Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Thread - V 3.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 77, 78, 79  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did say 'decent' paydays, I didn't say Dorsey and Hill are looking for 'major' paydays. They are average players at best who will get decent deals. I could easily see a team offer Dorsey a 5 year $20 million contract, pretty much what we gave Mike Brisiel, that was a decent deal in terms of today market. And I don't think Dorsey is worth it, not at all.
holyghost

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
holyghost wrote:
If we don't get someone in the draft don't expect a DT in FA who will be a major pickup. I assume Hill and Dorsey would fit that description as major pickups. In that case I would assume we'll resign Bryant and start Bilukidi. Even if Kelly is cut along with Seymour leaving. It just seems Dorsey or Hill - why would this regime make those moves unless Bryant is a problem to resign? Every indication is that this staff is looking for value in 2nd tier guys in FA, and to make splashes or big signings rarely, where it counts, on true impact players who the staff thinks might change the game for this team.

I swear most of you guys just totally ignore what comes right out of McKenzie's mouth. Nothing he has said so far has gone against exactly what he has done. Why all of a sudden do any of you think it will be different?

And truth be told, I'd rather have Bryant than either of those guys or a bunch of others. The guy had 4 sacks in his last 4 games, and his run D was pretty good during that time. If this is a Lamarr Houston type emergence by him, I'd rather have him than the others who will likely cost more.

I'm under the assumption we re-sign Bryant and walk away from Seymour and Kelly. Which leaves us with 2 DTs. Dorsey and Hill are 2nd tier FAs.

Hill doesn't start and hasn't since his rookie year. Even then he was a 4th round pick. He's seen his snaps decrease with the addition of Fairley and that's decreasing from a rotational level. Tell me more about how he's a top tier FA.

Dorsey has been a large disappointment in KC. He's had injury issues on top of that. Going back to DT and taking a rotational position could do him a lot of good. That's all he would get signed for by most teams given past ineffectiveness and injury history. Explain how he's a top tier FA pick up. His name?

1. Sounds like a possible signee, I really didn't know enough about him but figured if he was being talked up here so extensively, I just assumed he was a big name overrated splash type guy.

2. Dorsey. Yes. His name. High draft status is almost a guarantee the guy will be looked at as having been used improperly. And multiple teams will likely tell themselves they can make more of him than he is, and that KC made the mistake. I'd bet Dorsey does not end up here.

And honestly in general, my inclination is to believe it will be Bryant and Bilukidi starting for us next year. 2 men is a starting corps, the other 2 are rotational. There's no reason why they won't be rookies or no names. Not saying they will be, but don't be disappointed if they are.
early43

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if Alan Branch is a FA after the season??

Im a big Michigan fan and wanted us to take him when he fell to the second round. He seems to have figured out what the NFL is about and is balling for Seattle.

If he's a FA, he jump to the top of my list for DT's.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
1. Sounds like a possible signee, I really didn't know enough about him but figured if he was being talked up here so extensively, I just assumed he was a big name overrated splash type guy.

Fair enough. He's a no name rotational NT, which is what we need.

holyghost wrote:
2. Dorsey. Yes. His name. High draft status is almost a guarantee the guy will be looked at as having been used improperly. And multiple teams will likely tell themselves they can make more of him than he is, and that KC made the mistake. I'd bet Dorsey does not end up here.

Teams also will be scared away by injury and lack of production. He also might like the possibility of becoming a starter here, given Bilukidi's green and Bryant is still young. Could happen. He's a bigger name than Hill, but let's not act like he's a prize.

holyghost wrote:
And honestly in general, my inclination is to believe it will be Bryant and Bilukidi starting for us next year. 2 men is a starting corps, the other 2 are rotational. There's no reason why they won't be rookies or no names. Not saying they will be, but don't be disappointed if they are.

Like I said, this describes SLH. I think we're on the same page here based on how I classify Dorsey.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
holyghost wrote:
If we don't get someone in the draft don't expect a DT in FA who will be a major pickup. I assume Hill and Dorsey would fit that description as major pickups. In that case I would assume we'll resign Bryant and start Bilukidi. Even if Kelly is cut along with Seymour leaving. It just seems Dorsey or Hill - why would this regime make those moves unless Bryant is a problem to resign? Every indication is that this staff is looking for value in 2nd tier guys in FA, and to make splashes or big signings rarely, where it counts, on true impact players who the staff thinks might change the game for this team.

I swear most of you guys just totally ignore what comes right out of McKenzie's mouth. Nothing he has said so far has gone against exactly what he has done. Why all of a sudden do any of you think it will be different?

And truth be told, I'd rather have Bryant than either of those guys or a bunch of others. The guy had 4 sacks in his last 4 games, and his run D was pretty good during that time. If this is a Lamarr Houston type emergence by him, I'd rather have him than the others who will likely cost more.

I'm under the assumption we re-sign Bryant and walk away from Seymour and Kelly. Which leaves us with 2 DTs. Dorsey and Hill are 2nd tier FAs.

Hill doesn't start and hasn't since his rookie year. Even then he was a 4th round pick. He's seen his snaps decrease with the addition of Fairley and that's decreasing from a rotational level. Tell me more about how he's a top tier FA.

Dorsey has been a large disappointment in KC. He's had injury issues on top of that. Going back to DT and taking a rotational position could do him a lot of good. That's all he would get signed for by most teams given past ineffectiveness and injury history. Explain how he's a top tier FA pick up. His name?

Dorsey will get more money than Hill and more money than he deserves for sure.

I am disappointed already. Lol.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

early43 wrote:

Im a big Michigan fan and wanted us to take him when he fell to the second round. He seems to have figured out what the NFL is about and is balling for Seattle.

He is but he will be a big contract. Jason Jones is also a FA. Branch probably the best FA DT after Melton.
early43

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
early43 wrote:

He is but he will be a big contract. Jason Jones is also a FA. Branch probably the best FA DT after Melton.

Ok, how big? Like Haynesworth big?

I cant imagine him getting a huge contract since he really hasent done much in the NFL. Personally, I think he would be a fool to leave Seattle. Hes doing good thing in Pete Carroll's defense so his best spot is probably staying if they can get him a decent contract.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
dawsonleery wrote:
Brace is just camp body who comes on the cheap, that's my thinking. You never know, he's young and deserves a 2nd chance. Dorsey and Hill will be looking for a decent paydays, I'll pass.
Despite what Dorsey and Hill may think there market is, both will be severely disappointed if they are expecting major paydays.

thats my thinking. We know what they are and they could be easily replaced in the draft. The reason they are good options for us is because we probably have the weakest depth and the leage and not very many draft picks.

I think they're in the same boat Pat Sims was last year. They're rotational guys who can make a contribution but they're not potential impact players. Pat Sims ended up re-signing a one year contract with Cinci when he couldn't find better elsewhere. If they don't get much interest in the first wave of FA, and they shouldn't, you can get them for cheap.
holyghost

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather see Bryant start for us over Dorsey. I think he's a better player TBH. They'll probably cost the same or maybe even Bryant will be cheaper.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
I'd rather see Bryant start for us over Dorsey. I think he's a better player TBH. They'll probably cost the same or maybe even Bryant will be cheaper.

Yeah, i have no interest in Dorsey, unless we can't re-sign Bryant. Sims, Hill or Knighton would help fill the run stopping DT role though.
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to trade for Percy Harvin....he's what Jacoby wishes he was.

If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

early43 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
early43 wrote:

Ok, how big? Like Haynesworth big?

I cant imagine him getting a huge contract since he really hasent done much in the NFL. Personally, I think he would be a fool to leave Seattle. Hes doing good thing in Pete Carroll's defense so his best spot is probably staying if they can get him a decent contract.

No not that big. I am assuming somewhere around 6mill a year with ungauranteed money including.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Silver&Black88"]
holyghost wrote:
holyghost wrote:

Teams also will be scared away by injury and lack of production. He also might like the possibility of becoming a starter here, given Bilukidi's green and Bryant is still young. Could happen. He's a bigger name than Hill, but let's not act like he's a prize.

I gotta agree with S&B here. Its not like its just a couple fans in a forum who think Dorsey was used improperly, its people all over the league, on ESPN, wherever you hear people talking about it. I'm not saying that makes it absolutely true, but KC did take an elite 4-3 DT prospect and throw him into a 3-4 DE spot. Those positions are not interchangeable, just because Richard Seymour could do it doesnt mean everyone else can.

Dorsey had undeniable talent in college, and while he may never become an elite DT in the NFL, his skills and abilities are almost surely going to shine through more in his natural position than the one he had been playing in. Romeo even said himself that he didnt have Dorsey rush the passer because he wanted his DEs to eat blocks, which isnt what Dorsey's specialty is. His name should garner attention, but I dont see it garenering a ton of money since teams will be banking on the hope that changing his position will work out.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd much rather sign a big bodied run stuffing nose tackle to pair with Bryant/Bilukidi inside. If we can get a guy like Sammie Lee Hill or Terrance Knighton at a reasonable price I'd be happy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to say we should get Sergio Kindle in for a look. But after watching this he seems uninterested and obviously doesnt listen to what the Ravens staff told him. In fact he doesnt seem to know much of anything. He is just kind of floating around getting a paycheck at his job. lol.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-sergio-kindle-on-practice-squad-status-being-frustrated-isnt-going-to-help-so-why-do-it-20121023,0,2831936.story

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 77, 78, 79  Next
Page 23 of 79

Jump to: