Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Thread - V 3.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 77, 78, 79  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmmkay, so its completely black or white then. Good to know.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Mmmmkay, so its completely black or white then. Good to know.

It's the same things I was told when I liked a player or felt they didn't get a "fair" shot. If the coaches not going to him there must be something. Its called taking a hint. If a guy like Richard Gordon starts over Ausberry when Myers is out (not that Gordon has great stats either) what does that tell you? The guy has had opportunities to step up and take over. This all becomes a moot debate if we sign somebody or draft a TE. Ausberry isn't a good enough a blocker to stay on.

Just my opinion.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see Donald Thomas (OG/OC) as a potential target. Was with Sparano in MIA. Played well last season for NE when given the chance. Definatley cheaper than Briesel and more multiple.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So a young, Raw, 7th round draft pick changing positions didn't blow it up his second year and I'm supposed to think he sucks because of this? I'm not saying he's good or will be good, I mean he's just that, a 7th round pick with little expectations, but in no way am I going to believe he sucks and give up on him just because he wasn't ready to start last year. We don't need him to be a great blocker to be on the team, if another TE on the roster can block then we can use Ausberry as a mismatch and a threat on passing downs.

He still has time to improve, believing he has no worth because he didn't beat out Myers, who proved he is no scrub, is almost too easy. I'd love seeing him around for training camp to compete at the very least. I'll admit his leash is short, but bringing him back for training camp can't hurt, he's at least shown flashes of potential.

Remember, Marcel Reece didn't even have a catch until his 3rd year, people were wondering why we kept him around on the PS for so long. It took him a while to adjust to the position change, could be the same with Ausberry.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Oakland, tight end Brandon Myers: Myers developed into a top receiving option in 2012. Myers had 75 catches and, at 27, is entering his prime. Finding tight ends who can grab 75 balls a season is not always easy. For an offense that needs to find the end zone more, keeping Myers is pivotal.

Hahaha Myers is a must keep apparently. I'd prioritize both Wheeler and Bryant over him

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if he has been brought up it but Tracey Porter is set to be an UFA, do you think there is a possibility of getting him?

We can probably get him cheaper than last year and we would probably give him more than Denver would offer since he is expendable there.

Sig by me PM for one
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdUbs14 wrote:
Not sure if he has been brought up it but Tracey Porter is set to be an UFA, do you think there is a possibility of getting him?

We can probably get him cheaper than last year and we would probably give him more than Denver would offer since he is expendable there.

Didn't we try to get him last year? I recall it being down to us and Denver. Maybe we could pick him up this time around. I'd like that, even though he had injury issues last year.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Quote:
Oakland, tight end Brandon Myers: Myers developed into a top receiving option in 2012. Myers had 75 catches and, at 27, is entering his prime. Finding tight ends who can grab 75 balls a season is not always easy. For an offense that needs to find the end zone more, keeping Myers is pivotal.

Hahaha Myers is a must keep apparently. I'd prioritize both Wheeler and Bryant over him

This is what happens when you look at stats and not games. Myers isnt close to being pivotal
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Quote:

This is what happens when you look at stats and not games. Myers isnt close to being pivotal

+1
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Quote:

Agreed, I just found it funny that he of all people was listed.

Porter, I could see us signing. He'll likely come cheap and he'll want a chance to start since he isn't getting that in Denver any more

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
cdUbs14 wrote:

Didn't we try to get him last year? I recall it being down to us and Denver. Maybe we could pick him up this time around. I'd like that, even though he had injury issues last year.

No thanks. He's not that good, injury-prone, and he can't tackle.

Props to cdUbs14 for the sig!

On the Panthers signing Roman Harper:
Harper41 wrote:
I feel like I just walked in on my brother and my wife.

Laughing
raidr4life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bone_Collector wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
cdUbs14 wrote:

Exactly we wanted to give him a 1 year deal to prove he can stay healthy, he chose Denver and couldnt stay healthy so why throw him a life line now. We'd be letting him walk just like Den is because he is too injury prone.
a4ce

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad the Raiders aren't contenders. Or have money to spend. Would've nice to bring him back to help teach the rooks/young guns a thing or two.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/15/agent-says-packers-getting-ready-to-release-woodson/
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
I could see Donald Thomas (OG/OC) as a potential target. Was with Sparano in MIA. Played well last season for NE when given the chance. Definatley cheaper than Briesel and more multiple.

Nate Garner(OG/OT) is another guy we will likley go after. Another Sparano player who is a FA and is multiple. Even played LT well in replacement of Long last season.

IMO, drop Brisel and sign Thomas and Garner who would make about the same combined. Garner could start at RT, LG at worst. Thomas could compete as RG starter and backup OC.

So here is how my entire list would go so far.

N. Barnett LB- know some of you think he sucks. I do not. But more importantly I think he is just as good or better than the LB's we do have. Small deal only, just want options at MLB. His relationship with Sanders makes this very probable.

L. McKelvin CB- Dual threat. Can compete for #2 CB and a great return guy so we dont have to only count on Ford.

D. Cox CB- probably the most money we will spend but he is great player. Injury concerns will keep his costs down.

N. Garner OT/OG - Can start at RT or LG, ties to Sparano. probably average of 2.5-3 mill a year. Cheaper than Briesel but he is younger and more versatile.

D. Thomas OG/OC- Can compete for starting OG spot and backup OC. Will cost higher than minimum but not to much. Also has ties to Sparano.

All those guys probably cost us around 10mill cap space this season which is doable imo. Releasing Briesel frees up 2.8mill alone.

btw, rumor is Cook will be Franchised.
cdUbs14

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Bone_Collector wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
cdUbs14 wrote:

Exactly we wanted to give him a 1 year deal to prove he can stay healthy, he chose Denver and couldnt stay healthy so why throw him a life line now. We'd be letting him walk just like Den is because he is too injury prone.

Possibly the DA connection would be a reason, anyways him being injury prone is a concern, but it is better than anyone on our roster right now. The only guy I would like see return is Adams other than that he would be good insurance incase we can't get anyone in the draft or a high priced/decent FA.

Sig by me PM for one

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 77, 78, 79  Next
Page 43 of 79

Jump to: