Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders cut OT Barksdale
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ULEN

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
He got claimed by Saint Louis.
Was reading he was a bad scheme fit, which isn't much of a surprise given his size and athleticism in college.

We run a power system. That's the only reason why I think he has a chance. Not expecting a lot but the Rams have the worst offensive line in the league so any change is good.

This is who we started last week: LT Wayne Hunter, LG Quinn Ojinnaka, C Robert Turner, RG Harvey Dahl, RT Barry Richardson

Can't be much worst than that, right? Laughing

I can honestly tell you he isn't better than either of those players. He didn't really contribute at all this year and was outplayed by a UNFA. I feel bad for the guy and I consider him a friend.
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:
jury still out on Taiwan Jones too :/

I still don't like the DVD move...

I moved on...

I still think we have two scrubs on the roster
C Alex Parsons
CB Coye Francis

I would hope we could upgrade with other player. I still think Chekwa is better than Francis

Also, TE Richard Gordan has grown on me .. I get his role as a back up tight end. He is a good blocker, and a great special teams player..

Who is Brandon Ross?? I wonder what he the new LB or Clayton will do if given a chance

You've been calling for Parson's head for a while now. Problem is, if we get rid of him we run into the same problem we had against SD; No one capable of filling in at center. Parson's is a key backup position, center is one of the more important positions on the field. If we don't have Parsons and Wiz goes down..... we're screwed. He knows our scheme, is familiar snapping the ball to Palmer and can fill in in a jam. That's no scrub. That's key depth, and people like that keeps us from losing games when bad things happen.

I don't think he's as expendable as you think he is.

I wonder if Condo couldn't be a serviceable backup centre in the ZBS (as his lack of size would be less of an issue)
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreadymatt wrote:
NickButera wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:
jury still out on Taiwan Jones too :/

I still don't like the DVD move...

I moved on...

I still think we have two scrubs on the roster
C Alex Parsons
CB Coye Francis

I would hope we could upgrade with other player. I still think Chekwa is better than Francis

Also, TE Richard Gordan has grown on me .. I get his role as a back up tight end. He is a good blocker, and a great special teams player..

Who is Brandon Ross?? I wonder what he the new LB or Clayton will do if given a chance

You've been calling for Parson's head for a while now. Problem is, if we get rid of him we run into the same problem we had against SD; No one capable of filling in at center. Parson's is a key backup position, center is one of the more important positions on the field. If we don't have Parsons and Wiz goes down..... we're screwed. He knows our scheme, is familiar snapping the ball to Palmer and can fill in in a jam. That's no scrub. That's key depth, and people like that keeps us from losing games when bad things happen.

I don't think he's as expendable as you think he is.

I wonder if Condo couldn't be a serviceable backup centre in the ZBS (as his lack of size would be less of an issue)

Then you would be exposing the special teams unit to another episode of the Monday night debacle vs. San Diego.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: