You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Thread - V 3.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78, 79  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Dreadymatt wrote:
jets just signed David Garrard....why?

(on a cheap note, for the 3rd QB position I hope we get Drew Stanton, I thought he'd be a star coming out of college and I honestly don't think he's had a chance yet)

Honestly, I kind of like the idea of cutting Palmer, signing Stanton, drafting Geno and letting them all battle it out with Pryor.

Not much of a battle when you draft a QB number 3 overall. Maybe for the first year, but you know who the long term starter will be.

Which is a good thing. With the rookie cap, I don't see the problem with sitting him a year. I know that the rookie deals are shorter, but there isn't a point in forcing him out there if he isn't ready.
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. Ok. I guess I gotta stop drinking then. So do you for thinking Wheeler was the one bright spot on D. Houston was better all season.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Oakland tight end Brandon Myers continues to be connected to Cleveland. Oakland will have a tough time keeping him.
Jamethus92

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Quote:
Oakland tight end Brandon Myers continues to be connected to Cleveland. Oakland will have a tough time keeping him.

Is everyone in agreement that the team should just let him walk? I like Myers but I really see no reason to get in a bidding war over him. He's average at best and played pretty well in a contract year. Might as well give Ausberry a shot or draft someone.

Smack on the new sig
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamethus92 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Quote:

Is everyone in agreement that the team should just let him walk? I like Myers but I really see no reason to get in a bidding war over him. He's average at best and played pretty well in a contract year. Might as well give Ausberry a shot or draft someone.

I'd gladly take a comp pick in 2014.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Dreadymatt wrote:

(on a cheap note, for the 3rd QB position I hope we get Drew Stanton, I thought he'd be a star coming out of college and I honestly don't think he's had a chance yet)

Honestly, I kind of like the idea of cutting Palmer, signing Stanton, drafting Geno and letting them all battle it out with Pryor.

Not much of a battle when you draft a QB number 3 overall. Maybe for the first year, but you know who the long term starter will be.

Which is a good thing. With the rookie cap, I don't see the problem with sitting him a year. I know that the rookie deals are shorter, but there isn't a point in forcing him out there if he isn't ready.
Aint no point in taking him if he isnt ready, and I honestly dont think he could beat out Pryor rightnow, And if he sit a year then cant beat out Pryor, pick wasted. Honestly I want to be sure about what we have in Pryor before using a high pick on another QB. Not like we got everything in place for a young QB to step in anyway.
holyghost

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Jamethus92 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Quote:

I'd gladly take a comp pick in 2014.

Bingo. The guy is a decent player who can catch and find seams, but can't run block and benefitted greatly from the offensive design. He's really just not a "need to keep" guy. I doubt his emergence as anything more than being due to the way he was used.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
I honestly dont think he could beat out Pryor rightnow,

I don't see how Pryor could look better than him in practice, which is where you win the job. Pryor might have that ability to make things happen during a game but, at this point, he can't be looking too good in the rigid structure of a practice.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

I don't see how Pryor could look better than him in practice, which is where you win the job. Pryor might have that ability to make things happen during a game but, at this point, he can't be looking too good in the rigid structure of a practice.
PRACTICE! You talkin about PRACTICE? Seriously Geno needs more work than people want to admit.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

PRACTICE! You talkin about PRACTICE? Seriously Geno needs more work than people want to admit.

Pryor needs a ton of work too and it starts with the passing fundamentals.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Dreadymatt wrote:

Aint no point in taking him if he isnt ready, and I honestly dont think he could beat out Pryor rightnow, And if he sit a year then cant beat out Pryor, pick wasted. Honestly I want to be sure about what we have in Pryor before using a high pick on another QB. Not like we got everything in place for a young QB to step in anyway.

Don't bother talking to me about Geno. You're obviously set in your ways and I disagree with you so I'm fine with not wasting time debating.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

One is still in college while the other is entering his third pro season. Its not even comparable. All rookie QBs need work, at least Geno can already throw the ball at an NFL level.
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vince Young coming in for a workout
backinblack

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiiiiidersssss wrote:

hes broke and needs a job.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiiiiidersssss wrote:

What

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78, 79  Next
Page 77 of 79

Jump to: