Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders cut OT Barksdale
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holyghost

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Glad Barksdale is gone. Didn't think he'd make the 53 to begin with. He was constantly taking a butt kicking from backups in preseason.

Hopefully this is a sign that Bergstrom is developing to their liking. He's now the #2 LT behind Veldheer.

This may be a sign Bergstrom is developing, as is them putting him at the backup LT slot. But I think it's also a strong sign they are happy having found Willie Smith. I hope Barnes cannot take back the spot from Smith. It would be nice to have a legitimate RT finally. He did not stand out at all last week, and that can only be a good thing.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Barksdale showed some promise coming out of LSU. Not so much in the pros.

Oh well. Another Davis pick bites the dust.

I was actually really stoked about this pick. Barksdale was a good LT at LSU before moving to RT where he was still pretty good, just not nearly as good as he was on the blind side. I thought for sure he would pan out by now, guess I was wrong.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Barksdale showed some promise coming out of LSU. Not so much in the pros.

Oh well. Another Davis pick bites the dust.

I was actually really stoked about this pick. Barksdale was a good LT at LSU before moving to RT where he was still pretty good, just not nearly as good as he was on the blind side. I thought for sure he would pan out by now, guess I was wrong.

I think more than anything it wasnt a scheme fit. Add in he mostly played OG last season.

Wonder whats going on with him. Wonder if we worked some type of trade.
backinblack

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
backinblack wrote:
Darkness wrote:
I didn't like Barksdale, or DVD as draft picks, but I would have liked to see them kept around into next season. Reggie McKenzie feels no attachment to them because he didn't draft them, but I'm going to guess that if the recent ex-Packers he just signed were apart of this team's previous regime, he wouldn't have hesitated to let them go either. Every GM does this, so it's whatever.

I never liked the Barksdale pick. he seemed way to soft in all facets of blocking. DVD pick was way to early BUT i thought with some time and coaching he could be someone that contributes and not get picked on. like the fact that Reggie is constantly trying to upgrade. if barksdale is never gonna see the field why have him on the squad? dump him and see if you can find someone that will be active for games.

There are quite a few players that don't see the field that are still on the squad. Doesn't mean they have to be cut.

Missing the point!!! if he is not going to be on the field why not try to upgrade to someone that can be on the field for games. Explain why u would want someone who isnt on the field over someone that plays on the field if you could please?
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its official now. Allan says we have plans for his spot but not saying who. Interesting.
Oaktown

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He played pretty bad all pre season.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:

I think more than anything it wasnt a scheme fit.

Indeed. I don't know if he can succeed in the NFL but he surely can't in a ZBS. Dude doesn't move well enough.
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to pile it all on him now, but I never liked the Barksdale pick.

Aside from not being a fit in this scheme, Barksdale is not an NFL quality player IMO. The fact that he couldn't beat anyone out on the roster & got abused every time he was on the field dating back to last season tells me all I need to know about him.

He's way too stiff & heavy on his feet to have success at OT. Maybe OG is better suited for him.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:

Aside from not being a fit in this scheme, Barksdale is not an NFL quality player IMO. The fact that he couldn't beat anyone out on the roster & got abused every time he was on the field dating back to last season tells me all I need to know about him.

He's way too stiff & heavy on his feet to have success at OT. Maybe OG is better suited for him.

Forget the pick. I still don't understand the trade.

Davis went to the NE well literally 20 picks before NE's pick with the trade. No idea who was going to be there. It was just odd and then got another LSU turd out of it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 round picks from 2011 cut...only one remains..

silver_surfer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jury still out on Taiwan Jones too :/

I still don't like the DVD move...

I moved on...

I still think we have two scrubs on the roster
C Alex Parsons
CB Coye Francis

I would hope we could upgrade with other player. I still think Chekwa is better than Francis

Also, TE Richard Gordan has grown on me .. I get his role as a back up tight end. He is a good blocker, and a great special teams player..

Who is Brandon Ross?? I wonder what he the new LB or Clayton will do if given a chance
ch8878

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
I won't be surprised to see Taiwan be the next victim of the 2011 class next season. Jones is one of the most dynamic players I have seen in recent history, however I wince EVERY time he is tackled as he is built like a hummingbird and looks like a ragdoll being thrown around when he is tackled. Imo, no way he possesses the durability to ever be a serious contributor

That just made my day Laughing Laughing Laughing
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:
2 round picks from 2011 cut...only one remains..

Secretly, I think he's a short timer as well . . . .
RaiderX

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:

Forget the pick. I still don't understand the trade.

Davis went to the NE well literally 20 picks before NE's pick with the trade. No idea who was going to be there. It was just odd and then got another LSU turd out of it.

Arguably a worse trade than the Palmer trade. Jones is rarely on the field too. After the muffled kickoff return and the fumble on the reverse along with his inability to pass protect could have him out the door next offseason.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:
jury still out on Taiwan Jones too :/

I still don't like the DVD move...

I moved on...

I still think we have two scrubs on the roster
C Alex Parsons
CB Coye Francis

I would hope we could upgrade with other player. I still think Chekwa is better than Francis

Also, TE Richard Gordan has grown on me .. I get his role as a back up tight end. He is a good blocker, and a great special teams player..

Who is Brandon Ross?? I wonder what he the new LB or Clayton will do if given a chance

You know how I know you don't know anything about Coye Francies? Because YOU CAN'T EVEN GET HIS NAME RIGHT!!!

Seriously, if he's such a scrub and you've seen it time and time again, you'd think you'd have his name memorized. How you can call a player a scrub who doesn't even see the field is beyond me. So enlighten us.... what have you seen specifically that points to Francies being a scrub?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: