Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Belichik Fine $50,000 for Contact with Official
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like the league should have made an example of him. If it was any other coach there would be a suspension.

I would have gave him a 1 game suspension.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
I feel like the league should have made an example of him. If it was any other coach there would be a suspension.

I really doubt it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:

You're kidding right? the fact it was Belichick didn't change anything. [I know your a Bills fan... but come on]

marshawn lynch wrote:

For? trying to get the replacement ref's attention about a possible game changing challenge while everyone were leaving the field and the time for making the challenge if it was allowed was running down because the game was breaking up?

It's not allowed to touch a ref, he got a $50,000 fine, move along. A suspension would of been ridiculous.
Tom Brady Tribute
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

You're kidding right? the fact it was Belichick didn't change anything. [I know your a Bills fan... but come on]

marshawn lynch wrote:

For? trying to get the replacement ref's attention about a possible game changing challenge while everyone were leaving the field and the time for making the challenge if it was allowed was running down because the game was breaking up?

It's not allowed to touch a ref, he got a $50,000 fine, move along. A suspension would of been ridiculous.
Because he grabbed a ref. He wasnt just trying to get the refs attention to ask if it was a challege? It was pretty obvious that he wanted to complain. When the ref is running off the field, it is pretty obvious they are not reviewing it. Either Bill wanted to complain or he is an idiot.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
He wasnt just trying to get the refs attention to ask if it was a challege?

Yes, he was...

marshawn lynch wrote:
It was pretty obvious that he wanted to complain.

No, actually it was obvious he simply wanted an answer if it's possible to review the FG, if he can challenge, because from his angle he couldn't see if it was good or not and his players [who were on the field next to the kick] told him it wasn't good.

Stop been a Bills homer.

marshawn lynch wrote:
When the ref is running off the field, it is pretty obvious they are not reviewing it.

Of course, that was the problem, he wanted to know if he should throw the flag so the refs will know he is using his rights as head coach to challenge a play, but the ref ignored him and didn't give him an answer [probably because he had no idea what is the answer because he's an incompetent replacement official]
Tom Brady Tribute
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ Really? You pull the homer card? Others in this thread have the same opinions in this thread and yet you only quote me and call me a homer. Why are you only arguing with me and not the others who have my same opinion.

Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on man! 50,000 dollars?

All he wanted was to try on those new Air Jordans.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think suspension is necessary, although I thought the NFL would be a little harsher than 50K

Kempes

#JDI
VikeADunn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
^^^ Really? You pull the homer card? Others in this thread have the same opinions in this thread and yet you only quote me and call me a homer. Why are you only arguing with me and not the others who have my same opinion.

Rolling Eyes

Because calling someone a homer is the easy way out

[quote="tylerdouglass"]VikeADunn, you're my hero.[/quote]

2013 Adopt-A-Viking: DT Sharrif Floyd
Tk: 2 Sk: Stf: PD: 2 FF/FR:
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need for attacks or shots at each other.

I think a suspension would've been too much, but when I saw it, it was what I expected.

I did lose some respect for him after I saw it. He went from my favorite coach by a long shot, to my favorite coach by a slightly shorter long shot. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:

Of course, that was the problem, he wanted to know if he should throw the flag so the refs will know he is using his rights as head coach to challenge a play
Wasn't the kick with seconds left in the game? If so he had no right to challenge it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
should have been suspended

Agreed. Any other coach would've probably been suspended.

Yep.
PatriotsWin!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harsh. BB was obviously trying to get his attention, not hurt the guy.

Mack on the sig
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatriotsWin! wrote:
Harsh. BB was obviously trying to get his attention, not hurt the guy.

Obviously he wasn't trying to hurt him. You still can't run after a ref and grab him.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
It was pretty obvious that he wanted to complain. When the ref is running off the field, it is pretty obvious they are not reviewing it.

Quote:
As many of you know Iíve been involved in something like this before, in 2000, here in Foxborough, with Johnny Grier was the referee and Drew (Bledsoe) was trying to throw a pass at the end of the game against Miami and the it was ruled a fumble, the clock ran out, the game was over, and then as I was walking off the field with Johnny at that time I talked to him about, Ďthis seems like an incomplete pass, there should be more time on the clock, we should have another play here.í [Grier responded] ĎNo, thatís the ruling, the gameís over.í We go back into the locker room, 10 minutes or so later, Johnny comes back and says theyíre reviewing the play, we may have to go back out and finish the game. About five minutes after that, when the players got dressed we came back out for a final play in that game. So Iíve been through a situation at the end of the game where itís over but itís not over, that type of thing, and that was really the situation last night.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2012/09/belichick_addre_3.html

As controversial as Belichick is and as disliked by many as he is, the guy is not one of those coaches that routinely yells at or abuses (or blames) refs. I'm not saying that should factor into the punishment, but he is in the bottom tier of coaches when it comes to yelling at refs unless it's an administrative issue (e.g. trying to get the ref to spot the ball correctly or an issue with the rules).

It's obvious he was just trying to get attention of the ref to clarify the issue. Anyone who thinks he was trying to abuse the ref, or gripe to the ref or anything like that is really off base and ignorant of the way Belichick operates.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: