You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Thread - V 3.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 77, 78, 79  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also read we have had contact and offers for S. Smith and P. Kruger.

Very Happy
Darkness

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
Vince Young coming in for a workout

Probably the best QB in this terrible QB FA market. At least Pryor would get a chance to compete with him if Palmer's let go. Might make Geno more likely though...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:

Very Happy

Both are overrated and will be overpaid. Desmond Bryant is a better player then both, so I hope he's a bigger priority.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Very Happy

Both are overrated and will be overpaid. Desmond Bryant is a better player then both, so I hope he's a bigger priority.

It's nice we are participating at least. But yeah, I was a touch disappointed in reading that, they'll both be paid too much. I like the "find underrated cheaper guys" plan better.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:

Very Happy

The guy posting this on twitter came out of nowhere. I'm not buying it.

However, Bergstrom is related to Kruger. Things that make you go hmmm....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
Vince Young coming in for a workout

What

Steve Corkran ‏@CorkOnTheNFL wrote:

For what it's worth, the guy linking Vince Young to the Raiders emerged from nowhere on Twitter today. Can't find any info on the guy.

Great, 2 sources that aren't credible on Twitter blowing smoke both ways Laughing
RaiderX

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Jamethus92 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Quote:
Oakland tight end Brandon Myers continues to be connected to Cleveland. Oakland will have a tough time keeping him.

Is everyone in agreement that the team should just let him walk? I like Myers but I really see no reason to get in a bidding war over him. He's average at best and played pretty well in a contract year. Might as well give Ausberry a shot or draft someone.

I'd gladly take a comp pick in 2014.

Bingo. The guy is a decent player who can catch and find seams, but can't run block and benefitted greatly from the offensive design. He's really just not a "need to keep" guy. I doubt his emergence as anything more than being due to the way he was used.

I feel like the team deserves a cut of whatever he makes because we basically made the guy after taking him in 6th round. He was a solid special teams guy before we made him starter though. Good for him I guess.

Really interested to see what we do at TE. Doubt any if the guys left will be elevated. Gordon is a solid blocker and Ausberry is on the bubble. I like Escobar but he'll probably go in the 2nd. Fauria is a big target. Id love Ed Dickson if he doesn't resign with Baltimore.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Darkness wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Very Happy

It's nice we are participating at least. But yeah, I was a touch disappointed in reading that, they'll both be paid too much. I like the "find underrated cheaper guys" plan better.

hmm levi damien just said that account is a catfish account. Strange that we are the only team on there that is new and not previously related to those names.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Very Happy

The guy posting this on twitter came out of nowhere. I'm not buying it.

However, Bergstrom is related to Kruger. Things that make you go hmmm....

Thought you were gonna go Delocated and say "frrt."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfxNEe0jUns

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHA...

Guy was called out as a fraud:

Quote:
@CorkOnTheNFL @DConnollyNFL Here cork...he is a fake http://www.singleblackmale.org/2012/06/21/urban-male-chronicles/

http://www.singleblackmale.org/2012/06/21/urban-male-chronicles/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really wouldnt mind getting A. Winfield for a two year deal instead of Hanson. He would dramatically improve our secondary.
Dessie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Really wouldnt mind getting A. Winfield for a two year deal instead of Hanson. He would dramatically improve our secondary.

36yo and a cover 2 only CB gets a 2year deal? Hanson was pretty good in the slot.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
HAHA...

Guy was called out as a fraud:

Quote:
@CorkOnTheNFL @DConnollyNFL Here cork...he is a fake http://www.singleblackmale.org/2012/06/21/urban-male-chronicles/

http://www.singleblackmale.org/2012/06/21/urban-male-chronicles/

Levi Damien ‏@LeviDamien wrote:
This just in: @DConnollyNFL has been diagnosed with cancer while recovering from injuries sustained in a car accident.

Laughing
holyghost

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
holyghost wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Jamethus92 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Quote:
Oakland tight end Brandon Myers continues to be connected to Cleveland. Oakland will have a tough time keeping him.

Is everyone in agreement that the team should just let him walk? I like Myers but I really see no reason to get in a bidding war over him. He's average at best and played pretty well in a contract year. Might as well give Ausberry a shot or draft someone.

I'd gladly take a comp pick in 2014.

Bingo. The guy is a decent player who can catch and find seams, but can't run block and benefitted greatly from the offensive design. He's really just not a "need to keep" guy. I doubt his emergence as anything more than being due to the way he was used.

I feel like the team deserves a cut of whatever he makes because we basically made the guy after taking him in 6th round. He was a solid special teams guy before we made him starter though. Good for him I guess.

Really interested to see what we do at TE. Doubt any if the guys left will be elevated. Gordon is a solid blocker and Ausberry is on the bubble. I like Escobar but he'll probably go in the 2nd. Fauria is a big target. Id love Ed Dickson if he doesn't resign with Baltimore.

The comp pick is our cut. This is the beginning of us doing what good teams do to get on the right side of generating personnel. Make a guy look better than he is by way of a good system, then get more out of him leaving than it took getting him in the first place. Letting him leave is a win, I hope Cleveland breaks the bank on him..
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

36yo and a cover 2 only CB gets a 2year deal? Hanson was pretty good in the slot.

Hanson got better as the year went on but he was not good or pretty good. Slot CB was a liability.

With that said to be fair the whole defense was bad for a good portion of the year but Hanson stuck out for me since he should have been the best out of the bunch after Bartell/Spencer went down.

I would prefer to draft a slot CB but if we are going the vet route again at that position I would take Winfield over Hanson.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 77, 78, 79  Next
Page 78 of 79

Jump to: