Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Thread - V 3.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 77, 78, 79  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
The Lions cut Titus Young. Too bad he is such a headcase, he has so much talent. I highly doubt Reggie will take a distraction with as many issues as he has already had in his short career.

Doubt it also.

However Rams claimed him off waivers. Now that they added a WR on the cheap. Trading up for a OT prospect should be even more plausible.

Doubt that. Saffold is a fine LT. They'd be looking for a RT and can attain one in the range of their picks. AND could add another top WR with their other 1st rounder.

Most of what I have read and heard indicates they want to move him to RT and draft a LT. This is from various sites as well. I dont think I have been to one that doesnt mock a LT to them.

I think that's more because they hold the most trade ammunition of all teams, so it makes it easy for the typical lazy individual to mock a trade up attributed to them.
Remember, this is the team that traded back last year. Not up..

I agree as far as mocking go's. However I am not talking about trades. I am talking about them actually mocking a LT with their current picks without trading and most experts list LT as one of their top needs.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
The Lions cut Titus Young. Too bad he is such a headcase, he has so much talent. I highly doubt Reggie will take a distraction with as many issues as he has already had in his short career.

Doubt it also.

However Rams claimed him off waivers. Now that they added a WR on the cheap. Trading up for a OT prospect should be even more plausible.

Doubt that. Saffold is a fine LT. They'd be looking for a RT and can attain one in the range of their picks. AND could add another top WR with their other 1st rounder.

Most of what I have read and heard indicates they want to move him to RT and draft a LT. This is from various sites as well. I dont think I have been to one that doesnt mock a LT to them.

this

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
holyghost

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe so, but that still does not take into account draft philosophies. Like I said, this is a team that traded back, not up. And then the next year they trade back up, in a weaker draft, to where they were last year essentially?

Unlikely. Fisher seems to me to be from the Belichick school of drafting. Trade back, stack up 1st rounders.
And also, who's to say they don't have a target for another LT where they are picking - in any round?

Nah, it just seems way unlikely to me. But that's just my opinion. I don't see Jeff Fisher as any sort of fool.
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KVB is getting cut soon apparently. Any interest if we stay 4-3?

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
RaidersAreOne

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also Boley got released from the Giants. Apparently a pretty good player but was making to much. We sure could use him at MLB after we cut McClain if we stay 4-3.

JTagg7754 on the sig.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
Also Boley got released from the Giants. Apparently a pretty good player but was making to much. We sure could use him at MLB after we cut McClain if we stay 4-3.

This I would agree with. ^^^

Vanden Bosh I could live without.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
holyghost

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boley I could see here, but it depends on what he wants. If it's too much $$ forget it. Guy was a tackle machine once upon a time. I don't know what kind of influence / team persona he is, which matters if we will ever emerge..
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Maybe so, but that still does not take into account draft philosophies. Like I said, this is a team that traded back, not up. And then the next year they trade back up, in a weaker draft, to where they were last year essentially?

Unlikely. Fisher seems to me to be from the Belichick school of drafting. Trade back, stack up 1st rounders.
And also, who's to say they don't have a target for another LT where they are picking - in any round?

Nah, it just seems way unlikely to me. But that's just my opinion. I don't see Jeff Fisher as any sort of fool.

They traded back because they were offered a lot for the opportunity to draft a QB and they already had their franchise QB in their mind. It doesn't necessarily speak to a draft philosophy.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:

Boley isn't a MLB. He's a will in a 4-3.
holyghost

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
holyghost wrote:

They traded back because they were offered a lot for the opportunity to draft a QB and they already had their franchise QB in their mind. It doesn't necessarily speak to a draft philosophy.

Well I can't recall Fisher ever trading up before either. That speaks to a draft philosophy.

I started a thread in the Ram forum. Their fans seem to think the same, chances of trade up as high as us are real slim.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
holyghost wrote:

Well I can't recall Fisher ever trading up before either. That speaks to a draft philosophy.

I started a thread in the Ram forum. Their fans seem to think the same, chances of trade up as high as us are real slim.

Maybe, i didn't study his draft history. The trade down last year isn't enough to come to any conclusion though.
RaidersAreOne

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

He has played MLB previous to this year though.

JTagg7754 on the sig.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

When?
RaidersAreOne

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

When?

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=513099&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Second last comment.

Quote:
Last year before chase blackburn was resigned he was our starting MLB but then he moved to OLB. And has been there ever since.

JTagg7754 on the sig.
Djackson205

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boley got benched last year, a familiar name doesn't necessarily mean an upgrade...I'd pass

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 77, 78, 79  Next
Page 32 of 79

Jump to: