to being pivotal

Meyers had a solid blue collar type season with good numbers. He deserves a good contract. He is much better than Ausberry at this point. We don't even know if Ausberry will ever develop. What we do know is that Ausberry isn't good enough to see the fiels at this point. And without Meyers we have another huge hole to fill.

Myers wasn't any more proven than Ausberry just one year ago. He wasn't good enough to be more than a backup and ST player. Then all of a sudden, he's producing Top 5 TEs stats in a TE oriented offense. Using your reasoning, he should have never been given the opportunity to begin with.
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myers is easily replaceable, he had a lot of garbage stats and he's not even close to being a good blocker. Wheeler is a solid football player but I won't break bank to bring him back. Bryant is the 'must' keep player. PFF has him ranked as the 6th best DT this past season. Reggie needs to not over pay for guys like Myers and Wheeler or even Shaughnessy when we have actual good players like Houston and Veldheer who will be looking for new contracts soon.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigD1123 wrote:

You want us to bring in a guy who would eat up all the cap space we already don't have and a WR who sabotaged an offense and is a malcontent?

Why???

PM sig requests.
Boo_This_Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
BigD1123 wrote:

You want us to bring in a guy who would eat up all the cap space we already don't have and a WR who sabotaged an offense and is a malcontent?

Why???

Titus Young would be even worst than Rolando in the locker room (and that is saying something). He got cut from a team after a week? Did not even make it to practice. That says a whole lot.

Devin Brown-FS-#10

Props to JTagg7754 on the sig!

Raiders/Warriors/A's
holyghost

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boo_This_Man wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
BigD1123 wrote:

Why???

Titus Young would be even worst than Rolando in the locker room (and that is saying something). He got cut from a team after a week? Did not even make it to practice. That says a whole lot.

Probably didn't want to be on the Rams, so he did what he knew would force his release. Now he gets to choose between all his other team options - nowhere, noone, or nothing. Laughing

You could not have picked a better spot for him than the Rams too. They have very few options to go to with the ball, he'd get plenty of catches. Clearly the guy is brain dead, hence, noone Oakland needs around.
BigD1123

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooookay guys I guess my sarcasm meter is not showing on here. Kinda thought the (better than Calvin Johnson) thing would have given it away. So then I took into account it being Saturday and all the hangovers on here so I put the winky eye. But I must have forgotten to add the Sat morning still drunk but Saturday afternoon hangover kicking in variable. So for that moscalculation I do apollogize. As for Freeny Im pretty sure I said of REASONABLE if I didnt then oh well I meant to....
Ro4DPoY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2013/2/16/3996462/the-oakland-raiders-should-look-into-signing-detroit-lions-restricted-free-agent-cliff-avril

Link talks about the possibility of picking up Cliff Avril from Detroit and drafting Lotulelei in the first.

Purely speculation. Would be excited if it did happen though, certainly seems like the type of line that could dominate for the next decade.

Been wanting to do this for a while now. Let's see what happens.

Last edited by Ro4DPoY on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Freeny. For a reasonable price......but why would you want to come here to the literal black hole?

的f Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I知 uncoachable, I知 unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Chali21

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ro4DPoY wrote:
http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2013/2/16/3996462/the-oakland-raiders-should-look-into-signing-detroit-lions-restricted-free-agent-cliff-avril

Link talks about the possibility of picking up Cliff Avril from Detroit and drafting Lotulelei in the first.

Purely speculation. Would be excited if it did happen though, certainly seems like the type of line that could dominate for the next decade.

As great as star is I'd love it if we traded down and took Floyd or Richardson.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Quote:

Myers wasn't any more proven than Ausberry just one year ago. He wasn't good enough to be more than a backup and ST player. Then all of a sudden, he's producing Top 5 TEs stats in a TE oriented offense. Using your reasoning, he should have never been given the opportunity to begin with.

Not the same situation at all. Myers had spent three years as a pro TE and however many years he played in college, while Ausberry is still learning the position. Myers also did more as a backup- both as a receiver and a blocker, than Ausberry has. Not saying Myers is some great TE, but he was better than Ausberry.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 77, 78, 79  Next
Page 44 of 79

Jump to: